BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Duberry and Cantwell all but done apparently. Excellent signings.

The new recruitment team have pulled it out the bag this window. They've done very well inspite of very little money being made available from player sales. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Duberry and Cantwell all but done apparently. Excellent signings.

The new recruitment team have pulled it out the bag this window. They've done very well inspite of very little money being made available from player sales. 

Very little money? Why's that? We've brought in £40m of revenue? With very little in a way of outgoings?

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Very little money? Why's that? We've brought in £40m of revenue? With very little in a way of outgoings?

We all know why, the owners are not putting any money our way until the court case is done. The money we have spent is essentially Gally, Walstead and a little Ennis. I think the recruitment team have done an excellent job under difficult conditions.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Some exceptional saves in that reel

Great song too!

Agreed.

But then so too did Leo, & you could put together a good reel for Pears too I'm sure...

Hopefully this guy is the real deal though!

• Like 2

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Agreed.

But then so too did Leo, & you could put together a good reel for Pears too I'm sure...

We will pray 🙏 

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Sorry, it was poorly worded. I meant they have been given little money to spend despite us bringing in a huge amount from player sales. 

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Cantwell, Godo and maybe another Striker and CB, and we move. Could be a very good season ahead, if it all comes together. 

Highly doubt there will be anything else after Cantwell and the two winger loans. With Beck coming in for LB cover, Pickering an be used as a left sided CB if needed, and striking options we have Gueye, Ohashi, Weimann, Dolan, and Leonard to come back from injury who can all play that position. Suspect if there is still interested in Ryo Germain then they'll look to bring him in for free in January when his contract is up.

Edited by sharpysharps86

I wonder whether there is any chance we could loan Stansfield at the last minute? Fulham obviously don’t want to sell but I’m guessing they consider him playing regularly in the Championship to be better than sitting on the bench every week. With the links to Eustace I wonder if we would be a convenient destination for him? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

Clam down there Atko you're getting ahead of yourself there 🙂

Haha, it's true though, he can pull off decent saves, he just should perhaps pull off more whilst being less error-prone & rash in possession.

He has the agility & skill sets to be a decent 'keeper imo, that's what's so frustrating.

Anyway today's looking like being a happier day than we've had for a while, let's not take the gloss off it now (that can wait until tomorrow... 👀)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

If we get the two pacey wingers this window then I think that's a real positive, and I'm finally glad that Eustace, Park, Rudy whoever, has recognised we need pace in the team.

Two pacey wingers? Sounds like we were only looking for one the entire window according to news reports.

I suspect, after Cantwell, it will be a winger (looking like Cozier Duberry) and a right-back on loan which would allow us to send Duru out for game time in League Two where he'd be pretty much guaranteed game time you'd think.

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Two pacey wingers? Sounds like we were only looking for one the entire window according to news reports.

I suspect, after Cantwell, it will be a winger (looking like Cozier Duberry) and a right-back on loan which would allow us to send Duru out for game time in League Two where he'd be pretty much guaranteed game time you'd think.

All the noises are we’re signing 2 (Fulham and Brighton lads)

15 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Agreed.

Pretty much - just give me a competent GK. I don't need one that makes highlight reel saves - my standards are low these days.

• Like 1