BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Same as with Finneran, there will be a fee & add ons/sell on etc set by tribunal

Yeh that's what I'd have expected. Just all the references to the transfer were free transfer rather than to be set by tribunal. Gave the impression there was no tribunal. Not that I looked too extensively.

8 minutes ago, patrickvalery said:

I don't really give a shit about your opinions. You're entitled to them. But if you're trying to tell me your name is Tommy Rovers....come on mate. I wasn't born yesterday!

Strange thing to say from somebody posting under the name Patrick Valery....

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you have the article? Does he have other options.

I never thought I would be asking that! But he has been good with Rovers news this summer. Although if its John Park, surely its not good that hes leaking our transfer news.

It was just a few lines said Brighton willing to loan him to us ,player spoken to Rovers and weighing up his options 

If we get this lad we should still be targetting a permanent winger too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

It was just a few lines said Brighton willing to loan him to us ,player spoken to Rovers and weighing up his options 

Waiting for better options in other words.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon saying on BBC Radio Lancs that Krul didn't happen over a couple of thousands pounds. 

The Hungarian keeper is flying over tonight

Listened back and he said Birmingham would have to drop price for Dembele or Blackburn could go for a loan late on

29 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

The soothing tones of Big Al Nixon on Radio lancs with a bit of late night transfer tittle tattle 

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Sounds romantic 

S02E03-SoVVKZnf-subtitled.jpg.dc33d7128fbb82b033a97a14fe2f1ae6.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Strange thing to say from somebody posting under the name Patrick Valery....

Have you considered this could be a double bluff monsieur? Perhaps myself and mon ami Sébastien Pérez are enjoying the forum?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I didnt want Krul, but it sums the owners up that we have seemingly struggled with a few deals over peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

In regards to Krul, the weekly wage was the issue, he wanted £3000-£4000pw more than we wanted to pay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Norwich are desperate for a winger and I’ve seen they’ve looked at that Brighton lad…Can see them beating us. 

They have also enquire for Matondo from Rangers. Loan bid. Rejected

6 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

Listened back and he said Birmingham would have to drop price for Dembele or Blackburn could go for a loan late on

correct. 

If we can sign Dembele for £1m then we should get it down

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Whilst signing a keeper is crucial, I'm struggling to get excited about this one. It really doesn't fit the profile I'd have wanted. And the 1 million I'm seeing being quoted seems high for his CV.

Guess it's one of those where you just have to trust the scouting team, as not a one of us will have seen him play, and the Hungarian league really isn't one you can compare to the Championship. I'd really have preferred someone from a stronger league, especially given how weak our other goalie is, but we won't know what we're getting til he puts the gloves on, if he does. But if he somehow turns out to be a cracker, the recruitment team will earn a hell of a lot of trust from me. Personally I'm suspecting this one is a bit of a Wahlstedt, Stergiakis type signing. Coming from a weak foreign league into one they're just not ready for.

• Like 7

Just now, JonJonTheDon said:

Has Nixon said anything re: Cantwell on radio lancs?

Nothing about medical. Just said the lad could have sat on his contract but wanted to play and willing to drop wage so FairPlay. Also said We tried very hard and it was not a publicity stunt. Said he’s a luxury player who would benefit from a team that plays on the front foot and able to give him the ball as without it he doesn’t offer much. Thinks we have a plan how to set up the side for him by how hard we tried to get deal done

• Like 2

Just now, Rover1984 said:

Nothing about medical. Just said the lad could have sat on his contract but wanted to play and willing to drop wage so FairPlay. Also said We tried very hard and it was not a publicity stunt. Said he’s a luxury player who would benefit from a team that plays on the front foot and able to give him the ball as without it he doesn’t offer much. Thinks we have a plan how to set up the side for him by how hard we tried to get deal done

There's a lot of past tense there. Have I missed something and the deal is off?

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Couldn't stump up the extra £300,000 or whatever it was up to £1.2m for De Lange, but they'll pay almost the same amount now for a more risky/obscure Hungarian.

Exactly. Seems like madness to me. I suppose the Szmodics money wasn't confirmed yet, but realistically that was always going to come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonJonTheDon said:

Has Nixon said anything re: Cantwell on radio lancs?

He did. Said it's all been agreed but there will be a "stringent" medical tomorrow given the wages involved.

He also said the Hungarian GK is flying over tonight and he's heard good things about him.

We have spoken to the Brighton guy but he's got a few options so we'll see. Also interested interested in Dembele even if we sign the Brighton guy, but price will have to drop. It could even be a loan.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

There's a lot of past tense there. Have I missed something and the deal is off?

No, just trying to state what Nixon said on radio lancs. I’m not the best at putting things across but I try 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Whilst signing a keeper is crucial, I'm struggling to get excited about this one. It really doesn't fit the profile I'd have wanted. And the 1 million I'm seeing being quoted seems high for his CV.

Guess it's one of those where you just have to trust the scouting team, as not a one of us will have seen him play, and the Hungarian league really isn't one you can compare to the Championship. I'd really have preferred someone from a stronger league, especially given how weak our other goalie is, but we won't know what we're getting til he puts the gloves on, if he does. But if he somehow turns out to be a cracker, the recruitment team will earn a hell of a lot of trust from me. Personally I'm suspecting this one is a bit of a Wahlstedt, Stergiakis type signing. Coming from a weak foreign league into one they're just not ready for.

We're on a pretty strict budget so probably taking a gamble on this position and getting some better outfield players in instead. He seems like a better shot stopper than Pears, and that will help a lot - even if he might be lacking in other areas. We'll find out soon enough, Pears will be between the sticks on Saturday, that's for sure.