BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

27 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Sorry for posting an opinion, I guess?

Forums are all about opinions and mine is that I’d trust proven scouts regarding players than us watching YouTube videos that only show highlights 

works both ways as mentioned before wonder kids tearing it up and end up not that good 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Speaks good English, that’s a major plus. We just need to teach him a few of the fine points of communication with team mates now, like - “ Put it in row Z next time you dozy prick ! “ 

"Fuck sake, Dominic" should be in a Rovers English language handbook for all foreign arrivals. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's the big problem, isn't it?

Really happy with Gueye, Ohashi and Cantwell (if it happens) as permanent signings - that completely changes the look of the attack and all have resale value, but we're back in the same position in 12 months time if we don't miraculously get promoted with the loans of this Brighton lad, potentially this Fulham lad, Beck etc. 

At least we signed a permanent GK (although personally that's the position I'd have gambled on and gone all out for a big time loan like Carl Rushworth), let's just hope he's any good. 

If you don't like us loaning players, why would you want us to loan a keeper ?

35 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Wonder if this newly assembled team will encourage a few more season ticket sales.....

If they'd made a big signing with all the money they've made + these signings, maybe. Like for example Stansfield.

That would be a bigger statement of intent rather than Waggott's "top 10" finish goal.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Forums are all about opinions and mine is that I’d trust proven scouts regarding players than us watching YouTube videos that only show highlights 

works both ways as mentioned before wonder kids tearing it up and end up not that good 

So for clarity; we should only express opinions on players we may be looking to sign if we’re proven scouts? Noted, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

My in-possession game is one of my strengths, along with my shot-stopping. The manager wants me to play mixed football – really nice from the back, but also know if there are advantages further up the pitch that playing one ball into the final third is better.
rushworth quotes - doesn’t mention catching crosses either. 

3 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Goes without saying really, but yes absolutely. Nothing they do will ever change that, but I can at least be happy that the signings have been better this summer than the last 2.

Venkys Out as always, but also really happy with signings we’ve made given the shit budget the shit owners have given the recruitment team. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

How many if you are like me, just waiting for the news to come out that the Cantwell deal is off.  Could not agree personal terms.  Just waiting for it.

I think it's more likely that this is their biggest marquee signing in a while and they are going to make a big deal out of promoting it.

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

My in-possession game is one of my strengths, along with my shot-stopping. The manager wants me to play mixed football – really nice from the back, but also know if there are advantages further up the pitch that playing one ball into the final third is better.

It was more that our lad looked very suspect on Crosses in a few videos that were posted.

2 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

The only time you see a keeper catch a cross now is when it’s a bad one.

• Like 3