BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If the internal arguments were Dembele or Germain, are we now signing the Japanese lad? 

Don't think Germain would be brought in as a winger. But maybe the Brighton kid instead, and wouldn't mind Rabbi too from Rangers if that deal isn't dead in the water.

11 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

We've already had 2 years to solve the problem... who was the last pacey winger we had? Khadra? Who left after his loan and his pace was never replaced.

Now is the time to strike, with the money we've brought in - the longer we leave it, the more the money disappears.

We clearly haven’t got the money, as we couldn’t match Brum’s valuation. Oxford could. 

Edited by Forever Blue

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to to games with a mate who was a City scout. From time to time he’d be scouting a full back. If the target didn’t have real pace we’d be back in the car and heading home just after half time. It was the first thing on his full back scout sheet.

Fully agree - pace for a full back is a prerequisite.  For centre backs not quite as key, look at the great Bobby Moore, the first couple of yards were in the head.

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Going back before your time but - the two Mikes. Ferguson , a tricky dribbler. Harrison, hard running and direct. A great pair of wingers. Maybe coming up to date. Duffer- a tricky dribbler. Ripley, a more direct ball carrier ? 

All four were terrific.  If Mike Harrison had had Fergies' heart and aggression, he would have been a world beater - football wise he had the lot and possibly the best penalty taker I have EVER seen.

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Remember that cup tie at Leicester ? We were cruising 3-0 up with JRC at right back, he had that Harvey Barnes is his pocket. We take JRC off and bring Brittain on and all of a sudden Barnes starts looking like prime Gareth Bale up against Brittain. We squeaked away with a 3-2 win.

Absolutely - think Brittain is a poor, cowardly defender, a total wuss who you wouldn't want in the trenches with you.

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It makes you wonder what the coach’s were doing. Nyambe lack of ability on the ball never changed in all the time he was here. He still couldn’t cross a good ball. Top one on one defender though. Name me a winger that gave him the run around ? 

The mind boggles on coaching and how they don't address a player's weakness.  When I played we used to have 'red sock' sessions where you wore a red sock on your 'weak' leg and then we'd have 15 minute 5 a sides where you were only allowed to use your weak 'red sock' leg.  They were rapid and intense where you saw plenty of the ball and it didn't half help.

Edited by Mercer

29 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He misjudges the  bounce of a ball a lot!

Any full back requires a modicum of pace.  Unless you are playing Rovers, you are likely up against the quickest player on the pitch. 

You can have all the positioning nous in the world but if that ball gets knocked past you, you've had it. 

No matter how  smart a defender you are there will be times when the opposing winger gets  past you. Lucky bounce of the ball - whatever. If you’re one paced,  it’s game over.

Same with tackling ability. Really smart full backs don’t dive in, but there’ll always come a time when it’s shit or bust and you’ve got to go in and win the ball.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We clearly haven’t got the money, as we couldn’t match Brum’s valuation. Oxford could. 

Not for me to defend Venkys or Wag but I reckon the recruitment team has said nah, not for that fee. And Oxford have stumped up. 

I know he has a couple of attributes we're crying out for but honestly think he would frustrate everyone here within a couple of games.

If there's a potential alternative lined up I'm happy to see him go to Oxford. 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Quite funny as this was only an hour ago. Nixon clearly not in the loop on Dembele so giving it the old ‘depends on money’ etc 

He can never say 'i don't know' can he.

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Lots of praise for Pickering from his manager. 

Colour me shocked. What’s he supposed to say ? Best game I saw him play was away at Leicester at the end of last season. That was when he played left centre back in a back five. He really looked the part then and his lack of real pace couldn’t be exposed.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 minutes ago, London blue said:

Not for me to defend Venkys or Wag but I reckon the recruitment team has said nah, not for that fee. And Oxford have stumped up. 

I know he has a couple of attributes we're crying out for but honestly think he would frustrate everyone here within a couple of games.

If there's a potential alternative lined up I'm happy to see him go to Oxford. 

Was reading an article earlier about Mowbrays time at Brum.

Dembele told him that he doesn’t like to run back as he likes to conserve energy for when he has the ball. Mowbray told him to have a re-think if he wanted to get in the team🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Colour me shocked. What’s he supposed to say ? Best game I saw him was away at Leicester at the end of last season. That was when he played left centre back in a back five. He really looked the part then and his lack of real pace couldn’t be exposed.

He didn’t have to say it at all. He chose to say it. Probably because he knows what a good player Pickering is. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Was reading an article earlier about Mowbrays time at Brum.

Dembele told him that he doesn’t like to run back as he likes to conserve energy for when he has the ball. Mowbray told him to have a re-think if he wanted to get in the team🤣

I read the same article, think Mog's answer was something like "that isn't going to work mate".

I've got some trust in Park, etc. that they've got someone in mind. How bloody naive am I?!

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He didn’t have to say it at all. He chose to say it. Probably because he knows what a good player Pickering is. 

Or reassuring him after Beck coming in.

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Believe medicals are done on two but no idea when they will announce , still the media stuff to be done 

Sod the media stuff, get the deals confirmed then do the media!!

I'm clearly too old for modern football ways...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Or reassuring him after Beck coming in.

Beck might be better. I’d hope so anyway, as it will only make the team better. 

The notion that Pickering is a bad un is just bollocks though. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 3

So instead of grabbing dembele when we could or even ryo (would be my choice for another CF) we are instead loaning a kid from Brighton to fix out winger issues? A kid that's never played mens senior football? Awesome stuff