BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Severance pay from rangers and bonuses I believe , however it’s minor , expected to go through tomorrow morning 

on the eve , here is what I believe the current state of play

i think the keeper is announced tonight 

cantwell and baker before lunch tomorrow 

the premier league winger is the one that’s going to keep us sweating, the Brighton lad is the one with the most progress but there is at least 2 others with contact to fall back on- all loans

there is also tentative enquiries with a defender but that’s way down the list and very much if the budget stretches 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No cos he wore 14 all his Norwich career.

However I heard this afternoon he is a bit of a cleanliness freak and insists on only wearing a new shirt every match. He’s done it all his career. Apparently we haven’t enough stock of adult shirts for that to happen until October, so the deal is on hold unless we can get a few more.

I heard he only eats the French McDonald's menu, so they've having to ship a bunch over from Paris, which is what the Venkys budget adjusted approval is needed for

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@Scoobydo any update on TC?

None, I haven’t asked for any. Think it was just a case of his mate passing on that he’d had the meetings with Waggot etc… knowing we were both Rovers fans. If it’s anything Rovers side or anything nitty gritty I doubt the lad would know. Sorry to disappoint 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just heard that when he gets his own spot in the dressing room,he wants polo mints arranged in his intials t.c and no one can speak to him first,he has to be the one to start the conversation,minions like benson and lowe are not allowed in his presence

That sounds reasonable.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's the difference. Raya had a clanger or 2 in him but he could also pull off unbelievable saves that won points in other games. 

Pears has cost us plenty of points. Can't think of any game where I've thought, Pears single handedly kept us in it. 

Maybe Leeds away last season ?

• Like 1

Where has it been officially stated that Cantwell is delaying over a number.

Delaying getting away from a club he desperately wants out of over a number that is only likely to be approved.

His wanting a plaque by his dressing room seat saying " I'm the big fish in a fucking small pond" is causing more of an issue.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

The lack of urgency with these higher ups frustrates the life out of me.

We need bodies in for Saturday and they drag things out so much. Surely we move the slowest at dealing with transfers in the Football league?

There's no way any of our signings (besides Beck, and he'll only play due to Pickering being injured) were ever tagged to start on Saturday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Severance pay from rangers and bonuses I believe , however it’s minor , expected to go through tomorrow morning 

the premier league winger is the one that’s going to keep us sweating, the Brighton lad is the one with the most progress but there is at least 2 others with contact to fall back on- all loans

there is also tentative enquiries with a defender but that’s way down the list and very much if the budget stretches 

Didn't he hand in a transfer request at Rangers? He won't be getting a loyalty bonus.

Shame we're relying on a loan (that we might not get) to provide the pace and width we're desperate for. Realistically he should be the cherry on top and we should have bought our own - two quick wide players would revolutionise our attack. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

There's no way any of our signings (besides Beck, and he'll only play due to Pickering being injured) were ever tagged to start on Saturday. 

Yeah, Eustace will know what the team will be now barring Pickering. Even if Pickering is out I’d be surprised if Beck plays. The new guys maybe on the bench.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Options from the bench, if Pears pulled up I'd rather it was the new goalkeeper than Hilton coming on.

Weimann hadn't trained much leading up to the Derby game and set us on our way to 3 points 

There should be a big urgency to get deals done before the cut off tomorrow 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yeah, I agree but would be nice to get the players we do bring in on the bench.

Even for a cameo, a player of Cantwell’s quality could be pivotal against Burnley

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Didn't he hand in a transfer request at Rangers? He won't be getting a loyalty bonus.

Shame we're relying on a loan (that we might not get) to provide the pace and width we're desperate for. Realistically he should be the cherry on top and we should have bought our own - two quick wide players would revolutionise our attack. 

Exactly this.  It's the pace and width we lack. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Looks like there is no budget, no money spent this window at all

This is a fair point being overlooked by the fact that we sold Sam Gallagher, Szmodics and have loaned out quite a few... Only about 1.5 million spent and we were told there was a budget before any sales of those 2. The likes of Poku should have been signed given our sales. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 8

16 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I wonder whether there will be a last minute sale.

Im surprised Weimann isnt talked about much. For me, his signing was a great addition. You add Cantwell and Baker with Trondstad, and thats a solid 4, either playing together, or a combination at any point during the game. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

This is a fair point being overlooked by the fact that we sold Sam Gallagher, Szmodics and l have loaned out quite a few... Only about 1.5 million spent and we were told there was a budget before any sales of those 2. The likes of Poku should have been signed given our sales. 

Yup, no real investment in the team as we expected. 

No young talent purchased to develop etc. 

• Like 3

GK: Tóth, Pears

LB: Pickering, Beck 

LCB: Hyam, Baath, Wharton*

RCB: Carter, McFadzean 

RB: Brittain, Duru

CDM: Tronstad, Travis**

CM: Baker, Buckley 

LW: Sigurdsson, Hedges,

CAM: Cantwell, Dolan

RW: JRC, Cozier-Duberry, Weimann

S: Gueye, Ohashi

Thats about the size of it, bold being new additions.

**Travis only listed behind Sondre as he is our only backup holding midfielder, even though he is a "starter" currently.**

That's only 23 (fit) players. More would certainly be needed, probably CB and CM as you usually want 5 capable players there.

Gilsenan, Leonard, Tyjon, Hilton and Atcheson all knocking around/injured. Duru may be a generous acknowledgement.

JRC is probably back up for 6 positions which helps, and there is fluidity up top as all (bar Gueye) can play multiple.

Better than I ever hoped back in July. But is it enough?

• Like 3