BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Amario Cozier-Duberry looks like a good player from the videos, even if they're just highlights and much of it is at youth level. Could turn into an exciting loan signing if there's anything in it. I'm a bit confused though - apparently Brighton signed him from Arsenal for free. But after rejecting a new contract offer from Arsenal. The only way that should be possible is if Arsenal didn't offer him equal terms to what he was already on, but with him being only 19 and them being one of the richest clubs in the country, it seems highly unlikely that would be the case.

21/22 season:

Forest loaned 6 players

22/23 season:

Burnley loaned 6 players

Sheffield United loaned 4 players 

Luton loaned 3 players

23/24 season

Ipswich loaned 6 players

Southampton loaned 7 players

Good loans get you promoted.

Edited by TommyRovers
  • Like 9
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

As it currently stands we have one loan player. That's a hell of a lot of players we have under contract. Most of our business this summer has been permanent. There's your squad building right there.

All clubs at this level loan players. 

We've signed 5 senior permanent players, of which 3 will be gone by July when their 12 month contracts expire.

That number is eclipsed by the number of sales and departures since January.

We've a heap of cash and massive FFP flexibility (two excuses for lack of spending in previous windows gone) and months and months to prepare for this window since selling Adam Wharton.

And lo and behold despite all the talk about plans, changes, new structures, it's the tried and tested cheap, easy, last minute short term-ism again.

Building? Don't make me laugh. It's cobbling together a squad whilst the cash disappears out the side door.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

We've signed 5 senior permanent players, of which 3 will be gone by July when their 12 month contracts expire.

That number is eclipsed by the number of sales and departures since January.

We've a heap of cash and massive FFP flexibility (two excuses for lack of spending in previous windows gone) and months and months to prepare for this window since selling Adam Wharton.

And lo and behold despite all the talk about plans, changes, new structures, it's the tried and tested cheap, easy, last minute short term-ism again.

Building? Don't make me laugh. It's cobbling together a squad whilst the cash disappears out the side door.

We all know know the venkys issue and I agree with you. The investment isn't enough. 

But we have signed players on permanent deals this summer (and more to follow) and in previous windows. Our squad isn't built on loan deals.

4 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

21/22 season:

Forest loaned 6 players

22/23 season:

Burnley loaned 6 players

Luton loaned 3 players

23/24 season

Ipswich loaned 6 players

All those clubs spent substantially on both permanent signings and loans. We are doing neither. 

The comparisons end there, those clubs had a serious intention to get somewhere. This one doesn't.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All those clubs spent substantially on both permanent signings and loans. We are doing neither. 

The comparisons end there, those clubs had a serious intention to get somewhere. This one doesn't.

Take the premier league loans out of those squads and tell me they do just as well.

The right loans can change your squad into promotion contenders. All the promoted teams loan premier league players. 

Edited by TommyRovers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can agree with you on that one. Strictly maintanence. 

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Amario Cozier-Duberry looks like a good player from the videos, even if they're just highlights and much of it is at youth level. Could turn into an exciting loan signing if there's anything in it. I'm a bit confused though - apparently Brighton signed him from Arsenal for free. But after rejecting a new contract offer from Arsenal. The only way that should be possible is if Arsenal didn't offer him equal terms to what he was already on, but with him being only 19 and them being one of the richest clubs in the country, it seems highly unlikely that would be the case.

Same as with Finneran, there will be a fee & add ons/sell on etc set by tribunal

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dembele might happen, Birmingham will drop the price or even a loan. Nixon on Radio Lancs right now

Thats one that would only make sense as a permanent deal. And we should be able to afford it having spent less than 2m of the 40m brought in.

Surely we wouldnt get him and the Brighton lad? Not saying we shouldnt.

13 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

21/22 season:

Forest loaned 6 players

22/23 season:

Burnley loaned 6 players

Luton loaned 3 players

23/24 season

Ipswich loaned 6 players

I guess 1 year of PL football is the dream these days 

2 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

It's a forum where you give your opinion. If you disagree with my opinion tell me why or don't respond. 

I don't really give a shit about your opinions. You're entitled to them. But if you're trying to tell me your name is Tommy Rovers....come on mate. I wasn't born yesterday!

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats one that would only make sense as a permanent deal. And we should be able to afford it having spent less than 2m of the 40m brought in.

Surely we wouldnt get him and the Brighton lad? Not saying we shouldnt.

we seen by Saturday. 

Just now, islander200 said:

Nixon said Brighton are willing and the player has already spoken to Rovers, weighing his options up 

Do you have the article? Does he have other options.

I never thought I would be asking that! But he has been good with Rovers news this summer. Although if its John Park, surely its not good that hes leaking our transfer news.

Whatever restrictions/fuckery he's having to deal with, one of my assumptions/conclusions from this window is that John Park is not a fool (and maybe some credit to Gestede/Owen?).

(edit: should add biggest TBD is what happens GK-wise...)

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon saying on BBC Radio Lancs that Krul didn't happen over a couple of thousands pounds. 

The Hungarian keeper is flying over tonight

I didnt want Krul, but it sums the owners up that we have seemingly struggled with a few deals over peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you have the article? Does he have other options.

I never thought I would be asking that! But he has been good with Rovers news this summer. Although if its John Park, surely its not good that hes leaking our transfer news.

What I have said and Islander have said is the story. Nothing else to it

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I didnt want Krul, but it sums the owners up that we have seemingly struggled with a few deals over peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Krul didn't want to lose that money in wages. 

We have a wage budget and we stick to him. 

Cantwell drop his wages to come here and play regular first team football. Dembele similar. Both would be very good here if both signed