BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Keeper is a real massive punt. Hes got great stats but playing in a poor league. It's really strange that after getting so burnt by Leo that we have gone a similar route again.

With Eustace being after Ruddy and other experienced keepers all window I really wonder if he wanted this one.

Very odd to me. Hope it works out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Not if we’re only signing people on loan.

Lets who we sign or not. We might not sign the Brighton player but the Fulham player instead then a striker on a perm deal, who knows, 12 hours and 31 mins to go to the deadline 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Lets who we sign or not. We might not sign the Brighton player but the Fulham player instead then a striker on a perm deal, who knows, 12 hours and 31 mins to go to the deadline 

What Fulham player? We’re on about wingers - you said we had better options than Dembele who we’re going to sign on longer contracts. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think it's clear that isn't going to happen.

For me, Dembele for 800k is a better move than two young kids on loan.

We wouldn't pay for Dembele and Cantwell is my guess, which is ridiculous.

Pleased that we didn't pay over the odds for Aasgaard. Would have taken a punt on him but he he doesn't strike me as what we need, especially if we can get Cantwell for a similar overall package.

2 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

If all deals today get done how far off the squad are we which we had under Bowyer? 

Personally, I think miles away. But that's more to do with how good our squad was under Bowyer in retrospect. An absolute sin that we didn't get in the play offs at least with that squad. 

I think if today goes well, we're looking at a comfortable midtable side on paper who with a fair wind could make a play off push. Which you have to say is a success vs where we were. 

Why are fans enthused by the Baker signing? I've been looking on the Stoke fans website and they're not bothered that he's gone. It's like us selling them Gallagher

We're signing a lad who can't in the Stoke team - I know Eustace likes him but is he really going to improve the Rovers team? 

As it stands,in recent days we've signed an unproven keeper who may or may not be better than Pears, an unwanted Stoke 29-year-old and a youngster from Liverpool who is unlikely to displace Pickering 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Why are fans enthused by the Baker signing? I've been looking on the Stoke fans website and they're not bothered that he's gone. It's like us selling them Gallagher

We're signing a lad who can't in the Stoke team - I know Eustace likes him but is he really going to improve the Rovers team? 

As it stands,in recent days we've signed an unproven keeper who may or may not be better than Pears, an unwanted Stoke 29-year-old and a youngster from Liverpool who is unlikely to displace Pickering 

He can’t get into the Stoke team based on how they play it would be similar to JDT style with us so doubtful we would have went for him under JDT 

we play differently he is a very good player on his day great a set pieces scores a lot from outside the box and given it’s a loan (then free in summer) it’s an excellent addition and competition in the middle 

don’t go off fans opinions as you’ve seen in here one fan says one thing about a player the next fan says the opposite 

• Like 2

On the face of it, it seems like it’s going to be a decent window. 

My main concern is that despite bringing in £35m+ we’re going to finish up the window having spent circa £3.5m. A tenth of what we have brought in. 

We also haven’t signed any saleable assets. Apart from Carter, where’s the next big pay day coming from? 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think it's clear that isn't going to happen.

For me, Dembele for 800k is a better move than two young kids on loan.

We wouldn't pay for Dembele and Cantwell is my guess, which is ridiculous.

Oxfords own reporters and papers have dembele at just over 1million rising to 1.5 not sure how Elliot would know given it isn’t rovers related 

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If signing Baker for a year allows us to let Garrett go and get 30+ starts and comeback stronger for it next season then it’ll do for me. 

If Baker comes in and makes more than 15 starts across the season I’ll be surprised. He’ll be used as an option to rest our starting two in the middle, either starting during periods of heavy scheduling or by playing the last 20 mins of games. 

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

We also haven’t signed any saleable assets. Apart from Carter, where’s the next big pay day coming from? 

Could argue that if Cantwell can recapture his form, there is potentially a 10-15m player there in 12-18 months.

If Gueye somehow scores 20 goals this season theres a huge potential profit there.

Not every saleable asset has to be 19-23

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, AVE1875 said:

Apparently Cantwell's medical has taken/is taking place this morning (as reported by Raman Bhardwaj); so I expect it will be Tóth initially followed by Cantwell.

Hopefully they can get these two wingers in too to add a bit of pace, anyone reckon we can expect anything more after that??

16 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Just watched his YouTube highlights and think your mate is accurate. Loves a step over, good crosser of a ball, not that quick, but can keep possession well. 

I think he looks like he could be a good signing

Stepovers, Not that quick...its Dolan.

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Haha is this a subtle joke as in he is a big gamble? 

Haha I'm glad someone else picked up on it. At the moment every game with Pears is a gamble so, can't be that bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Oxfords own reporters and papers have dembele at just over 1million rising to 1.5 not sure how Elliot would know given it isn’t rovers related 

Well even at a million quid, I'd much prefer to have the 27 year old asset who has performed in this league before and knows what it's about over 2 young kids on loan, one which has never played a professional game.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, rover23 said:

On the face of it, it seems like it’s going to be a decent window. 

My main concern is that despite bringing in £35m+ we’re going to finish up the window having spent circa £3.5m. A tenth of what we have brought in. 

Totally agree