BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Remember how excited we all were 12 months ago with Leo Wahlstedt coming in.

Let's not let Leo Wahlstedt being a bad signing stop us from being exciting about Balázs Tóth.

The odds on Rovers spending money over £500k in back to back summers on two foreign goalkeepers, and them BOTH being worse than Aynsley Pears, has got to be pretty much 10,000/1. 

Wahlstedt wasn't worse than Pears (nobody is paying £1m for Calamity), but that shouldn't be our bar.

We need a Championship quality GK. We currently have a non-league GK and several senior GKs who probably shouldn't even be professionals on our books.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wahlstedt wasn't worse than Pears (nobody is paying £1m for Calamity), but that shouldn't be our bar.

We need a Championship quality GK. We currently have a non-league GK and several senior GKs who probably shouldn't even be professionals on our books.

And a coach that shouldn’t be either

• Like 4

Blackburn, Hull, Middlesbrough, Watford, and Portsmouth are queuing up to sign Ipswich defender George Edmundson before Friday’s transfer deadline, sources have told Football Insider.

Edmundson, 27, has been made available on loan by Ipswich after dropping down the pecking order at Portman Road.

Blackburn, Hull, Middlesbrough, Watford, and Portsmouth have registered their interest in signing Edmundson with first-team opportunities unlikely for the central defender.

12 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

I know we often accuse the venkys of asset stripping but what’s going on down the road is insane.

To me, it was obvious from the start that it would all turn sour with Pace and his cronies. However,  to sell that many first team players and rake in that much profit and still be struggling with cash for incomings is boggling.

We might have a better window than the dingles come Friday night. When was the last time we could say that? 

I just hope we have a better Saturday night, than the Dingles.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

If we sign the GK, Brighton Winger and Cantwell today, that means we still need a Midfielder, another winger and a forward.

Then possibly, I’d say another CB.

If we want another CB why did we sign both Baath and McFadz ? One I could understand but both of them ?

• Like 3

Trying to keep up here, but if we end up with:

OUTS:
Szmodics
Gallagher

Wahstedt

Telalovic

Garrett (loan)
O'Roirdon (loan)

Markanday (loan)
Fleck (released)

Ayari (end of loan)

Moran (end of loan)
Christene (end of loan)

Koumentio (end of loan)

IN:

Gueye

Ohashi

Wiemann

Batth
Toth
Cantwell

Dembele

Beck (loan)

Cozier-Duberry (loan)

I think thats a good window all things considered.

Gueye looks better than Gallagher

Wiemann better than Markanday (and gives Markanday a chance to prove himself)

Batth is better than O'Roirdon (and gives COR a chance to prove himself)

Cozier-Duberry is better than Moran

Ohashi is better than Telalovic

Leo to Toth is an unknown

Dembele would be a squad addition

Szmodics to Cantwell is a downgrade, but a good replacement given Szmodics was streets ahead of the rest of the squad

Christene to Beck seems to be like-for-like on paper

Koumentio and Fleck didn't do anything for us. Only two loan players isn't efficient given we can have five (?). Would like to see a CM that can play brought in. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, KentExile said:

That would imply "4 for the week by the end of today" given the comment he is replying to wouldn't it?

Beck earlier in the week, and 3 more today

I would say it suggests “4 by the end of the day” mostly because that’s what he’s typed!? 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Losing Nyambe for nothing was an absolute disaster. I always predicted he'd be the hardest of the 3 to replace and I think I was proved right. Look at the dolloper we have in situ now. If Dolan left for nothing I'd be mildly irritated but nothing more. It wouldn't be a game changer.

The same Nyambe who can’t get a game for Derby? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Trying to keep up here, but if we end up with:

OUTS:
Szmodics
Gallagher

Wahstedt

Telalovic

Garrett (loan)
O'Roirdon (loan)

Markanday (loan)
Fleck (released)

Ayari (end of loan)

Moran (end of loan)
Christene (end of loan)

Koumentio (end of loan)

IN:

Gueye

Ohashi

Wiemann

Batth
Toth
Cantwell

Dembele

Beck (loan)

Cozier-Duberry (loan)

I think thats a good window all things considered.

Gueye looks better than Gallagher

Wiemann better than Markanday (and gives Markanday a chance to prove himself)

Batth is better than O'Roirdon (and gives COR a chance to prove himself)

Cozier-Duberry is better than Moran

Ohashi is better than Telalovic

Leo to Toth is an unknown

Dembele would be a squad addition

Szmodics to Cantwell is a downgrade, but a good replacement given Szmodics was streets ahead of the rest of the squad

Christene to Beck seems to be like-for-like on paper

Koumentio and Fleck didn't do anything for us. Only two loan players isn't efficient given we can have five (?). Would like to see a CM that can play brought in. 

Just missing a CM, but I think that would be the best window we could’ve wished for.

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

Mate - Rev’s assertion on Nyambe has floored me. Honestly, nice kid but literally stole a wage under Mowbray. Proven since hel left as he picks up stinking move after stinking move and still can’t get a game, anywhere.

Furthermore - I rate Brittain as one of our best players. I think he’s very good at this level. 

• Like 3

Just now, rover23 said:

Don't want to labour the point or state the bleeding obvious but (I'm going to anyway) if we'd have kept him and he hadn't missed pre season there's no reason why he would have continued to be as good for us as he had been up to that point. 

Surely no-one can argue Brittain hasn't been a colossal disappointment? I was quite excited when we signed him as well.

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we want another CB why did we sign both Baath and McFadz ? One I could understand but both of them ?

Watching the Blackpool game and how slow Fadz and Baath were I am really concerned if Carter gets injured... Hes the only cb with decent pace. If he goes then we will be dropping very deep. One long term injury there could completely screw us. Last year having Hill and then Chrisene helped us a lot.

Id say we really need one loan there with pace, ideally a left footed cb.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

Just now, Madon said:

I think we are absolutely desperate for another CM. If two of Travis/Tronstad/Buckley get injured we are proper up shits creek.

JRC proved on Tuesday that he can't be trusted in there.

JRC had an unbelievably poor 20/30 mins against Blackpool. But he's played there before and been pretty good. Really good in spells actually.

I like him as a player but I'm not convinced playing him wide on the right in our system really suits him. Having him as an option in CM might be the best way we get a tune out of him, as bad as he was the other night. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Technically you are right- 3 today but total of 4 for the week. This would be excellent business with the possibility of maybe 2 more (I know getting ahead of myself now)

IMG_0331.jpeg

This sounds like the end of today we'll have signed 4?

I don't know why, I really want us to sign George Hall.

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I would say it suggests “4 by the end of the day” mostly because that’s what he’s typed!? 🤷🏽‍♂️

In response to someone saying ‘3 for the week’

So 4 in total ‘by the end of today’ cos we’ve already signed 1 (Beck)

Basically subtract 1 from 4 and that’s numberwang. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn, Hull, Middlesbrough, Watford, and Portsmouth are queuing up to sign Ipswich defender George Edmundson before Friday’s transfer deadline, sources have told Football Insider.

Edmundson, 27, has been made available on loan by Ipswich after dropping down the pecking order at Portman Road.

Blackburn, Hull, Middlesbrough, Watford, and Portsmouth have registered their interest in signing Edmundson with first-team opportunities unlikely for the central defender.

Not bad, but do we need him? 

I always though Nyambe was great defensively. Probably the best one on one defensive full back we had since the prem days. Very poor going forward though and really weak under a high ball. Id still have him though on the bench to shore us up defensively.

When we drop deep we struggle to stop opposition wingers getting to the byline or into the box.

• Like 3

Just now, Forever Blue said:

In response to someone saying ‘3 for the week’

So 4 in total ‘by the end of today’ cos we’ve already signed 1 (Beck)

Basically subtract 1 from 4 and that’s numberwang. 

I still think its 3 + Beck. I can't see 4 today. 4 to close out the window is my guess 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate - Rev’s assertion on Nyambe has floored me. Honestly, nice kid but literally stole a wage under Mowbray. Proven since hel left as he picks up stinking move after stinking move and still can’t get a game, anywhere.

Furthermore - I rate Brittain as one of our best players. I think he’s very good at this level. 

I'm probably more on your side on this, but he was a long long way away from stealing a wage! He was probably paid a pittance to begin with and was a decent defender. He just got a nosebleed in the opposition's half. 

• Like 1