BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hull obviously mean business this time around.

We all said that at Christmas when they signed Carvalho, Giles, Zaroury etc, and they then nosedived out of the playoffs and sacked their manager.  But yes the intent from them is clear

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I'm guessing all these signings today can't make the squad tomorrow? We will have to watch JRC pretending to be a winger and Dolan do 52 step overs before losing the ball.

According to some fans, Dolan is prime Cristiano 

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I'm guessing all these signings today can't make the squad tomorrow? We will have to watch JRC pretending to be a winger and Dolan do 52 step overs before losing the ball.

At a push I think Baker would have been the only 1 to make the bench anyway. 

People saying Cantwell hasn't played for like 5 months. He'll be well out of shape.

30 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Some exceptional saves in that reel

Great song too!

I don't actually consider any of those saves 'exceptional'. Most keepers would have some saves like that on their reel. Some of them are very good saves but there wasn't one that made me go 'wow'. The key will be how consistently he can make saves like that and minimise errors.

Based on what we've heard from the guy Jackson spoke to in the LT, I'm also a bit concerned about him getting involved in that tippy tappy crap we like to play at the back. He said the Hungarian league is a lot slower with less pressing, so I expect he may struggle playing the ball around in defence (not that I like that aspect of the modern game anyway).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

At a push I think Baker would have been the only 1 to make the bench anyway. 

People saying Cantwell hasn't played for like 5 months. He'll be well out of shape.

Anyone not already signed by now (*) will have missed the cut off point to play tomorrow

* possible may have signed but not yet been announced

Edited by KentExile

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Depends if they got the deal over the line before midday. It’s possible but doubtful.

I would suggest with the medical having been reportedly completed this morning, it's been done in time, with media stuff being done after the priority of completing the signing and paperwork (have you understood that, Gregg?).

Either way, I'll be amazed if he gets any significant time on the pitch tomorrow. At best, he'll be on the bench.

Edited by goozburger

15 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

All the noises are we’re signing 2 (Fulham and Brighton lads)

Or one or the other. Be great if we got two, mind you, but I think there's a lot of misinterpreting going on, followed by "club's a shambles!" when we only sign one. That old script...

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Or one or the other. Be great if we got two, mind you, but I think there's a lot of misinterpreting going on, followed by "club's a shambles!" when we only sign one. That old script...

Yeah, that old script of people wrongly pointing out issues in our historically problem free transfer deadlings.

Its been reported in numerous places that we want both.

• Like 4

For those doing the Leo vs Balázs debate - this should really be current recruitment team vs old recruitment team. So far this window they've given us Gueye, Ohashi and Weimann. Last year we had Ennis, Telalovic and Moran. 

I'd like to say I'd trust our new team, as they seem to have a lot more Championship experience and understand the expectation, no?

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, that old script of people wrongly pointing out issues in our historically problem free transfer deadlings.

It was more a point about people believing whispers and bollocks on social media from so-called ITKers and concluding that the club is this or that. Absolutely rife and unbearable to read people jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, it's been a pretty good window if these last few signings come through. And I can now see the Godo signing being mentioned as in addition to Crozier-Duberry by Jackson.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Godo from Fulham just looks like another Dolan. He always seems to check back when he receives the ball rather than tearing down the wing. I didn’t see any evidence of him being particularly quick, which was the main attribute we wanted from a winger. I hope that I am proved wrong, but I’m disappointed in what I have seen on YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

For those doing the Leo vs Balázs debate - this should really be current recruitment team vs old recruitment team. So far this window they've given us Gueye, Ohashi and Weimann. Last year we had Ennis, Telalovic and Moran. 

I'd like to say I'd trust our new team, as they seem to have a lot more Championship experience and understand the expectation, no?

Last year our budget was even worse. The bulk of our recruitment team is probably still the same anyway, though two or three of the higher placed ones have changed, which has hopefully improved the filtering process.

I don't think it's necessarily a Leo vs Balazs debate btw, more that they fit a similar profile that carries a large degree of risk in a position that is by far the most important this summer because our alternative there is quite frankly crap. And that one shiny highlight reel that isn't any better than the last lad's shiny highlight reel doesn't make him something to get excited about. It's very much a 'wait and see' with Balazs, which is fine if it works out, but I was hoping to be coming into the last day of the window feeling confident that we had a reliable number one for the season ahead.

• Like 3