BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Backroom
34 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's the difference. Raya had a clanger or 2 in him but he could also pull off unbelievable saves that won points in other games. 

Pears has cost us plenty of points. Can't think of any game where I've thought, Pears single handedly kept us in it. 

He stopped us going 2-0 down in the first 5 mins of the Leicester FA Cup game.

Cantwell is going to be our very own Jamie Tartt. 

Apparently he insists on a packet of skittles, with the green ones taken out as part of his win bonus.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, I'm not a fan of the green ones either...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Im surprised Weimann isnt talked about much. For me, his signing was a great addition. You add Cantwell and Baker with Trondstad, and thats a solid 4, either playing together, or a combination at any point during the game. 

Weimann's a very tidy, clever player - but he's not a game breaker. A wonderful option to bring off the bench and start a few games though, and the type of player the teams contending for the Playoffs have on their bench. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Cantwell is going to be our very own Jamie Tartt. 

Apparently he insists on a packet of skittles, with the green ones taken out as part of his win bonus.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, I'm not a fan of the green ones either...

Do do do, dodododododo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not sure those four make us anywhere near a top 6 side.  

If the GK turns out to be good then I think those 4 get us very close to top 6 if we stay relatively injury free.

We have added lots of championship experience; some potential match winners in Ohashi, Cantwell, and Duberry; and a strong presence up top in Gueye. 

The championship is really weak this season so you don't need to be that great to do well.

BUT none of those 4 players have signed yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Another quick wide player, a CB and a CF short. You could also easily get rid of Dolan / Sigurdsson to make up the number financially. 

Yeah in an ideal world if you  could get one of them off the books and and add another quick winger that would be perfect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Another quick wide player, a CB and a CF short. You could also easily get rid of Dolan / Sigurdsson to make up the number financially. 

Will be extremely frustrating if we loose Siggy for free next year…A player where I think we can easily get over a million for…Might be one for January.

Just now, Ricceh said:

Do do do, dodododododo.

Slight tangent, but years before watching Ted Lasso came up with that I thought that Baby Shark had bags of potential for football songs.

There's a parallel universe where 'Bradley Dack, do do, do do do' was a staple on the Blackburn end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

If the GK turns out to be good then I think those 4 get us very close to top 6 if we stay relatively injury free.

We have added lots of championship experience; some potential match winners in Ohashi, Cantwell, and Duberry; and a strong presence up top in Gueye. 

The championship is really weak this season so you don't need to be that great to do well.

BUT none of those 4 players have signed yet.

A good Championship GK alone has you lower mid-table with the squad we currently have - although it wouldn't be pretty any time we had a run of injuries. 

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Will be extremely frustrating if we loose Siggy for free next year…A player where I think we can easily get over a million for…Might be one for January.

I don't think he's done his cause any favours in the last 12 months. Can't imagine there's many willing to pay a fee for him at the moment. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Slight tangent, but years before watching Ted Lasso came up with that I thought that Baby Shark had bags of potential for football songs.

There's a parallel universe where 'Bradley Dack, do do, do do do' was a staple on the Blackburn end.

That got sung for Billy Sharp in the US. It’s as big a missed chanting opportunity as ‘Take us home, Jordan Rhodes’ was for us.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

i think he`s wasted out wide,his lack of pace just sees him come inside and lay it off,he`s far more effective in the middle,great finisher and has a good first touch,be good behind a centre forward but we don`t play that way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think he's done his cause any favours in the last 12 months. Can't imagine there's many willing to pay a fee for him at the moment. 

In England no but I can easily see a European club paying for him…He’s still making the Icelandic squad…He has value irrespective of form.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

What are you doing on that site Hasta? Please don't infect this with that shite.

Hope you've sanitised the PC 👍

I know. Even Gary Glitter clears all evidence off his PC of ever visiting that site.

• Like 2