BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

amongst all the cantwell news,liverpool have loaned us another 12 yr old,beck looks like he should be starting school next week,another clarkson clone imo

In the SPFL team of the year last year

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

On an even more depressing note 🤦‍♂️ I can see TC signing for us and being talismatic then suffering an injury ala Ossie 😞 

Too cynical in my old age.

Steady on now. We haven’t even signed him and you’re threatening him with a long term injury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Who else doesn't believe Cantwell will get done? 

Once the realisation of how much it will cost in wages, Waggot will piss his pants. 

I tried to like this post thrice but the site tech wasn't up to it @J*B.

110% the new Mcquire.

I have always rated Cantwell highly and he needs to.wake up and just get his  fucking shit together. Be lovely it was here tbf.

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Names and faces change, 'new model' introduced, transfer receipts through the roof yet still got Liverpool and Brighton on speed dial in the last days of the window hoping they'll send us a cheap kid or two.

Beck is 22 years old and just been called up to Wales squad under Bellamy. 

The other player is highly rated. Mini Saka

Nothing with loaning 2 or 3 from PL clubs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does mini saka play in Japan as well?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends that doesn't it, on the quality of the loanee and what state we are left in at the end of the loan.

Hardly suggests long term planning or any shift in approach from what we were doing under Mowbray or Broughton's regimes.

No problem with (this iteration of Blackburn Rovers) loaning a player from Brighton and Liverpool each season - as long as it is the best possible loan those clubs are letting out to the Championship - such as Harvey Elliott and Jan Paul Van Hecke.

The Moran, Khadra, Koumetio, Clarkson and Morten type ones are what is holding us back. (Morton and Moran sounded more exciting pre arrival).

3 correct loans from the Premier League can literally be the difference from potential top 6, or relegation.

Once upon a time Huddersfield loaned Aaron Mooy from Man City whilst Rovers got Jack Byrne. Safe to say Rovers don't get relegated and Huddersfield get nowhere near promotion if you swap those two loans.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Steady on now. We haven’t even signed him and you’re threatening him with a long term injury.

Sorry I'm just in negative mode regarding Rovers and false dawns despite it being my birthday🤔

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So is reinvesting and building a squad. When does that start?

As it currently stands we have one loan player. That's a hell of a lot of players we have under contract. Most of our business this summer has been permanent. There's your squad building right there.

All clubs at this level loan players. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Depends that doesn't it, on the quality of the loanee and what state we are left in at the end of the loan.

Hardly suggests long term planning or any shift in approach from what we were doing under Mowbray or Broughton's regimes.

We always loan players under Mowbray and Broughton's regimes. Mowbray also signed 3 or 4 every season. GB's first season we signed 4 loans and in his second season we had 5 loans. 

What you seen this summer, is 3 experience players and 2 players aged 26 and 28. Then add the Hungarian keeper and Cantwell who are 26 and 27. So these 4 players are coming to their peak years. That's what we see to be targeting more instead of young players after young players aged 20 to 24. 

Just now, TommyRovers said:

As it currently stands we have one loan player. That's a hell of a lot of players we have under contract. Most of our business this summer has been permanent. There's your squad building right there.

As it currently stands, we have 6 players from our first team squad walking out the door next summer that we need to replace already.

I reckon we add at least 2 more to that by Friday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

I see your point, but only 2 of the players we’ve signed are long term permanent additions. 

• Like 1