BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

My bet on today's puns.

"Who's Hungary for another signing" - Balázs Tóth 

"We Cant well wait to share our next signing" - Todd Cantwell

"Get Cozy, another incoming" - Cozier-Duberry 

"Oh God, one more" - Martial Godo

Bosh! Martial arte et labore

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

My bet on today's puns.

I think you can claim a moral victory for the first one

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

My bet on today's puns.

1/4

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not worried about a forward Chaddy? 

Ohashi doesn't seem to be able to hold the ball up. He's also played half a season so at some stage he's going to need a prolonged rest or pick up a knock. Then factor in he'll hit a barren patch at some stage.  Where will the goals come from?

Vale has gone

Leonard is injury plagued 

Lets not even discuss Dolan as a forward option. 

Which only leaves Gueye who I really like like. He gets injured and we struggle massively.

I think defence is more of issue then up front, We got 3 different options up front. Yuki, Gueye and Leonard. 

Might all depends on Leonard and how he will recover from the last injury

31 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Blackburn Rovers are trying to sign Fulham’s flying winger Martial Godo on loan.

Godo is seen as the perfect alternative to Siriki Dembele who joined Oxford instead. He could sign before the close of business.

The quick wide man was on loan at Wigan last season and looks capable of a step up to the Championship.

Godo's youtube highlights Martial Godo ● Left/Right Winger ● Fulham FC ( on loan at Wigan Athletic ) ● Highlights (youtube.com)

11 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson saying JE wanted Dembele but others on transfer committee didn’t so it didn’t happen.

JE also wanted Baker, transfer committee agreed so it happened.

Be interesting to know why the committee didn’t want Dembele

Others on the transfer committee think there is better quality out there than Dembele in terms of cost, wages, length of contract

Apparently Cantwell's medical has taken/is taking place this morning (as reported by Raman Bhardwaj); so I expect it will be Tóth initially followed by Cantwell.

Hopefully they can get these two wingers in too to add a bit of pace, anyone reckon we can expect anything more after that??

Edited by AVE1875
  • Like 1

Gotta 🙏 this guy is better than Pears. 

He looked proper ropey on Crosses in a few videos someone posted on here a few days back.

He's not a championship experienced keeper and it just feels like the shirt will still be Pears to lose, rather than someone coming in to take his place immediately, which is what we needed.

Anyway, let's hope he's good and between the sticks sooner rather than later.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Anybody know any Latics fans to see what they thought of him ?

Work colleague follows them around. Says he can pick a pass or cross, but only once he's finished with his stepovers.

Apparently loads of fans raved about him last season, his personal view is that he couldn't see it (thinks he's too greedy). Might be decent with better players around him.

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

Remember when Eustace said the squad isn't in need of major surgery??

All full team of signings later... 😂

We'll wait and see if he turns out to be a success or not, but he's a canny media operator is Eustace.

All sweetness and light in front of a camera without saying anything of substance or giving anything away, but you can tell he'll be completely different behind closed doors. 

from Jackson

Rovers were the club that bid for Thelo Aasgaard too. However, the two clubs were miles apart on the valuation and nothing is expected to come of that.

A bit more context on this one too. Eustace very much liked Dembele and wanted him. But others in the recruitment team had reservations. That happens, it's a committee. Eustace has also pushed for Baker and he's signed. Understand Oxford paid around 800K for Dembele's services.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

Just now, TugaysMarlboro said:

Work colleague follows them around. Says he can pick a pass or cross, but only once he's finished with his stepovers.

Apparently loads of fans raved about him last season, his personal view is that he couldn't see it (thinks he's too greedy). Might be decent with better players around him.

Just watched his YouTube highlights and think your mate is accurate. Loves a step over, good crosser of a ball, not that quick, but can keep possession well. 

I think he looks like he could be a good signing

It's another leftfield signing from the new recruitment team to go along with Gueye and Ohashi, but we have to be hopeful that Toth is an upgrade on Pears. Unfortunately it looks like we'll be stuck with Pears in goal for the Burnley game.

I have to say, so far this summer the new recruitment team have ticked all the boxes for me. If all other potential transfers come off today then Rovers 'should' be nowhere near the bottom of the table.

• Like 1