BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I told you eustace was throwing out the red herrings earlier. Although my understanding was the keeper and cantwell have also completed medicals, some red tape to be completed in the morning and expect them both to be announced before lunchtime 

that and pushing the correct button. 

35 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Feel a bit sorry for Jackson at the LT. Never really seems in the loop. Only an hour or two ago he said the only signing close was the keeper and no other medicals had been completed. He was even in the building to interview Eustace and they didn’t tell him.

He might be told to keep schtum in case it fell through and they were left looking stupid again.

Baker should be a good signing on the face of it, if he's bringing goals and set pieces to the party, all the better.

Be very interesting to see how Eustace handles central midfield now. None of Tronstad, Travis or Baker will be happy sat on the bench and Buckley might aswell forget any ambitions of playing league football for us.

Baker was clearly JE's man and he's going to want to play him.

Tronstad can't be dropped and Travis is captain. JE has a big task keeping all 3 happy.

Edited by davulsukur

Also what Eustace said was there were no medicals happening ‘now’ that he was aware of. 

im guessing quite a few had already been done by the time of the presser or were planned for later today.

i think eustace was quite clever with his answer.

11 minutes ago, rover23 said:

You need to check your maths here eh… 

Was supposed to say 18 in 87, which would be 4.8. I believe I reference it as "18" further down the same post. But kudos for being pedantic. 

Edited by Angry_Pirate

Our squad is still paper thin but with the expected incomings it does at least look like we might start the season with more than one player in every position and there was a point I was not sure we were going to clear that low, low bar

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Baker should be a good signing on the face of it, if he's bringing goals and set pieces to the party, all the better.

Be very interesting to see how Eustace handles central midfield now. None of Tronstad, Travis or Baker will be happy sat on the bench and Buckley might aswell forget any ambitions of playing league football for us.

Baker was clearly JE's man and he's going to want to play him.

Tronstad can't be dropped and Travis is captain. JE has a big ask keeping all e happy.

squad game these days innit,especially in the championship

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson had the red tape, others had the medicals. You might well be ITK, I’m just saying there’s nothing you said that couldn’t have been guessed.

Believe it, don’t believe it I don’t really care mate. I’m not as well connected as I used to be but I still have the odd tidbit of information sent my way. I was the first to break cantwell as a target if you look back 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

squad game these days innit,especially in the championship

Yep, could easily get one of the bench CMs 30 mins a week on a single match week. You'd be looking for all four of them to start (or all get game time) on a double match week, which come along very frequently in the Championship.

I still think Bucko goes tomorrow. Wanted game time under JDT and didn’t so asked for a move. Didn’t get many minutes last season specially with his injury at the end. Played bit part so far this season and with the youth squad most pre season games. Can’t see his mentality from starting games changing 

Baker is a decent enough signing. We need an extra player in midfield and he has shown quality (albeit inconsistently) at this level. He can score goals and take a good set piece.

He isnt the most athletic though in what is already not the most athletic team and I am not sure how he would slot in a midfield 2 unless its beside Tronstad as he isnt the best defensively.

Cantwell and Cozier-Duberry feel like the most likely to not get over the line and either deal collapsing would be a third window last gasp embarassment and would really change the narrative around a potentially decent window considering the owners negligence.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1