BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, Madon said:

I think we are absolutely desperate for another CM. If two of Travis/Tronstad/Buckley get injured we are proper up shits creek.

JRC proved on Tuesday that he can't be trusted in there.

If JRC was fit I'd be okay with it. But he isnt and he could be like that for months as far as we know. Seems some sort of chronic issue that's slowing him down.

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Trying to keep up here, but if we end up with:

OUTS:
Szmodics
Gallagher

Wahstedt

Telalovic

Garrett (loan)
O'Roirdon (loan)

Markanday (loan)
Fleck (released)

Ayari (end of loan)

Moran (end of loan)
Christene (end of loan)

Koumentio (end of loan)

IN:

Gueye

Ohashi

Wiemann

Batth
Toth
Cantwell

Dembele

Beck (loan)

Cozier-Duberry (loan)

I think thats a good window all things considered.

Gueye looks better than Gallagher

Wiemann better than Markanday (and gives Markanday a chance to prove himself)

Batth is better than O'Roirdon (and gives COR a chance to prove himself)

Cozier-Duberry is better than Moran

Ohashi is better than Telalovic

Leo to Toth is an unknown

Dembele would be a squad addition

Szmodics to Cantwell is a downgrade, but a good replacement given Szmodics was streets ahead of the rest of the squad

Christene to Beck seems to be like-for-like on paper

Koumentio and Fleck didn't do anything for us. Only two loan players isn't efficient given we can have five (?). Would like to see a CM that can play brought in. 

Fair comment.

I'm not convinced by Fadz or Batth if we get an injury at CB.

Anyone would be an upgrade on Wahlstedt.

I still think we need extra firepower.

Most importantly this is still all largely theoretical. This is Venky's Rovers with Waghail at the sharp end of operations on the ground. As things stand with three days or so to go to the end of the window, we've still only signed a young loanee from Liverpool who might well be back up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate - Rev’s assertion on Nyambe has floored me. Honestly, nice kid but literally stole a wage under Mowbray. Proven since hel left as he picks up stinking move after stinking move and still can’t get a game, anywhere.

Furthermore - I rate Brittain as one of our best players. I think he’s very good at this level. 

Brittain not been as good as hoped IMO.  Not great defensively and average going forward.  Has a decent engine to be fair though. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This is what I couldn't understand about the collapse of the O Brien and Mcguire deals. Presumably the owners must have okayed the deals in the first place for us to take them to the wire. Which leads me to think the deals were sabotaged closer to home.

If on the other hand we're negotiating deals, "agreeing" terms, holding medicals etc and only then asking the owners for permission we're doing it the wrong way round.

I'm not sure the general consensus is that it was directly the Vs who intervened in these not going through?

McGuire - someone didn't press send on the forms. That wouldn't be a Venky.

O'Brien - paperwork not submitted in time, partly due to the FA asking for details of a wage reduction should we end up in League 2, which wouldn't have been possible based on the contract length proposed. But ultimately this would also not be something the Vs directly do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Not bad, but do we need him? 

I'm not sure who he is and if he's any good but... Yeah, probably. My main concern is that we haven't sorted out the defence and focused way too much on the offensive side. Don't understand why you sign both Fadz and Batth when it would have been better to sign just 1 better CB. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wahlstedt wasn't worse than Pears (nobody is paying £1m for Calamity), but that shouldn't be our bar.

We need a Championship quality GK. We currently have a non-league GK and several senior GKs who probably shouldn't even be professionals on our books.

Not one person on here would swap Pears for Wahlstedt 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Honestly, nice kid but literally stole a wage under Mowbray. 

Wow!

"Stole a wage?"

You never saw Gallagher "in action" for 5 years then?

I think you'd better ask them to turn your seat in Corporate  round to face the pitch for this season!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

I always though Nyambe was great defensively. Probably the best one on one defensive full back we had since the prem days. Very poor going forward though and really weak under a high ball. Id still have him though on the bench to shore us up defensively.

When we drop deep we struggle to stop opposition wingers getting to the byline or into the box.

In the modern game, he'd be very handy playing on the right of a back three. Just not threatening enough with the ball. Brittain has already contributed more in three league games this season than Nyambe did in almost 200 appearances, which tells its own story. 

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Brittain not been as good as hoped IMO.  Not great defensively and average going forward.  Has a decent engine to be fair though. 

He's good going forward (2 assists already this year) but not quite as good defensively as you'd like your FB to be. That seems to be the modern game though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm probably more on your side on this, but he was a long long way away from stealing a wage! He was probably paid a pittance to begin with and was a decent defender. He just got a nosebleed in the opposition's half. 

Pretty fair.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

In terms of his raw capabilities he's very good for this level - great feet, decent delivery, reasonable pace, good engine, not bad in the air for a full back... But seems to get caught out of position a lot, and gets beaten in one to ones when he is isolated or running back.

Pickering is much more limited in his abilities (slower, technically less good etc) but he does seem a lot more reliable to close down the attack. I think if we got the stats up on where we concede crosses from it would be much more down our right side. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neal said:

I'm not sure who he is and if he's any good but... Yeah, probably. My main concern is that we haven't sorted out the defence and focused way too much on the offensive side. Don't understand why you sign both Fadz and Batth when it would have been better to sign just 1 better CB. 

As he said when he signed them, he wanted the 3 older lads to ‘manage the dressing room’. They were signed for what they bring off the pitch as much as they bring on it. 

8 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Not bad, but do we need him? 

We definitely heed another centre-back whose not mid to late 30's.

I've not seen this guy so I wouldn't know if he's good enough or not.

26 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

If we sign the GK, Brighton Winger and Cantwell today, that means we still need a Midfielder, another winger and a forward.

Then possibly, I’d say another CB.

Judging by them not starting McFadzean even in the league cup I'd say we needed another. Think we are really over reliant on Carter.

With Wharton to come back next season this is one where a young loan as 4th choice would've made sense. 

If we get the winger, keeper, cantwell and centre mid then it's been a decent window in terms of number and options. A cb would be the icing on the cake.

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

In the modern game, he'd be very handy playing on the right of a back three. Just not threatening enough with the ball. Brittain has already contributed more in three league games this season than Nyambe did in almost 200 appearances, which tells its own story. 

Problem with that (and we did try it) is he can't head or compete for the ball in the air which is an absolute requirement if you are in a back three.

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

That was  when we were going through the 'lack of experience in the dressing room' phase.  

This window might just end up better than anyone of us thought.

Definitely need, on top of Nixon's 4, at least 1 CM and ideally another winger and striker (where Germaine would be very useful and get Siggy out the door).

If that little lot happens snd the new boys all hit their straps, one can dare to dream of a top 6 finish.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This sounds like the end of today we'll have signed 4?

I don't know why, I really want us to sign George Hall.

No I don't know why either, terrible injury record. Avoid for me

This happens every year. We get linked what a bunch of players with 2 days to go, everyone is salivating at the prospects. Even old Baz is coughing up an extra £2 for the patreon to get a sniff of signings.

Tomorrow morning Nixon will say "busy day ahead won't be able to reply much", and then the links will fade away by 2pm.

Then we will all argue for 9 hours, and lose to Burnley.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ricceh said:

This happens every year. We get linked what a bunch of players with 2 days to go, everyone is salivating at the prospects. Even old Baz is coughing up an extra £2 for the patreon to get a sniff of signings.

Tomorrow morning Nixon will say "busy day ahead won't be able to reply much", and then the links will fade away by 2pm.

Then we will all argue for 9 hours, and lose to Burnley.

👏🏻😂

• Like 1