BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

A dribble takes you past a man or two. A ball carrier runs with ball, not necessarily beating a man. Just a guess. 

My favourite is ‘ball progressor’. That one makes we want to punch a wall. 

Fair one, appreciate that! Just seemed like some unnecessary football jargon at first!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Remember that cup tie at Leicester ? We were cruising 3-0 up with JRC at right back, he had that Harvey Barnes is his pocket. We take JRC off and bring Brittain on and all of a sudden Barnes starts looking like prime Gareth Bale up against Brittain. We squeaked away with a 3-2 win.

Wasn’t it 2-1? 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bb1rover said:

We've been here before..Day before the deadline some exciting names pop up, everyone's discussing whether the big names will be in "addition to" or whether we will stop pursuing other links, whether they'll cause outgoings or not etc..lots of discussion on formations and styles of play.

And then....deadline day comes and everything falls apart bit by bit.

I really hope this isn't the case but once when repeatedly bitten twice then always shy

Fixed it for you.

Just now, Forever Blue said:

I’m here for that! They’ll probably blame Eustace for not having a good enough relationship with the player from his Brum days😉

What an absolutely useless c**t Eustace is! Can’t even get his mate to sign for us! 🤣

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It makes you wonder what the coach’s were doing. Nyambe lack of ability on the ball never changed in all the time he was here. He still couldn’t cross a good ball. Top one on one defender though. Name me a winger that gave him the run around ? 

Indeed. Although sometimes players just don't have it in them to add certain strings to their bow. For whatever reason, he definitely didn't get any more threatening, even in Mowbray's last season when he was ostensibly a wing back. 

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Yup, outbid by Oxford. Great, eh? 

Expecting a loan or no-one as the alternative.

We always knew the fee had to come down. I recon it was 2 million plus. 

I wouldn’t want to pay 2 million for Dembele.

• Like 1

Not disappointed in the slightest to miss out on Dembele and it speaks volumes that he has instead gone to Oxford. 

I know you can't always judge a player by who else is interested, but this is a battle that I'm happy that we lost. 

• Like 8

Just now, windymiller7 said:

Will we now go back in for Ryo with Dembele going to Oxford or does the new keeper screw that up with these ESC places?

There’s debate whether Siggy now qualifies without taking an ESC spot. 

It’s gone quiet on Ryo, not sure he’s a winger anyway. 

Looks like it’s the lad from Brighton who’s going to be the quick winger we need. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Gives us an extra year to solve the problem,  whilst having a better player for this year. 

Win-win

We've already had 2 years to solve the problem... who was the last pacey winger we had? Khadra? Who left after his loan and his pace was never replaced.

Now is the time to strike, with the money we've brought in - the longer we leave it, the more the money disappears.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

We always knew the fee had to come down. I recon it was 2 million plus. 

I wouldn’t want to pay 2 million for Dembele.

Whatever the fee was it should’ve been well within our reach following the money we’ve brought in.

I take the point that he’s a player who divides opinion, but still find it depressing that we have, when all is said and done, lost out on a player (who the Head Coach wanted) to Oxford United.

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Whatever the fee was it should’ve been well within our reach following the money we’ve brought in.

I take the point that he’s a player who divides opinion, but still find it depressing that we have, when all is said and done, lost out on a player (who the Head Coach wanted) to Oxford United.

It might be of been well within our reach but we (the club) decided we didn’t want to pay that. Oxford did pay it.

There wasn’t a decision for Dembele to make. If we had both been given permission to speak to him then you can say we lost out to Oxford.