BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Will be extremely frustrating if we loose Siggy for free next year…A player where I think we can easily get over a million for…Might be one for January.

We will be getting a lot less for him in January than we would now. With 6 months on his deal he can sign a pre-contract. A club would only pay for him if they don't want to wait and get a guaranteed freebie. Only a foreign club can do the pre-contract I believe, but I'd say going abroad is by far his most likely destination.

Sitting here on this transfer eve, if we manage to bring in the hungry keeper, Cantwell on a permanent and Cozier-Duberry I will be thrilled. The overall squad would be much stronger than last year. Gilsenan and Leonard will be back at the end of sept too.
Don’t really care about how much we spend, I care about watching quality on the field.

My deadline day surprise is that someone comes in for Dolan, maybe a Birmingham City and then we get another forward player in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Sitting here on this transfer eve, if we manage to bring in the hungry keeper, Cantwell on a permanent and Cozier-Duberry I will be thrilled. The overall squad would be much stronger than last year. Gilsenan and Leonard will be back at the end of sept too.
Don’t really care about how much we spend, I care about watching quality on the field.

My deadline day surprise is that someone comes in for Dolan, maybe a Birmingham City and then we get another forward player in.

Hand him the menu 

• Like 5

If we do get the speedy left winger in on sent button day, the irony will be he will be the only player in the squad who doesn't have a covering replacement.

I am going on the assumption that Toth posing with a Rovers fan and his nephew in a Facebook photo probably means his agent supplied a back up fax machine.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Come on guys. You expecting someone to be signed at 5am? 

Not sure they were being entirely serious....

Toth will be unveiled around 9am I reckon, they'll just need to polish up the video for twitter as it was getting late last night.

• Like 1

My prediction for today GK , Cantwell and a winger , hopefully the Brighton lad … a couple of exits on loan , maybe one of the GK’s and maybe one from the first team which comes out of the blue , with Vale gone I think another CF may be required possibly a cheap low level signing from Championship or League one 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

when’s Leonard expected to be back? 

If it's a genuine back injury he'll probably never be back properly.

Imagine he will drift down the leagues like Butterworth.

Still think we're desperate for a center half, can't have McFadzean and Batth as our only cover there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, alexanders said:

when’s Leonard expected to be back? 

If it's a recurring back injury I doubt ever to be perfectly honest. 

Which is a damned shame, he was starting to prove himself more useful than Gallagher in front of goal and was much more likely to establish himself at this level than Vale ever was.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, callumrovers said:

I wonder if we go back in for Liam Cooper now his deal with Hull has fallen through?

If Cantwell goes through then doubt we’ll be paying another set of high wages…Then again, with it being deadline day, he may have no other choice.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

10 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

If it's a recurring back injury I doubt ever to be perfectly honest. 

Which is a damned shame, he was starting to prove himself more useful than Gallagher in front of goal and was much more likely to establish himself at this level than Vale ever was.

He's got a dislocated shoulder, he returned from his back injury during the summer.