BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

If Cantwell does come where does he play as don't know much about him?

Sounds like he takes Dolans spot rather than on the wing. Hope we are still bringing in some pacey wingers as it would make a huge difference to the team and our ability to threaten.

1 hour ago, markhayhurst said:

Change in agreed wage structure max 

Yeah my guess is we are using part of the transfer budget to pay additional wages. £1.5M equates to an additional £15k over 2 years.

Does feel like this will go the same way as McGuire and Obrien. 

3 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Sounds like he takes Dolans spot rather than on the wing. Hope we are still bringing in some pacey wingers as it would make a huge difference to the team and our ability to threaten.

I hope he can play deeper personally, we need quality more desperately at centre mid than number 10.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

As there seems to be complete and utter turmoil down the road, could we not put together a ridiculous loan offer for Manuel Benson? They seem to be accepting all offers at present and have confirmed he will leave in some way, shape or form 🤷‍♂️

I know it's not gonna happen but it would send them into THE biggest meltdown known to man and you'd have to fear for the safety of Pace's wife 🤣

He was one of the players slagged off on the list of players that ended up in the wrong hands. “ Lazy, not good attitude “. Just what we need.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, roverblue said:

It appears that Cantwell is an additional signing to the Keeper, LB, CM and Winger that the club and manager have stated they need.

Cantwell is a creative #10. In his best version, we’ve got someone who will play behind Gueye or Yuki and look to thread passes in behind for willing runners. He *should get 15+ goal contributions (Goals and assists) in our team. He’s had off field / attitude problems levelled at him, but if he hits his straps, he’s arguably one of the best players in the division. If this gets done for £600k, John Park probably needs a knighthood!

Expect medicals completed for TC and Toth (Keeper) today, and announcements tonight / tomorrow morning 🤞🏽

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Cantwell could well become the O'Brien/McGuire of this year.

Expect there'll be the classic radio silence from the owners, due to the financials of the deal...

Will give it until 3pm before we hear of plans to hijack the deal from the likes of Burnley, Middlesbrough, Luton etc.

💯 💯 💯 

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It appears that Cantwell is an additional signing to the Keeper, LB, CM and Winger that the club and manager have stated they need.

Cantwell is a creative #10. In his best version, we’ve got someone who will play behind Gueye or Yuki and look to thread passes in behind for willing runners. He *should get 15+ goal contributions (Goals and assists) in our team. He’s had off field / attitude problems levelled at him, but if he hits his straps, he’s arguably one of the best players in the division. If this gets done for £600k, John Park probably needs a knighthood!

Expect medicals completed for TC and Toth (Keeper) today, and announcements tonight / tomorrow morning 🤞🏽

Definitely an additional signing. No doubt a signing they will flog at the first sign of making a good profit. Business signing, Not a club signing 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Iceman said:

If this comes down to Venkys decision, im afraid, its time to move on. They are all a bunch of charlatans, liars, who are taking fans for fools again. 

I'm sure Sunhail will talk them out of it and promise them he will find a much cheaper alternative. He's an absolute slimey scuzz ball that's only interested in getting pats on the head from his masters

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

So many variables that will stop Cantwell from coming, take your pick and feel free to add more... 

Offers from other clubs, Swag changing his mind, the owners not answering the phone, us fucking up the application... Strangely, I'm not even that desperate for it to happen, it seems like a weird signing, a forced signing that's doomed to fail but I admire the ambition and determination behind the manager to take it on and make a player out of him again. 

If anything it's just a welcome distraction so I don't have to obsess over playing those creatures on Saturday. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnD said:

If anyone is thinking of getting Todd Cantwell printed on their shirt I suggest it's truncated to T C.

If it doesn't work out you can claim it's Tommy Cooper 

Would you be able to change the name “Just like that?”

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He was one of the players slagged off on the list of players that ended up in the wrong hands. “ Lazy, not good attitude “. Just what we need.

No I know, it would never happen anyway I’d just love to see the reaction.

A good manager can overcome laziness and bad attitudes as well, done it countless times in my own managerial career 😉

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wait till you see the Todd Cantwell internal scout reports !!!

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

If Cantwell did want a move south of the border, his agent conjuring up a move to us at a bargain price is the absolute dream way to attract attention from elsewhere. Everyone knows how incompetent we are at getting deals over the line and would know they can pip us to his signature, if they wanted to of course. 

King rat Suhail will be sweating on any potential deal affecting his bonus, he’s not going to want to sell it to the twats in Pune is he. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

So many variables that will stop Cantwell from coming, take your pick and feel free to add more... 

Offers from other clubs, Swag changing his mind, the owners not answering the phone, us fucking up the application... Strangely, I'm not even that desperate for it to happen, it seems like a weird signing, a forced signing that's doomed to fail but I admire the ambition and determination behind the manager to take it on and make a player out of him again. 

If anything it's just a welcome distraction so I don't have to obsess over playing those creatures on Saturday. 

To add it goes against what we need. Do we need another 10, Has he got the correct attitude, is he within our structured pay, This has venkys all over this signing. They have fingers and toes crossed it happens. Player once valued at a massive amount still at a good age, polish up, pat him on the back, money made

4 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

To add it goes against what we need. Do we need another 10, Has he got the correct attitude, is he within our structured pay, This has venkys all over this signing. They have fingers and toes crossed it happens. Player once valued at a massive amount still at a good age, polish up, pat him on the back, money made

Strikes me of a classic car type situation. Was once worth a fair whack, got knocked about a bit but has potential value if given a bit of TLC. Had a few different owners but they all gave up.

What's Saido Berahino up to these days? 

Edited by Neal

7 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Rumours we’ve sent a second bid in for Aasgaard from Wigan, first rejected as confirmed by Maloney after their game.

Really don't understand this one at all. 

Probably wouldn't be expensive wages but we desperately need pace out wide and he's a similar profile of player to what we already have. 

• Like 5

Just now, Neal said:

Strikes me of a classic car type situation. Was once worth a fair whack, got knocked about a bit but has potential value if given a bit of TLC. Had a few different owners but they all gave up. What's Saido Berahino up to these days? 

Can’t put those two players in the same category…………