BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Wonder if this newly assembled team will encourage a few more season ticket sales.....

Doubt it, however, it will encourage more walk ons.

9k season ticket sold. 

First 2 home fixtures walk ons.

Derby: 14.2k home fans (5.2k)

Oxford: 13.5k home fans (4.5k)

There seems a definite shift in support so far that should only improve with these exciting signings.

• Like 2

Duberry could be a cracking signing. I saw a couple of Brighton pre season games (for fantasy football reasons) and he stood out. Quick, direct, tricky.

We often see players labelled the 'next zidane', 'next Henry' etc and it's almost always hyperbole. The Saka comparisons are spot on with Duberry though. That's exactly who his style of play reminds me of.

He's got to do the business of course, but this looks an exciting pick out from the recruitment team.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Nope for clarity your opinion was balanced but as you responded it seems you feel my response was in direct response to you it wasnt

there are many accounts on here stating the keeper IS going to be a dud by looking at a YouTube clip 

there are accounts on here stating the Fulham winger is another Dolan he isn’t fast we don’t need him based on YouTube clips 

It’s all a matter of opinion of course but it with the degree of certainty people post makes me laugh

Anyone that signs for us should have a clean slate, irrespective of previous clubs. So i agree with you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s unlikely to have got to a medical if personal terms were still an issue.

It's not the club agreeing terms with the player that worries me. It's Venky's then agreeing to sanction it.

Having been unsure on Cantwell, I've now bought into the idea.

Edited by Hasta

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

It's not the club agreeing terms with the player that worries me. It's Venky's then agreeing to sanction it.

Having been unsure on Cantwell, I've now bought into the idea.

Chances of someone else having come in with an offer at last minute 

Seeing as it has gone a bit quiet,

Assuming Cantwell and Godo get done, and nobody else leaves, I think that is 25 squad spaces taken up.  Would we be happy enough with this?

GK Toth        Pears        Hilton/Barrett (assume one will be sold/loaned)
LB Pickering    Beck
CB Carter    Hyam        Batth         McFadzean    Wharton 
RB Brittain    Duru 
CM Tronstad    Travis        Rankin-Costello    Baker        Buckley
AM Cantwell    Dolan         Weimann
W  Sigurdsson    Hedges        Cozier-Duberry    Godo        Gilsenan    
S  Gueye    Ohashi        Leonard        Tijon

Do not need to be registered

Injured     Wharton
U21          Duru, Leonard, Tijon

* loan players have to be registered no matter what age they are

Edited by KentExile

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

That would be akin to signing Fleck,  He has been injured since last September

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-egan/leistungsdaten/spieler/121324/plus/0?saison=2023

My mind has now leapt to an 11pm notification of "breakdown in talks to sign Cantwell, but agreement reached for two year deal for John Fleck".

Cue social media video of Fleck signing contract, getting up and gently bumping leg on corner of desk, to sounds of bone and metal shattering.

• Like 3

Leonard takes forever to recover from his injury. Even if he's back in the next few weeks/months. It's unlikely he's gonna be up to speed. I think will forget about him for now. We either sign a striker who willing to sit on the bench, or play Weimann as a striker or get Rudy to register himself for us.

So far the signings look solid enough for me, the loan players are interesting.  Baker will be looking to the end of his contract to become a free agent, so he's either looking to put himself in the shop window or a slot at Ewood, should motivate him hopefully.  The others must surely be looking for first team action, I can't believe Liverpool will want Beck on the bench or with the U-21s so where does that leave Pickering?

Cantwell (assuming Venky's agree the deal) will be a bit of a risk given how he seems to have walked on two clubs now (Norwich and Rangers).  He has the ability but will he have the application?

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Seeing as it has gone a bit quiet,

Assuming Cantwell and Godo get done, and nobody else leaves, I think that is 25 squad spaces taken up.  Would we be happy enough with this?

GK Toth        Pears        Hilton
LB Pickering    Beck
CB Carter    Hyam        Batth         McFadzean    Wharton 
RB Brittain    Duru 
CM Tronstad    Travis        Rankin-Costello    Baker        Buckley
AM Cantwell    Dolan         Weimann
W  Sigurdsson    Hedges        Cozier-Duberry    Godo        Gilsenan    
S  Gueye    Ohashi        Leonard        Tijon

Do not need to be registered

Injured     Wharton
U21          Duru, Leonard, Tijon

* loan players have to be registered no matter what age they are

Keeper area could still be very weak.

Could have done with one really good younger CB rather than 2 old duffers imo

If Cantwell signs we'll be way overstocked in the midfield positions. For me Hedges needs firing off and Buckley needs selling or loaning out if he's not going to get any game time.

We are exceptionally light in the striking positions imo unless Leonard or Tyjon do something fairly unexpected.