BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

25 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just seen Toth's contract expires next summer too? 1 million really seems a silly fee to pay for him at face value. I could understand if he was a Hungarian international or something perhaps, but he has 1 U21 cap to his name it seems. Perhaps the quoted fee is miles off, as it was with Ohashi.

They only signed him this year, so that seems unlikely.

He was on loan from Puskas and Fehervar liked him so much they made the deal a permanent one. 

3 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

I know we often accuse the venkys of asset stripping but what’s going on down the road is insane.

To me, it was obvious from the start that it would all turn sour with Pace and his cronies. However,  to sell that many first team players and rake in that much profit and still be struggling with cash for incomings is boggling.

We might have a better window than the dingles come Friday night. When was the last time we could say that? 

They bought the club with its own money. Then they let Vincent Kompany buy a squad with someone else's money.

Someone posted the itemised debt somewhere and the carelessness was shocking. They are now in a position of having to pay it back whilst also raising transfer monies for their new manager. 120m+ I think. And the players who got them into so much debt, and relegated, want to leave because they've been relegated and VK has gone and left his mess for someone else to clear up.

• Like 9

Just now, booth said:

They bought the club with its own money. Then they let Vincent Kompany buy a squad with someone else's money.

Someone posted the itemised debt somewhere and the carelessness was shocking. They are now in a position of having to pay it back whilst also raising transfer monies for their new manager. 120m+ I think. And the players who got them into so much debt, and relegated, want to leave because they've been relegated and VK has gone and left his mess for someone else to clear up.

Good!

• Like 5

Just now, booth said:

Awful way to run a club.

I have zero sympathies.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's gone as a #2, no?

He knows Rulli, who he's competing with, from the Dutch league so will probably try and claim a stake for the #1 spot, but initially yes. Would imagine Marseille forced his wage demands up a notch as well, but who knows. Haven't seen much of de Lange or the Hungarian to pass judgement.

7 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

I know we often accuse the venkys of asset stripping but what’s going on down the road is insane.

To me, it was obvious from the start that it would all turn sour with Pace and his cronies. However,  to sell that many first team players and rake in that much profit and still be struggling with cash for incomings is boggling.

We might have a better window than the dingles come Friday night. When was the last time we could say that? 

Weve brought in £40m+, have spent £1m and are seemingly spending another £1-1.5m.

I think because of how low expectations are and a bit of giddiness about some new signings, combined with the timing of their exits, its easy to lose perspective.

They spent something like £100m last season, theyve spent big on Worrall and Hannibal, have spent on other various fees and will likely spend more. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

They gambled and failed - this is the fallout. 

3 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Is nobody else concerned about Gueye being the only out an out striker? Think a ST should be ahead of a cm as a priority 

Think we need another forward who can hold the ball up but Ohashi seems to do that job well and draws a fair few fouls on himself. Think another CM is a must, one that can cover ground and preferably has decent passing range.

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

Is nobody else concerned about Gueye being the only out an out striker? Think a ST should be ahead of a cm as a priority 

I think yesterdays match showed us that if we're ever having to rely on Vale we're in the shit. It's a shame we have such terrible owners because Stansfield at 21 years old would have been brilliant investment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, booth said:

I think yesterdays match showed us that if we're ever having to rely on Vale we're in the shit. It's a shame we have such terrible owners because Stansfield at 21 years old would have been brilliant investment.

Like Cannon I think there's a long queue for Stansfield and the bidding starts at £5m+. 

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Good!

Yep. They've took the piss out of us for Venkys for years.

Fit and proper, it's happening to them now.

Two previously well ran clubs ran into the ground by foreign owners who haven't a clue about English football.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He knows Rulli, who he's competing with, from the Dutch league so will probably try and claim a stake for the #1 spot, but initially yes. Would imagine Marseille forced his wage demands up a notch as well, but who knows. Haven't seen much of de Lange or the Hungarian to pass judgement.

Seemingly got triple what he was getting here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Think we need another forward who can hold the ball up but Ohashi seems to do that job well and draws a fair few fouls on himself. Think another CM is a must, one that can cover ground and preferably has decent passing range.

I'd love another CF, but I think we can make do with what we've got - we need pace and width more than anything (assuming this GK is much cop). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

They only signed him this year, so that seems unlikely.

He was on loan from Puskas and Fehervar liked him so much they made the deal a permanent one. 

You're right, contracted until 2026, that'll teach me to pay attention to what the 72 say.

I suspect his contract at his previous club would have expired next summer and they've used that info. Anyways cheers for the correction. Wonder what they paid for him...making a quick easy profit it seems. Means he was also available for less a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Our new goalkeeper should be thrown straight into action on Saturday as long as he is match fit. If he doesn't get that vote of confidence we should have signed someone better.

i would`nt put him in on saturday,he`ll have experienced nothing like it before,pears is shocking but it`s to risky to put the new keeper in,from the relative comfort of the hungarian 1st division to a heated english derby,it`s to risky imo

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Is Cantwell another Rodwell ?

He was raved about and needed a loving home, cost a packet then was largely disinterested and useless.

rodwell was only here to pick up his money at the fag end of his career,cantwell has a lot to prove and will be trying to get a move to a bigger club,if he does well here,we could make a tidy profit on him

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt put him in on saturday,he`ll have experienced nothing like it before,pears is shocking but it`s to risky to put the new keeper in,from the relative comfort of the hungarian 1st division to a heated english derby,it`s to risky imo

Fuck that - if he's a League quality GK he should be straight into the team. If he can't handle a derby then we've signed another wall flower. 

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, pick32 said:

We need both.  Of the links today - we can live without the rb from Newcastle. Britain Duru JRC, Trav - even Carter can cover that. 

I'd be really trying to move Dolan or Siggy (or both) on and get another decent forward.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rodwell was only here to pick up his money at the fag end of his career,cantwell has a lot to prove and will be trying to get a move to a bigger club,if he does well here,we could make a tidy profit on him

He was only a year older.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just seen Toth's contract expires next summer too? 1 million really seems a silly fee to pay for him at face value. I could understand if he was a Hungarian international or something perhaps, but he has 1 U21 cap to his name it seems. Perhaps the quoted fee is miles off, as it was with Ohashi.

Edit - correction, his contract expires in 2026, I was using a crap source.

Just been called up to The National Squad for September’s fixtures by the looks of it. 
https://fehervarfc.hu/en/news/balazs-toth-invited-to-the-national-team1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He was only a year older.

he was but the stupidly massive money he was on at city and sunderland,where he barely played finished his career early,when you`ve earned that amount you just don`t need the game anymore,especially at a lower level,you could tell he was`nt interested by his performances with us

• Like 1