BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Jackson saying Cantwell personal terms being ‘thrashed out’

I thought it was all agreed?

Only nixon has said its agreed.

Nixon also said Ohashi was in the country when he wasn't, which Elliot was saying at the time.

Who knows which one is correct.

Just now, Forever Blue said:

To be honest, if we get Cozier-Duberry and Godo on loan, I am not at all fussed about Cantwell.  2 wide players with pace are far more important

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well even at a million quid, I'd much prefer to have the 27 year old asset who has performed in this league before and knows what it's about over 2 young kids on loan, one whi has never played a professional game.

As would just stating what Oxford have said is the price 

our recruitment team clearly didn’t fancy dembele 

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

From what I have seen online, I believe salary is agreed ... They will probably be looking at other things such as appearance bonuses etc... I suspect they'll throw in a extremely optimistic one whereby his salary etc will change upon promotion / league table finish. 

5 minutes ago, London blue said:

Pal of mine is a Motherwell fan. They like Vale s a player but like him more cos he invested some money into their youth setup. Or, more accurately, got pissed at their award evening auction and way overpaid for some stuff.

Intriguing! Tell us more 

19 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Vale gone to Motherwell on loan.

Makes sense.  Has tailed off for a while now, so this his make or break loan - full season, could come good, or maybe that will ultimately be his level.  Hope he can kick on.

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Keeper is a real massive punt. Hes got great stats but playing in a poor league. It's really strange that after getting so burnt by Leo that we have gone a similar route again.

With Eustace being after Ruddy and other experienced keepers all window I really wonder if he wanted this one.

Very odd to me. Hope it works out.

Honestly, with keepers I don’t think it matters what league they’re playing in. A shot is a shot, a cross is a cross etc. If he’s been scouted right, a 26th old international keeper who has just recorded some of the best stats around shots saved etc in Europe, isn’t really a “punt”….

10 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

He can’t get into the Stoke team based on how they play it would be similar to JDT style with us so doubtful we would have went for him under JDT 

we play differently he is a very good player on his day great a set pieces scores a lot from outside the box and given it’s a loan (then free in summer) it’s an excellent addition and competition in the middle 

don’t go off fans opinions as you’ve seen in here one fan says one thing about a player the next fan says the opposite 

It’d be nice to see somebody capable of having a pop from outside the box. We seem to be very shot shy in that respect.

9 minutes ago, London blue said:

Pal of mine is a Motherwell fan. They like Vale s a player but like him more cos he invested some money into their youth setup. Or, more accurately, got pissed at their award evening auction and way overpaid for some stuff.

Thanks for clarifying that, I was bit confused about their tweet 😂

• Like 2

Wouldn’t mind Cantwell off the bench tomorrow against the dingles.

if we get Cantwell and both wingers sign we’ve arguably got the best squad since we got relegated from the PL, with the exception of THAT Bowyer squad with Rudy and Rhodes firing.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Makes sense.  Has tailed off for a while now, so this his make or break loan - full season, could come good, or maybe that will ultimately be his level.  Hope he can kick on.

Vale is out of contract at the end of the season. We do have an option but I'd say it's likely that Blackpool was his last game in a Rovers shirt.

• Like 1

Really hope we get one of those unreported, surprise signings that nobody has heard of before.

Was really nice finding out that we signed Telalovic then rapidly researching who he is etc.

I mean, he was dog shit, but still...

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Keeper is a real massive punt. Hes got great stats but playing in a poor league. It's really strange that after getting so burnt by Leo that we have gone a similar route again.

With Eustace being after Ruddy and other experienced keepers all window I really wonder if he wanted this one.

Very odd to me. Hope it works out.

I'll be very curious to see where Rushworth and Travers end up.

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Agreed.

A couple of injuries at center half and we're knackered.

Definitely. I know they didn't always show their best at Ewood for a variety of reasons, but Hanley, Duffy (spit), Cairney, Marshall and King all walk into our starting XI at a bare minimum. And that's before you get into our two 20+ goal strikers, and plenty of others like Conway who would probably be starting too. 

• Like 1