BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

29 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Am I right in thinking that Cantwell would need to be registered before 12pm Friday to be available to play on Saturday? 

He hasn't featured in any Rangers game (friendly or otherwise) since May. Not sure if he's had any reserve games.

So at the best he'd be on the bench I suspect.

• Like 3

Just now, rovers11 said:

The Brighton guy would be a game changer imo. Turns us from a mid table team to play off contenders. I think he's that good.

I'm interested about on what you are basing that very positive view? Genuine question as I haven't heard of him before.

• Like 1

Remember how excited we all were 12 months ago with Leo Wahlstedt coming in.

Let's not let Leo Wahlstedt being a bad signing stop us from being exciting about Balázs Tóth.

The odds on Rovers spending money over £500k in back to back summers on two foreign goalkeepers, and them BOTH being worse than Aynsley Pears, has got to be pretty much 10,000/1. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devon Rover said:

I'm interested about on what you are basing that very positive view? Genuine question as I haven't heard of him before.

I live in the Brighton area so I have heard lots about him in the local press and from Brighton fans. He's very good! Arsenal wanted to keep him which says everything. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dallydally said:

I for one wouldn't lose any sleep if Dolan went. Flatters to deceive 

I've always thought that his size will limit what he can achieve. Probably the reason why PNE let him go in the first place. But he has his good points. Covers a few different positions, and he scores and sets up more than he is given credit for. 

If he goes for a seven figure sum then I'd be happy to shake hands and thank him for his contribution. But losing him for nothing would be a bit of a kick in the teeth. Not quite Brereton levels of annoying, but moreso than Nyambe. 

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hope these deals are done in time to play Burnley 

Nicko reckons 4 potentially done today…👀

Im going Toth, Cantwell, Dembele and Duberry (Brighton winger).

Midfielder tomorrow.

🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Those arguing about Cantwell’s ‘position’ would I be right in saying he plays a bit like latter-day Dunny?

He’s somebody who can run with the ball from centre midfield. None of Tronstad, Travis, Buckley or JRC can do that on a regular basis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

If cantwell gets done I don’t see how he plays any more than a 10min cameo. He hasn’t kicked a ball in months trained on his own with hagi. I doubt Eustace would run the risk of injury with a two week break coming up

Be his mini pre season 

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I've always thought that his size will limit what he can achieve. Probably the reason why PNE let him go in the first place. But he has his good points. Covers a few different positions, and he scores and sets up more than he is given credit for. 

If he goes for a seven figure sum then I'd be happy to shake hands and thank him for his contribution. But losing him for nothing would be a bit of a kick in the teeth. Not quite Brereton levels of annoying, but moreso than Nyambe. 

Losing Nyambe for nothing was an absolute disaster. I always predicted he'd be the hardest of the 3 to replace and I think I was proved right. Look at the dolloper we have in situ now. If Dolan left for nothing I'd be mildly irritated but nothing more. It wouldn't be a game changer.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s 100% worth the gamble. I reckon the big sell from us (John Park) is “Come back home (England), work with John Eustace, who is great with the lads and rebuild in an environment away from the bright lights of London. Be a big fish again…if you can rediscover your best form, the fans will love you, you can lead us to the PL and be the man. If you can’t help us get promotion then you’ll get a great move. We have a history of developing forwards and selling them to top tier clubs…see Arma, Sammie…Brero has done well.”

I can definitely see the appeal from his perspective! I just worry slightly about his mental toughness. We've been giving forwards who have fallen from a grace chances for as long as I can remember. The successes like Bellamy, Santa-Cruz, Danny Graham etc. are those that are hungry. I just hope that Cantwell is more in their mold and less like Dwight Yorke's!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Losing Nyambe for nothing was an absolute disaster. I always predicted he'd be the hardest of the 3 to replace and I think I was proved right. Look at the dolloper we have in situ now. If Dolan left for nothing I'd be mildly irritated but nothing more. It wouldn't be a game changer.

Probably isn't the right thread to be returning to this, but I couldn't disagree more with that! Look at what he's done since. 

Nyambe was a strong one-on-one defender, but beyond that? There's no way that I'd swap him for Brittain (who admittedly has his own problems). 

Agree that losing Dolan wouldn't be a game changer, but he's an asset and one that I'd rather not be letting go for nowt. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nicko reckons 4 potentially done today…👀

Im going Toth, Cantwell, Dembele and Duberry (Brighton winger).

Midfielder tomorrow.

🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Don't think he's said 4 today at all.

He literally said Cantwell, Duberry and Toth

25 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think so mate. Cantwell is a 10. Midweek vs Blackpool confirmed that we cannot go into the season with Buckley and JRC backing up Trav and Sonny.

If / when we get Cantwell and a winger it gives us a lot of forward options. Another Striker would be good but seems a luxury with Gueye, Ohashi, Leonard, Weimann and Tyjon in the squad.

To that I'd say Ohashi and Gueye are both unproven and Gueye in particular, whilst he has many pleasing qualities doesn't look a natural finisher.

With the best will in the world if Leonard and Tyjon make a significant impact I'd say that would be an added bonus. Can't say if Weimann will make a major impact either

Of course IF Cantwell signs and could chip in with double figures that would make a huge difference and take the pressure off.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Probably isn't the right thread to be returning to this, but I couldn't disagree more with that! Look at what he's done since. 

Nyambe was a strong one-on-one defender, but beyond that? There's no way that I'd swap him for Brittain (who admittedly has his own problems). 

Agree that losing Dolan wouldn't be a game changer, but he's an asset and one that I'd rather not be letting go for nowt. 

I couldn't disagree more either. Brittain can't defend and has a heart the size of a pea.

Better leave it there at the risk of diverting the thread!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

If the Daily Record article of Pune sign-off for Cantwell required then it really does show how dysfunctional the club is.

If Cantwell is seen as a 'marquee' signing then surely you agree with Pune first the parameters of the deal before sitting down with Cantwell and if negotiations are within those parameters then you are home and dry, if not, waste no further time and move on.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8