BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

on the cantwell move,we`ve been here in this situation before,yall know what happens next🤬

Are we using him as bait to lure Wigan into letting Aasgard leave on the cheap? 

We need some announcements before late tomorrow or I will become a nervous wreck. 

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Who are the ESC spots taken up by? Ohashi, Siggy and Mofoumbi? 

Which means there’s 1 spare. 

Does this new GK qualify without using an ESC spot?

The new keeper does take a spot, bizarrely Siggy is an email away from not doing so but we are wrestling the computer again. 

Its a big if, and it wouldnt surprise me if at least one deal fell away at the end, then it would make the squad look much stronger than at the start of the week.

It still shouldnt take away from the fact that the owners will have spent about £2-2.5m of £40m even if it turns out that the recruitment is as good as it possibly can be under those conditions.

There are still question marks, we still would be short at centre back and its a big risk for this keeper who has to be number 1 otherwise we are already at a huge handicap. Our team also seems quite lethargic with the likes of Baker and Cantwell not aiding that, as much as they do bring other qualities.

This lad from Brighton could be a key addition but perhaps the one that is at most risk of falling away. He would give us a bit of pace that we otherwise are desperately lacking. Has there been any more on that deal?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a big if, and it wouldnt surprise me if at least one deal fell away at the end, then it would make the squad look much stronger than at the start of the week.

It still shouldnt take away from the fact that the owners will have spent about £2-2.5m of £40m even if it turns out that the recruitment is as good as it possibly can be under those conditions.

There are still question marks, we still would be short at centre back and its a big risk for this keeper who has to be number 1 otherwise we are already at a huge handicap. Our team also seems quite lethargic with the likes of Baker and Cantwell not aiding that, as much as they do bring other qualities.

This lad from Brighton could be a key addition but perhaps the one that is at most risk of falling away. He would give us a bit of pace that we otherwise are desperately lacking. Has there been any more on that deal?

Without Duberry we look a lump off a team.
Still feel like we need another player who can get us of our seat - A surprise permanent from abroad would be great.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

I’ve booked the last two transfer deadline days off because I knew we’d be doing business very late. I’ve booked tomorrow off over a month ago because I knew we’d be doing the same.

Late heartbreak incoming, I fear, but hoping for the best

• Like 3

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The boards favourite ITK is chancing his arm on another exclusive.

Wow what a prediction, there’s no way anyone could have expected this 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Baker, Cantwell, Brighton winger and Toth plus the other 4 signings, we have added experience to the squad but also the squad is bigger and more quality. Toth is unknown granted. 

I would like one more centre back in before the deadline ideally 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Nicko has said it is progressing well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Baker, Cantwell, Brighton winger and Toth plus the other 4 signings, we have added experience to the squad but also the squad is bigger and more quality. Toth is unknown granted. 

I would like one more centre back in before the deadline ideally 

Nicko has said it is progressing well. 

Still need permanent winger and a forward - especially with Vale going. 

Looks like we are adding some more  technical players in Baker/Cantwell but not the pace/power/resilience that we were told we needed. 

• Like 3

Germain looks highly doubtful now as they had the deal ready to go but once they changed the goalkeeper target from British to Foreign then Germain was unfortunately the odd one out …

also even if Siggy went last minute Japan 🇯🇵 is just too far away to get the deal over the line now ..Abroad transfers would be highly unlikely unless they passed work permit rules now … feel for the lad … but at least he’s sat at home unlike the Stoke lad who’s been here for over 12 days in a hotel …. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Germain looks highly doubtful now as they had the deal ready to go but once they changed the goalkeeper target from British to Foreign then Germain was unfortunately the odd one out …

also even if Siggy went last minute Japan 🇯🇵 is just too far away to get the deal over the line now ..Abroad transfers would be highly unlikely unless they passed work permit rules now … feel for the lad … but at least he’s sat at home unlike the Stoke lad who’s been here for over 12 days in a hotel …. 

Baker come on as a sub on Saturday for Stoke?

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Is there a reason the club haven’t applied to change Siggy to a non ESC player?

• Like 1

Anyone else getting nervous all these deals are gonna fall apart?! All apparently are very close to being done deals! We've been here before though.

We get Baker, Duberry, Cantwell, and Toth in then we've had our best window for a long, long time. We'd be genuine top 6 contenders given the league is weak this year. 

If we can add a pacy left winger too then that would a bonus but I'd be very happy with the four above. 

Edited by rovers11

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Baker?

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chance of a surprise or 2? 

Desperately need a CM and LW, potentially another ST?