BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

So for clarity; we should only express opinions on players we may be looking to sign if we’re proven scouts? Noted, thanks for the clarification.

Nope for clarity your opinion was balanced but as you responded it seems you feel my response was in direct response to you it wasnt

there are many accounts on here stating the keeper IS going to be a dud by looking at a YouTube clip 

there are accounts on here stating the Fulham winger is another Dolan he isn’t fast we don’t need him based on YouTube clips 

It’s all a matter of opinion of course but it with the degree of certainty people post makes me laugh

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Speaks good English, that’s a major plus. We just need to teach him a few of the finer points of communication with team mates now, like - “ Put it in row Z next time you dozy prick ! “ 

or the equally eloquent "ffs catch the ball instead of punching it you great dollop"

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Because we're desperate for proven quality there.

Championship average, would be an improvement in goal. But, you stated that signing all these loanees only puts off the problem till next season. Yet in the next breath you say, loan a keeper. Does that not just move our problem there, on one more season ?

Just now, rigger said:

Championship average, would be an improvement in goal. But, you stated that signing all these loanees only puts off the problem till next season. Yet in the next breath you say, loan a keeper. Does that not just move our problem there, on one more season ?

It does, but the alternative is a Non-League GK in net.

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Venkys Out as always, but also really happy with signings we’ve made given the shit budget the shit owners have given the recruitment team. 

And what worries me most is that Venkys does New Public Managment, sees we’ve done well by ourselves last season through sales and know recruiting (well) with pennies, so they slash the budget even more next season. Nothing would surprise me less with these guys…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Why are fans enthused by the Baker signing? I've been looking on the Stoke fans website and they're not bothered that he's gone. It's like us selling them Gallagher

We're signing a lad who can't in the Stoke team - I know Eustace likes him but is he really going to improve the Rovers team? 

As it stands,in recent days we've signed an unproven keeper who may or may not be better than Pears, an unwanted Stoke 29-year-old and a youngster from Liverpool who is unlikely to displace Pickering 

he got the winner for them on the opening day so was around the first team squad

4 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

there are many accounts on here stating the keeper IS going to be a dud by looking at a YouTube clip 

Are there though? Many accounts? Stating he definitively will be a dud? I must have missed that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Nope for clarity your opinion was balanced but as you responded it seems you feel my response was in direct response to you it wasnt

there are accounts on here stating the Fulham winger is another Dolan he isn’t fast we don’t need him based on YouTube clips 

It’s all a matter of opinion of course but it with the degree of certainty people post makes me laugh

People are pretty certain in their opinions, is the thing, but I think criticism should always be direct, for balance.

We’ve entered the “off-topic” realm now, so before we get pulled for it, I suggest we cut it short. Even still, I appreciate the clarity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Are there though? Many accounts? Stating he definitively will be a dud? I must have missed that.

You must have don’t blame you though as there’s a lot of nonsense which pushes the pages up a lot 

within the last couple of days there was a good 3/4 pages back discussing nyambe 

13 minutes ago, moerpho said:

And what worries me most is that Venkys does New Public Managment, sees we’ve done well by ourselves last season through sales and know recruiting (well) with pennies, so they slash the budget even more next season. Nothing would surprise me less with these guys…

If they are taking a hands off approach because for once it isn't their money actually running things then i'd suggest its working !

Mind you it's probably more to do with an ambitious young coach who knows this league and accepts the limitations of budget whilst being in sync with his recruitment staff.

Time will tell but the resurrection out of yet another self created mess is very encouraging, regardless of what happens tomorrow.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they are most likely messing cantwell about and trying to renegotiate his deal,even though it`s stated he`s agreed terms,expect to see him sign for las palmas

Swags pulled the two year 20k a week offer and replaced it with one year 14k pwk plus bonuses !

• Like 1

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Your joking about this but its very likely something along these lines. Shouldn't take this long to agree personal terms

It’s unlikely to have got to a medical if personal terms were still an issue.

I have as much trepidation as everyone else but this feels more like the club just getting the media stuff done before announcing.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

That's the beauty of football.  We all have opinions.  For me, the Fulham lad is similar to Dolan so I'd avoid. For others, that may be a good thing.  Pointless having opinion if you aren't  certain about it.

The Brighton lad however seems more two footed - favours his left and looks genuinely quick.  Could be a good un. 

3 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I have as much trepidation as everyone else but this feels more like the club just getting the media stuff done before announcing.

I hope it’s the latter but Waggott has tried the “medical shows you’re too risky, we’ll have to change the contract” before, I believe. I think there was a footballer said as much on a podcast and it might even have been deadline day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

it`s very swag for cantwell to pass the medical then maggot start the spiel,hoping that he is so fed up he`ll agree to less money

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's the beauty of football.  We all have opinions.  For me, the Fulham lad is similar to Dolan so I'd avoid. For others, that may be a good thing.  Pointless having opinion if you aren't  certain about it.

The Brighton lad however seems more two footed - favours his left and looks genuinely quick.  Could be a good un. 

My main point on the opinion is it’s based off selective YouTube clips which I would t put down as a fair assessment of any player that’s the main point I’m making 

• Like 1