BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They spent something like £100m last season, theyve spent big on Worrall and Hannibal, have spent on other various fees and will likely spend more. 

It's appears players want out, massive turnover in players and from reports still players want out and Parker wants another few signings. 

It's seem like it's chaos behind the scenes, with some players only signings cos of Kompany and now he has gone they want out.

54 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's gone as a #2, no?

We should have gone and got him. Surprised we didn't go for Drommel after that. I thought they might have gone for Wigan's keeper Sam Tickle. Supposedly the next big thing. Has a couple of good seasons he is treble what's he is worth. Then have an experience keeper as number 2..

56 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Fancy an old face back….

Lucas joao on a free, champ experience, can hold the ball up, iv heard crazier suggestions 

I loved Joao, proper striker, attitude has held him back but he flashes world class ability at times. Knows the division and cheap, would be all for it. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Whilst signing a keeper is crucial, I'm struggling to get excited about this one. It really doesn't fit the profile I'd have wanted. And the 1 million I'm seeing being quoted seems high for his CV.

Guess it's one of those where you just have to trust the scouting team, as not a one of us will have seen him play, and the Hungarian league really isn't one you can compare to the Championship. I'd really have preferred someone from a stronger league, especially given how weak our other goalie is, but we won't know what we're getting til he puts the gloves on, if he does. But if he somehow turns out to be a cracker, the recruitment team will earn a hell of a lot of trust from me. Personally I'm suspecting this one is a bit of a Wahlstedt, Stergiakis type signing. Coming from a weak foreign league into one they're just not ready for.

Lets hope the scouting team has seen him play

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We should have gone and got him. Surprised we didn't go for Drommel after that. I thought they might have gone for Wigan's keeper Sam Tickle. Supposedly the next big thing. Has a couple of good seasons he is treble what's he is worth. Then have an experience keeper as number 2..

Mr Tickle in the sticks would be incredible!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You're right, contracted until 2026, that'll teach me to pay attention to what the 72 say.

I suspect his contract at his previous club would have expired next summer and they've used that info. Anyways cheers for the correction. Wonder what they paid for him...making a quick easy profit it seems. Means he was also available for less a couple of months ago.

If only Rovers hadn't waiting until the middle off the summer to dump and replace the old scouting team eh?  

• Like 1

As there seems to be complete and utter turmoil down the road, could we not put together a ridiculous loan offer for Manuel Benson? They seem to be accepting all offers at present and have confirmed he will leave in some way, shape or form 🤷‍♂️

I know it's not gonna happen but it would send them into THE biggest meltdown known to man and you'd have to fear for the safety of Pace's wife 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt put him in on saturday,he`ll have experienced nothing like it before,pears is shocking but it`s to risky to put the new keeper in,from the relative comfort of the hungarian 1st division to a heated english derby,it`s to risky imo

Starting Pears is likely more risky. Again and again he has proven he cannot be trusted. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's appears players want out, massive turnover in players and from reports still players want out and Parker wants another few signings. 

It's seem like it's chaos behind the scenes, with some players only signings cos of Kompany and now he has gone they want out.

Arsenal looking at Tickle apparently, presumably as Ramsdale replacement.

Never likely he was coming here

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Rodwell was only here to pick up his money at the fag end of his career,cantwell has a lot to prove and will be trying to get a move to a bigger club,if he does well here,we could make a tidy profit on him

Rewriting history a bit here

Rodwell was 27, only one year older than Cantwell when he signed here!

• Like 1

I still don’t think Cantwell will happen. The cats out of the bag and there’s no way we’ll be the only ones interested now that the low fee is known. Expect him to end up at Sunderland or Hull.

21 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I still don’t think Cantwell will happen. The cats out of the bag and there’s no way we’ll be the only ones interested now that the low fee is known. Expect him to end up at Sunderland or Hull.

That’s a real worry and likely outcome 🙈

Cantwell could well become the O'Brien/McGuire of this year.

Expect there'll be the classic radio silence from the owners, due to the financials of the deal...

Will give it until 3pm before we hear of plans to hijack the deal from the likes of Burnley, Middlesbrough, Luton etc.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Cantwell could well become the O'Brien/McGuire of this year.

Expect there'll be the classic radio silence from the owners, due to the financials of the deal...

Will give it until 3pm before we hear of plans to hijack the deal from the likes of Burnley, Middlesbrough, Luton etc.

I think it will be exactly that. 

Different from the other deals we have done this window, loads of noise about it and still rumbling on. Others came a bit under the radar and where over the line pretty swiftly once it was public knowledge. 

Rovers fans can sniff out the patterns now.

• Like 3