BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

For me, we need another centre back, only 4 options and McFadzean can only play in back 5. 

We like at least 4 more players in, Toth, Cantwell,.Brighton winger and another CB. 

44 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Siggy must be on decent wages seeing as clubs have come in then not followed up … Him & JRC look so heavy legged … it’s like they are running in trickle ….
Buckley is another that has fallen even further down the pecking order now Baker is in also as 2 new wingers are incoming …and JRC can play in that position too …No interest in him too up to now …..

They were hoping to move them on … 

Any names for the other winger? 

42 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Bucko sure is om front Of JRC in that position. He is vice captain. Can’t be that eager to get rid. 

Not sure Buckley is vice Captain tbh. I would wait until Travis is unavailable as Captain to see Eustace cos we got 4 options for. Hyam, Pickering, Baker and Hedges. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, we need another centre back, only 4 options and McFadzean can only play in back 5. 

We like at least 4 more players in, Toth, Cantwell,.Brighton winger and another CB. 

Any names for the other winger? 

Not sure Buckley is vice Captain tbh. I would wait until Travis is unavailable as Captain to see Eustace cos we got 4 options for. Hyam, Pickering, Baker and Hedges. 

Not worried about a forward Chaddy? 

Ohashi doesn't seem to be able to hold the ball up. He's also played half a season so at some stage he's going to need a prolonged rest or pick up a knock. Then factor in he'll hit a barren patch at some stage.  Where will the goals come from?

Vale has gone

Leonard is injury plagued 

Lets not even discuss Dolan as a forward option. 

Which only leaves Gueye who I really like like. He gets injured and we struggle massively.

49 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Dream end to window

Tóth 

James hill

Cantwell

Cozier-dubarry

Another winger with pace 

Striker with pace 

Out

Dolan

Vale

Leonard loan

Gilsennen loan

Duru loan

Absolutely spot on. Apart from the Hill part, which seems fanciful. The rest of it is entirely plausible and the club should work towards happening.

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I don't want another loan on the wing?

Dolan leaving end of this year too, so we'll not have any left wings next year?

It's such short sightedness.

If today goes as planned, that will be 8 first team squad members leaving next summer.

Short sighted window, from a short sighted club.

Although could be argued a lot about football is short term these days.

• Like 2

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

If today goes as planned, that will be 8 first team squad members leaving next summer.

Short sighted window, from a short sighted club.

Although could be argued a lot about football is short term these days.

Who are the 8 outgoings?

Dolan

Siggy?

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Siggy must be on decent wages seeing as clubs have come in then not followed up … Him & JRC look so heavy legged … it’s like they are running in trickle ….
Buckley is another that has fallen even further down the pecking order now Baker is in also as 2 new wingers are incoming …and JRC can play in that position too …No interest in him too up to now …..

They were hoping to move them on … 

They were hoping to move who on?

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Who are the 8 outgoings?

Dolan

Siggy?

Dolan, Siggy, McFadzean, Batth, Weimann, Beck, Baker, plus whatever loans they get over the line today.

Could argue we get our loanees back too I suppose.

Siggy and Dolan's contracts both expire at the end of the season.

If we get a left-winger on loan, they'll also be gone at the end of the season - leaving us with no left-wingers.

If they have a brain between them, they need to dig deep and buy a fucking left-winger.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 8

I hope im wrong, but does anyone else get the feeling the cantwell deal will break down and he goes somewhere else in the championship? 

I can see us getting the keeper, a random winger nobody has ever seen apart from youtube videos without a single mens  appearance, and then a random free bee at 9:30pm. 

Either way a keeper and a pacey winger is a must. But like someone else on here said, I do worry if gueye gets injured. I wouldn't mind an old has been with a proven track record as backup on the cheap, someone that can hold it up win headers and pop up in the box when needed. 

Need 3 more in at a min IMO for this to be an alright window, we aren't far off a better squad than last season, Yes Szmods scored goals, but all round we have better quality in terms of depth compared to last year. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ricky said:

If it’s a call between pace up front and another CB I’d have to go with a forward. If we can get both then fine. 

Exactly that. An injury to this Brighton lad (should he come) then we're back to having a team full of players who run through treacle. A couple of pacey options and we'll be a real threat with the likes of Gueye, Ohashi and Cantwell in and around them.