BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

The Leo debate is what it is, but the reality is that we didn't even really see enough of him to properly judge. Keepers need time. The first thing I hope for Toth is that he's given an extended run in the side even if things go slightly wrong. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CD_93 said:

Another wannabe ITK fud on X.

Wannabe ITK fud? You may not be aware, but Fabrizio Romano is hands down the most reliable transfer guy in the business. Not to say that everything he says pans out, but he's as close as it gets.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I would suggest with the medical having been reportedly completed this morning, it's been done in time, with media stuff being done after the priority of completing the signing and paperwork (have you understood that, Gregg?).

Either way, I'll be amazed if he gets any significant time on the pitch tomorrow. At best, he'll be on the bench.

I'd be surprised if any of the newcomers starts tomorrow. Too early.

Anyway those who do start will know they are playing for their places.

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

The Leo debate is what it is, but the reality is that we didn't even really see enough of him to properly judge. Keepers need time.

You weren't stood behind the goal at the Den when Wahlstedt fumbled the ball over the line. It was excruciating to witness and it was one of many howlers he inflicted on us. It was obvious he wasn't up to it nor did he have the ability to get better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Godo from Fulham just looks like another Dolan. He always seems to check back when he receives the ball rather than tearing down the wing. I didn’t see any evidence of him being particularly quick, which was the main attribute we wanted from a winger. I hope that I am proved wrong, but I’m disappointed in what I have seen on YouTube.

Assume you've watched the same 10 minute highlights tape we all have?

He's not Mbappe, but he's clearly quick - players stand off him. Nobody stands off Dolan. He also takes it past players, something Dolan can't do at this level.

It's a very intriguing signing, if it comes off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jny said:

Calling Fabrizio Romano a "wannabe ITK fud" 😂 Arguably the most trusted transfer news source in football.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Wannabe ITK fud? You may not be aware, but Fabrizio Romano is hands down the most reliable transfer guy in the business. Not to say that everything he says pans out, but he's as close as it gets.

Woosh

I know we're all tense today but c'mon 😂

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 47er said:

I'd be surprised if any of the newcomers starts tomorrow. Too early.

Anyway those who do start will know they are playing for their places.

Beck is the only possible with Pickering apparently struggling. 

I think having a more settled side is something that should be to our advantage tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Last year our budget was even worse. The bulk of our recruitment team is probably still the same anyway, though two or three of the higher placed ones have changed, which has hopefully improved the filtering process.

I don't think it's necessarily a Leo vs Balazs debate btw, more that they fit a similar profile that carries a large degree of risk in a position that is by far the most important this summer because our alternative there is quite frankly crap. And that one shiny highlight reel that isn't any better than the last lad's shiny highlight reel doesn't make him something to get excited about. It's very much a 'wait and see' with Balazs, which is fine if it works out, but I was hoping to be coming into the last day of the window feeling confident that we had a reliable number one for the season ahead.

Unfortunately we both know that the current hierarchy don't let us feel confident about anything. I do agree with you however, and my comment wasn't really aimed at you, but more everyone having a meltdown in the last few days about it.

42 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Suspect if there is still interested in Ryo Germain then they'll look to bring him in for free in January when his contract is up.

We should be able to pre-contract him right now if his contract is up in January. Except for the little matter of the ESC slots of course...think we need to get Siggy's permit done to have a space?

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

The timing of the derby game is unfortunate.

Baby Saka looks incredible.

Really annoying that our recruitment team (whilst doing an otherwise sterling job on a shoestring) can't seem to get things over the line in time and wait until the very end of the window to do business.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The Leo debate is what it is, but the reality is that we didn't even really see enough of him to properly judge. Keepers need time. The first thing I hope for Toth is that he's given an extended run in the side even if things go slightly wrong. 

What we learned is do not rush this lad in until the time is right.

There was instant clamour for Leo just because we paid 800k and the assumption we'd bought an instantly better than Pears new number 1.

That was never going to be the case but circumstances meant he had to be thrown in and it back fired badly.

Patience this time is needed all round unless Pears is injured or resorts to throwing them in.  Lets give this lad a few months to get up to speed then challenge properly for the jersey not just howl for him to be chucked in because we've lost a few.

Lessons need to be learned.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jny said:

Really annoying that our recruitment team (whilst doing an otherwise sterling job on a shoestring) can't seem to get things over the line in time and wait until the very end of the window to do business.

Nobody can - we're all beholden to PL teams to start the dominos toppling. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Last year our budget was even worse. The bulk of our recruitment team is probably still the same anyway, though two or three of the higher placed ones have changed, which has hopefully improved the filtering process.

I don't think it's necessarily a Leo vs Balazs debate btw, more that they fit a similar profile that carries a large degree of risk in a position that is by far the most important this summer because our alternative there is quite frankly crap. And that one shiny highlight reel that isn't any better than the last lad's shiny highlight reel doesn't make him something to get excited about. It's very much a 'wait and see' with Balazs, which is fine if it works out, but I was hoping to be coming into the last day of the window feeling confident that we had a reliable number one for the season ahead.

I'd have been all over the Carl Rushworth loan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jny said:

With ones like that though (Brighton lad) it will be either now or it wouldn’t have happened I would think 

Edited by super_badge
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

You weren't stood behind the goal at the Den when Wahlstedt fumbled the ball over the line. It was excruciating to witness and it was one of many howlers he inflicted on us. It was obvious he wasn't up to it nor did he have the ability to get better. 

First part is right. I'm under no illusions about how badly we need an upgrade on Pears, but it says a lot that Leo was noticeably worse in his spell in the side.

Second bit is academic, it's totally plausible he could end up being decent, but he has to make mistakes on another club's time. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its a bloody change eh? You have to admit its overdue?

OK, OK! I admit it!!!

Still a few deals to get over the line by the sound of things, but if we could get two of those announced before the evening sets in, I won't really care what happens thereafter. I've lost count of the transfer windows where we leave almost everything to the last minute on deadline and we end up with some dregs or, as we all know, nothing at all.

• Like 1