BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nicko reckons 4 potentially done today…👀

Im going Toth, Cantwell, Dembele and Duberry (Brighton winger).

Midfielder tomorrow.

🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

I just seem to be far too skeptical of Rovers these days and I am convinced we aren’t getting these players. How sad is that? 

38 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The Brighton guy would be a game changer imo. Turns us from a mid table team to play off contenders. I think he's that good.

He's never played a game of men's professional football.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If the Daily Record article of Pune sign-off for Cantwell required then it really does show how dysfunctional the club is.

If Cantwell is seen as a 'marquee' signing then surely you agree with Pune first the parameters of the deal before sitting down with Cantwell and if negotiations are within those parameters then you are home and dry, if not, waste no further time and move on.

This is what I couldn't understand about the collapse of the O Brien and Mcguire deals. Presumably the owners must have okayed the deals in the first place for us to take them to the wire. Which leads me to think the deals were sabotaged closer to home.

If on the other hand we're negotiating deals, "agreeing" terms, holding medicals etc and only then asking the owners for permission we're doing it the wrong way round.

21 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Don't think he's said 4 today at all.

He literally said Cantwell, Duberry and Toth

Technically you are right- 3 today but total of 4 for the week. This would be excellent business with the possibility of maybe 2 more (I know getting ahead of myself now)

IMG_0331.jpeg

Edited by imy9
Changes made

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

He's never played a game of men's professional football.

Moran last year showed how hard this league can be for players with zero senior experience. Which isn't to say that I'm not in favour of him signing - pace is exactly what we need. 

Cantwell and Duberry on paper are very decent signings. Don't know anything about the keeper so could be a Kaminski or a Wahlstedt, we'll just have to see.

Gut feeling is that we've gone for Cantwell instead of spending money on Dembele, and now the Duberry is coming in as the winger. I'm not against this, as Dembele seems to have his critics.

I'd much rather we brought in another winger on top of Duberry instead of cover for right back. With Brittain, JRC and Duru all able to play there it feels like that should be enough.

Cantwell, Duberry, Toth, then another winger and CM cover please.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Technically you are right- 3 today but total of 4 for the week. This would be excellent business with the possibility of maybe 2 more (I know getting ahead of myself now)

IMG_0331.jpeg

He says "i think" 

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

IMG_0331.jpeg

Um isnt he saying 4 across the whole week. So Beck, Toth, Cantwell and one more, not two more.

Would be impressive anyway. Struggling to believe it.

Some details on Duberry from Wilshire- his coach at Arsenal:

“His super-strengths are his ball-carrying and ability to take people on. He’s an exciting footballer, but (has) loads to learn,” he says.

“Amario is very exciting and Mikel likes him,” Wilshere adds. “He reminds me of Bukayo Saka, plays in the same position as him, needs to get better with his decision-making like Bukayo did, but he’s definitely exciting.

“In some moments he’s unplayable. You give him the ball and he can make things happen. You can set up a team and have a game plan, but when you’ve got individuals like that you’ve got a chance.”

• Like 2

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Um isnt he saying 4 across the whole week. So Beck, Toth, Cantwell and one more, not two more.

Would be impressive anyway. Struggling to believe it.

I think that is what he is saying. Dont think he means 4 today. Its Beck, plus possibly 3 others before close of window 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I think that is what he is saying. Dont think he means 4 today. Its Beck, plus possibly 3 others before close of window 

3 more by the end of today.He still reckons we in for more players before the window shuts , hasn't ruled out Dembele 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Is there anything in this right back link?

If we do get a right back in today I’m predicting a swap deal tomorrow, Brittain for Dembele and cash our way.

Birmingham already had Laird and have signed 2 other players who can play right back already this summer

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alfons-sampsted/profil/spieler/332530

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/taylor-gardner-hickman/profil/spieler/546944

Edited by KentExile

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Birmingham already had Laird and have signed 2 other players who can play right back already this summer

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alfons-sampsted/profil/spieler/332530

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/taylor-gardner-hickman/profil/spieler/546944

Damn you.

Not even allowed to dream for 30 seconds.!

Lol.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Glad the recruitment team won the battle, if that wasn’t a lie.

John Parks has a much wider net than JE

And if we sign Dembele and Duberry?

Would that indicate an element of co-operation behind the scenes?