BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, Browjd said:

Do we think Dolan goes with TC coming in? Luton?

LT article reckons TC, Toth, a winger, CM and no senior departures.

Maybe Vale and a couple of younger lads out on loan 🤞🏽

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

That said, I'm definitely coming round to his signing. I didn't realise that he was doing alright at Rangers before throwing his toys out of the pram. I still worry about his attitude, but it's a worthwhile gamble. 

Yep. 7 goals from 30 appearances from midfield sounds very impressive on the face of it. Especially if things haven't been going well for him up there.

If he thinks he's swapping a basket case Club for one run properly he's going to be sorely disappointed however.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Browjd said:

Do we think Dolan goes with TC coming in? Luton?

I hope not, ideally I'd like him to sign a new deal. But if he sees himself as a 10 and doesn't think he's getting paid enough, then bringing in a top earner who pushes him down the pecking order isn't likely to persuade him to stay.

If it's a choice between selling him and him leaving on a free, then the choice is obvious sadly (assuming there's a buyer!).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I hope not, ideally I'd like him to sign a new deal. But if he sees himself as a 10 and doesn't think he's getting paid enough, then bringing in a top earner who pushes him down the pecking order isn't likely to persuade him to stay.

If it's a choice between selling him and him leaving on a free, then the choice is obvious sadly (assuming there's a buyer!).

I for one wouldn't lose any sleep if Dolan went. Flatters to deceive 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

LT article reckons TC, Toth, a winger, CM and no senior departures.

Maybe Vale and a couple of younger lads out on loan 🤞🏽

Do we need another CM IF Cantwell signs?

I'd rather see a bit of extra firepower up top to try to go someway to replacing Szmodics' 27 goals.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd rather see a bit of extra firepower up top to try to go someway to replacing Szmodics' 27 goals.

Yeah cus Cantwell isn't a cm.Not in a 2 the way we play anyway.

If Tronstad or Travis out,  we only have Buckley and maybe JRC to fill in 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I think so mate. Cantwell is a 10. Midweek vs Blackpool confirmed that we cannot go into the season with Buckley and JRC backing up Trav and Sonny.

If / when we get Cantwell and a winger it gives us a lot of forward options. Another Striker would be good but seems a luxury with Gueye, Ohashi, Leonard, Weimann and Tyjon in the squad.

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We were linked to him when Broughton was DOF and the mooted fee then was £3-£4m I think.

Saw an article online saying we were waiting for the Owners to give the green light to the deal. What could possibly go wrong with that?

If it does go through, hope he does better than the last midfielder we signed from Rangers (wee Barry) who cost £7m then decided he was homesick a few months later culminating in us almost having to give him back to Rangers.

Can only see this one being either an absolutely inspired piece of business or a complete disaster. Don't think they'll be any middle ground with it.

Okay, Cersei!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes

Cantwell is not someone who you have as part of a "double pivot" in front of the defence,

edit, neither are Cundle, or from what I have seen of him, Hall from Birmingham

Edited by KentExile