BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

If i was an opposition manager i would be sticking my fastest player on Pickering and let him go to work, the poor guy can't run. Solid footballer. Growing up there were loads of great players and none of them made it due to pace.

Surprising Pickering has made it this far, as its a CHRONIC lack of pace.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

If i was an opposition manager i would be sticking my fastest player on Pickering and let him go to work, the poor guy can't run. Solid footballer. Growing up there were loads of great players and none of them made it due to pace.

And yet nobody rinses him. Funny that. Maybe there’s more to this defending lark than just pace. 

Jackson quoting JE just 8 minutes ago.

"There's nothing at the moment, the recruitment team are in discussions with a number of players and we'll have to see what happens,".

"I don't believe anyone is having a medical, that I'm aware of. I think the most important thing is that we get the right players in".

Worrying with just 32 hours or so to go before window closes.

• Like 4

Just now, Mercer said:

"There's nothing at the moment, the recruitment team are in discussions with a number of players and we'll have to see what happens,".

"I don't believe anyone is having a medical, that I'm aware of. I think the most important thing is that we get the right players in".

Very much sounds like he's keeping his cards close to his chest to me. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Hes had his side locked down so far this season against some quick players. When fully fit he uses his exceptional positioning and reading of the game to offset the lack of pace. Admittedly when returning from injury or not at 100% he can be more easily exposed. Technically very good too which seemingly goes unnoticed.

49 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

It might be of been well within our reach but we (the club) decided we didn’t want to pay that. Oxford did pay it.

There wasn’t a decision for Dembele to make. If we had both been given permission to speak to him then you can say we lost out to Oxford. 

That reads likes a club statement.

All well and good if we sign a decent alternative. History tells us we won’t. 

12 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So instead of grabbing dembele when we could or even ryo (would be my choice for another CF) we are instead loaning a kid from Brighton to fix out winger issues? A kid that's never played mens senior football? Awesome stuff 

He might be better than both?

• Like 1

Just now, London blue said:

Very much sounds like he's keeping his cards close to his chest to me. 

He could have said 'we are hopeful that a couple are close' - would have given nothing away but at least gives ground for some hope and optimism.

Nixon 'lost' on Dembele does raise question marks about the authenticity of his scribblings.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Slightly differs to the quote from the Rovers feed on X:

"It's important that we keep building on the fantastic group that we've got already. 

I think we're close but until I hear anything I can't say anything else. I know the club are working very hard to bring in some good players."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Can guarantee there is medicals today, Jackson is well off the pace 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

He can't be off the pace if he's directly quoting the manager. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

How can you guarantee that when Eustace has said there isn’t any medicals happening that he’s aware of?

Edited by Forever Blue

Eustace always downplays this stuff. I think he just wants to get on with his job, but as fans though we're so starved of any decent communication that we hang on every word, just want someone from the club to actually tell us what the hell is going on.

• Like 1