BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Problem with that (and we did try it) is he can't head or compete for the ball in the air which is an absolute requirement if you are in a back three.

Definitely was a weakness of his, although my increasingly unreliable memory was that he was getting better at it as time went on.

My thinking was that you could get away with having one of the three who wasn't dominant aerially if the other two were strong in that respect. And he's that quick that it allows the team to set higher line.

Maybe you're right though. He's just too one dimensional to be a success at this level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucimo said:

I guess we are gona be stuck with Pears for the foreseeable. Unless this Hungarian is some previously undiscovered worldie. 

If he's a previously undiscovered average Championship standard player who doesn't throw one in every five or six games, then he'll play for us before long. 

20 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I always though Nyambe was great defensively. Probably the best one on one defensive full back we had since the prem days. Very poor going forward though and really weak under a high ball. Id still have him though on the bench to shore us up defensively.

When we drop deep we struggle to stop opposition wingers getting to the byline or into the box.

Nyambe was very good at recovering a defensive problem, the trouble was it was usually his mistake that had caused the problem in the first place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Nyambe was very good at recovering a defensive problem, the trouble was it was usually his mistake that had caused the problem in the first place.

He was better than a free transfer though. The money we have  wasted.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, imy9 said:

Some details on Duberry from Wilshire- his coach at Arsenal:

“His super-strengths are his ball-carrying and ability to take people on. He’s an exciting footballer, but (has) loads to learn,” he says.

“Amario is very exciting and Mikel likes him,” Wilshere adds. “He reminds me of Bukayo Saka, plays in the same position as him, needs to get better with his decision-making like Bukayo did, but he’s definitely exciting.

“In some moments he’s unplayable. You give him the ball and he can make things happen. You can set up a team and have a game plan, but when you’ve got individuals like that you’ve got a chance.”

Is there any difference between dribbling and ball carrying? 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wow!

"Stole a wage?"

You never saw Gallagher "in action" for 5 years then?

I think you'd better ask them to turn your seat in Corporate  round to face the pitch for this season!

Didn’t you rate Gallagher, nah?

9 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I guess we are gona be stuck with Pears for the foreseeable. Unless this Hungarian is some previously undiscovered worldie. 

The Hungarian could be an undiscovered, "run of the mill ", and he would still be better than Pears.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

This happens every year. We get linked what a bunch of players with 2 days to go, everyone is salivating at the prospects. Even old Baz is coughing up an extra £2 for the patreon to get a sniff of signings.

Tomorrow morning Nixon will say "busy day ahead won't be able to reply much", and then the links will fade away by 2pm.

Then we will all argue for 9 hours, and lose to Burnley.

I’d imagine some days it’s only your sunny disposition that gets you through. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

In response to someone saying ‘3 for the week’

So 4 in total ‘by the end of today’ cos we’ve already signed 1 (Beck)

Basically subtract 1 from 4 and that’s numberwang. 

Yep, I see it now. 🙏🏽

We've been here before..Day before the deadline some exciting names pop up, everyone's discussing whether the big names will be in "addition to" or whether we will stop pursuing other links, whether they'll cause outgoings or not etc..lots of discussion on formations and styles of play.

And then....deadline day comes and everything falls apart bit by bit.

I really hope this isn't the case but once bitten twice shy

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

I’d imagine some days it’s only your sunny disposition that gets you through. 

Hahah, I am just trying to remove some of the seriousness, although most of the time I shout at the sun for being 37 degrees so please don't jokingly call me sunny.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Is there any difference between dribbling and ball carrying? 

A dribble takes you past a man or two. A ball carrier runs with ball, not necessarily beating a man. Just a guess. 

My favourite is ‘ball progressor’. That one makes we want to punch a wall. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's good going forward (2 assists already this year) but not quite as good defensively as you'd like your FB to be. That seems to be the modern game though.

Brittain is a really wing back playing as a full back in a back four. I haven’t seen most teams play recently but our two ( Brittain and Pickering ) must be the weakest pair of full backs in the league defensively. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brittain is a really wing back playing as a full back in a back four. I haven’t seen most teams play recently but our two ( Brittain and Pickering ) must be the weakest pair of full backs in the league defensively. 

Disagree on Pickering. He’s actually a good defender who is hampered by being one paced. 

• Like 1