BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

What is Baker? CM? Can't say I'd ever even heard about him until we first got linked. 

Surely if Stoke are getting rid he must be shite?

Looking at his career just seems like a journeyman. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

What is Baker? CM? Can't say I'd ever even heard about him until we first got linked. 

After stokes transfer business buying both Ennis and Sam from us they aren’t exactly the blueprint of good business 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Quick look on their MB suggests that they're not bothered about him going, but they don't think he's awful.

By the sounds of it he knows where the goal is, takes a good free kick, seems technically pretty good but not especially energetic.

Laurent on the other hand, who appears to be on his way to our six-fingered friends down the road, doesn't have anyone saying a good thing about him. 

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Seems we’re spending some dough on a Baker…..in a position we knead cover.

Money's a bit tight so we're offering him a rolling contract.

Unless we can pull another rabbit out of the hat from the far yeast.

Don't forget to smash the old downvote button! I'm at looking for at least a baker's dozen.

Edited by goozburger
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Does seem a strange one when you  think that Cantwell and Baker look like similar players (unless there's a snag with Cantwell which I hope not )

Not similar players. Baker more an 8 id say. Cantwell a 10. Good different option in midfield Baker I would say

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Does seem a strange one when you  think that Cantwell and Baker look like similar players (unless there's a snag with Cantwell which I hope not )

I think (not certain) that Baker plays deeper than Cantwell. Cantwell will be playing behind Gueye I suspect, whereas Baker I think will be competing with Trav and Trondstad.

A lot of change this summer. If these signings get over the line fingers crossed they bed in quickly. Things are looking brighter. Could still mess up but rather be here now than 4-5 weeks ago

Edited by Rover1984

On 27/08/2024 at 10:30, RoversClitheroe said:

So state of play with 3 days (?) remaining.

1 x GK signing

1 x LB signed 

1 x CM signing

2 x LW/RW 1 x signing

1 x SS replacement - Signing

1 x ST

Which of these are we going to tick off? 

I'm going for 2.

ST and another wing needed and I'd say it's a decent window.

If we can bin off Hyam and replace him that would also be a plus.

• Like 1

Baker scored this goal at Ewood two years ago. Poor keeping from Kaminski to be honest.

This was the day after my wedding, watching this performance definitely sobered me up!

• Like 2

Baker coming in to be rotated with Travis and sonny I'm a bit fan of. I think jrc far better playing out wide and Buckley has never kicked on or shown signs of. Hoping this one going under the radar is a sign of things to come and a few more follow.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Not similar players. Baker more an 8 id say. Cantwell a 10. Good different option in midfield Baker I would say

Fair enough , always thought Baker was more a 10 but happy either way especially if we get both

5 minutes ago, Polky said:

Baker scored this goal at Ewood two years ago. Poor keeping from Kaminski to be honest.

This was the day after my wedding, watching this performance definitely sobered me up!

Was that him taking the free kick at the beginning of the video too? 

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Permanent signings cough cough, left winger cough. 

Not happening I don't think 😔

3 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Baker coming in to be rotated with Travis and sonny I'm a bit fan of. I think jrc far better playing out wide and Buckley has never kicked on or shown signs of. Hoping this one going under the radar is a sign of things to come and a few more follow.

JRC has looked ineffective out wide, much better RB.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Busy day planned at Brockhall tomorrow it seems 📸  all academy football cancelled 

I joked that they must outsource the media team, which is why 6 signings in 24hrs were done in July. Now getting them in for a 18-hour contract on deadline day. Why pay an annual salary for media when it can all be done in 2 days. 🤣

• Like 1