BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Siggy and Dolan's contracts both expire at the end of the season.

If we get a left-winger on loan, they'll also be gone at the end of the season - leaving us with no left-wingers.

If they have a brain between them, they need to dig deep and buy a fucking left-winger.

I understand it, but honestly, I’m past worrying about next season. If Coziol Duberry and another Loanee turn up today and carry us to the playoffs and into the PL, then we can deal with that problem next season.

Ideally, I’d like all our best players on long contracts, but I’d prefer we have a top player for a year than an average one for 3.

Now Rudy, go get us Ben Doak, Coziol-Duberry and Cantwell…sit them behind Gueye, and ANNOUNCE automatic promotion! 🤣

• Like 1

Woke up to the news we've signed Baker on loan. That's a really good deal given he's out of contract next summer, so he's basically playing for a long term deal, with more championship experience added to the squad as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Buckley moved on late in the day now.

Rovers have generally surprised me this summer with their transfers as it feels like a big improvement compared to last year. Time will tell though...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

The FFP charges are gonna hit like crack.

There are no restrictions on what you can spend on transfer fees in L1 and L2. 

The only FFP rule as such is you can’t spend more than 60% of turnover on wages. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

I can see us getting the keeper, a random winger nobody has ever seen apart from youtube videos without a single mens  appearance, and then a random free bee at 9:30pm. 

Past experience means I am setting my expectations based on this exact scenario.  Then anything else is a bonus and my day isn't ruined.

• Like 2

Just now, Forever Blue said:

There are no restrictions on transfer fees on L1 and L2. 

The only FFP rule as such is you can’t spend more than 60% of turnover on wages. 

Fair enough!

Whatever the case, I hope they get in very big trouble somehow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Fair enough!

Whatever the case, I hope they get in very big trouble somehow.

Once they come back up, they will have to factor this year (assuming they come up at the first attempt) into their 3 year FFP cycle, having spent a shed load in year 1, so yes, they will be

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Blackburn Rovers are trying to sign Fulham’s flying winger Martial Godo on loan.

Godo is seen as the perfect alternative to Siriki Dembele who joined Oxford instead. He could sign before the close of business.

The quick wide man was on loan at Wigan last season and looks capable of a step up to the Championship.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

There are no restrictions on what you can spend on transfer fees in L1 and L2. 

It still bites them when they come back up. They’ll need to get promoted at the first attempt for it not to be an issue. There’s an interesting podcast somewhere about Ipswich which was saying they would have been in trouble with FFP had they not got promoted last season. 

Big gamble for Brum.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Once they come back up, they will be at lest one year (assuming they come up at the first attempt) into the 3 year FFP cycle, having spent a shed loan in year 1, so yes, they will be

‘Shed loan’ sounds like something Waggott would try to negotiate with B&Q. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No idea if this Godo is any good but it's an absolute joke we can't spend on a significant fee for anyone.Is there another championship club that seemingly can't pay over a million for anyone?

40+ million brought in for loans and cheap buys 

No dig at Eustace or recruitment clearly doing their best with a woeful budget, no doubt waggott will be waxing lyrical over the owners when the window shuts

Sadly there’s no accountability at Rovers as nobody asks them the obvious questions. The local journo doesn’t and neither do any other groups. or if they do the club just ignore it. 

Edited by Forever Blue

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No idea if this Godo is any good but it's an absolute joke we can't spend on a significant fee for anyone.Is there another championship club that seemingly can't pay over a million for anyone?

40+ million brought in for loans and cheap buys 

No dig at Eustace or recruitment clearly doing their best with a woeful budget, no doubt waggott will be waxing lyrical over the owners when the window shuts

It's actually a piss-take, we've missed out on some decent wingers for less that a million too... Topi Keskinen and Siriki Dembele for example.