BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Exactly. Seems like madness to me. I suppose the Szmodics money wasn't confirmed yet, but realistically that was always going to come.

We had feelers out right, left and centre for GK's. But de Lange ended up going to Marseille anyway, don't think he would've joined us over them if we had matched their bid.

• Like 1

Just now, Torgeir said:

We're on a pretty strict budget so probably taking a gamble on this position and getting some better outfield players in instead. He seems like a better shot stopper than Pears, and that will help a lot - even if he might be lacking in other areas. We'll find out soon enough, Pears will be between the sticks on Saturday, that's for sure.

This is the absolute last position we should take a gamble on.

Tbh, I'd spend 90% of the budget on a top notch goalie if that's what it took. Our need is that dire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

He did. Said it's all been agreed but there will be a "stringent" medical tomorrow given the wages involved.

He also said the Hungarian GK is flying over tonight and he's heard good things about him.

We have spoken to the Brighton guy but he's got a few options so we'll see. Also interested interested in Dembele even if we sign the Brighton guy, but price will have to drop. It could even be a loan.

Cheers everyone!

Just seen Toth's contract expires next summer too? 1 million really seems a silly fee to pay for him at face value. I could understand if he was a Hungarian international or something perhaps, but he has 1 U21 cap to his name it seems. Perhaps the quoted fee is miles off, as it was with Ohashi.

Edit - correction, his contract expires in 2026, I was using a crap source.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We had feelers out right, left and centre for GK's. But de Lange ended up going to Marseille anyway, don't think he would've joined us over them if we had matched their bid.

We should have closed the deal BEFORE Marseille were even on the scene.

Think it's fair to say we p1ssed about once again.  Snooze and you lose!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Just seen Toth's contract expires next summer too? 1 million really seems a silly fee to pay for him at face value. I could understand if he was a Hungarian international or something perhaps, but he has 1 U21 cap to his name it seems. Perhaps the quoted fee is miles off, as it was with Ohashi.

Indeed - consumption for the guillible!

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Tbh, I'd spend 90% of the budget on a top notch goalie if that's what it took. Our need is that dire.

Yeah. I think in hindsight letting Kaminski go for peanuts as a gentleman's agreement and letting Luton potentially cash in over double that after one season was total bonkers. 

• Like 3

Cant explain why but I’ve got a bad feeling about signing Cantwell  and the Hungarian keeper I feel they are both very risky 

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I thought that. 

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We received €1m for Wahlstedt.

4 minutes ago, JohnD said:

If anyone is thinking of getting Todd Cantwell printed on their shirt I suggest it's truncated to T C.

If it doesn't work out you can claim it's Tommy Cooper 

Just like that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Beck is 22 years old and just been called up to Wales squad under Bellamy. 

The other player is highly rated. Mini Saka

Nothing with loaning 2 or 3 from PL clubs. 

I hope not, Saka is small enough. 

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We should have closed the deal BEFORE Marseille were even on the scene.

Think it's fair to say we p1ssed about once again.  Snooze and you lose!

We don't know what went on behind the scenes, but we're not the most well-oiled operation when it comes to getting deals over the line.

9 minutes ago, AJW said:

Cant explain why but I’ve got a bad feeling about signing Cantwell  and the Hungarian keeper I feel they are both very risky 

Cantwell should be good in the Championship and especially with the type of style we've been playing. I just hope Cantwell isn't in place of a pacey wide player.

Just now, bluebruce said:

We received pretty much what we paid.

It's the same pool of players we're shopping in. Wouldn't expect a new Kaminski, but should be an upgrade on Pears at least. We'll see how he fares I guess. I preferred one of the PL names linked myself tbh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Really hope they've got this one right, agree it's the last one I'd be gambling on. 

I'd rather an older experienced keeper rather than a foreign punt. 

Got to trust them I suppose, after the last couple of signings, but with only Pears available, it's one they must get right. 

52 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Norwich are desperate for a winger and I’ve seen they’ve looked at that Brighton lad…Can see them beating us. 

Just pitch to him that he could live in a flat wasteland or the Ribble Valley for the next 10 months. We'll both finish midtable somewhere. 

• Like 1

I know we often accuse the venkys of asset stripping but what’s going on down the road is insane.

To me, it was obvious from the start that it would all turn sour with Pace and his cronies. However,  to sell that many first team players and rake in that much profit and still be struggling with cash for incomings is boggling.

We might have a better window than the dingles come Friday night. When was the last time we could say that? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Couldn't stump up the extra £300,000 or whatever it was up to £1.2m for De Lange, but they'll pay almost the same amount now for a more risky/obscure Hungarian.

I think they're both risky / obscure signings. I'd have gone all out for Rushworth personally. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He's gone as a #2, no?