BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no one is saying use the whole 40 million we`ve banked,if they  gave eustace just a quarter of it,thats 10 million,we`de all be satisfied

you have to ask,where did the rhodes,gestede and cairney money go

where did the armstrong money go

where did the wharton,sammie,gallagher,ennis and the raya sell on fee go

they certainly have never reinvested in the team,cos they are a bunch of ***** with a ceo who is only interested in his own financial gain,300k a year for doing **** all

llI'm not saying I agree with how it's being done, but the Vs are £200m down. 

The £40m we've received in the last 12 or so months, firstly isn't received in one go. Similarly, any transfer fees we pay aren't in one go. However, funds need to be in the bank account for all the overheads which need paying monthly. So even if we've £20m sat in a bank account, that's what we're told is needed to run the club for 12 months. 

Of course the situation with Vs sending funds over is relevant and has been covered in countless posts. But until that money is received, we're reliant on what we have in the account. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, AspRover said:

I'd like another forward in but if we aren't selling him perhaps Siggy could do a job as a striker in rotation with Gueye and Ohashi? His ball control and finishing are probably the best parts of his game, and his lack of tracking back wouldn't be so much of an issue. I'm sure he'd be a better 9 than Dolan.

I'm not an advocate of Dolan as a centre forward, but his pressing and energy make him a better option than Siggy I think.

I'm all for moving him centrally though and I totally agree that his touch and finishing being his best attributes. I just can't see having him as the focal point working. Much better playing behind a striker. 

3 minutes ago, AspRover said:

I'd like another forward in but if we aren't selling him perhaps Siggy could do a job as a striker in rotation with Gueye and Ohashi? His ball control and finishing are probably the best parts of his game, and his lack of tracking back wouldn't be so much of an issue. I'm sure he'd be a better 9 than Dolan.

Which leads to the conclusion, he isn't a winger.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

So REINVEST in the team!

How do they ever expect to get out of the hole if our main income opportunities are from transfers or getting promoted to the prem, but they put nothing back in?

Edited by jny
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

If wba wanna gamble that’s on them, we did that and look where it got us ? You fail to go up then your budget cuts year by year which lead to an embargo then a cheap manager appointment then relegation, wba owner isn’t the most popular as it is nor a great owner he’s obviously stupid enough to gamble the clubs stability completely while trying to win fans favour…, doesn’t mean we should do the same, common sense and facial stability is number 1 priority especially after what we’ve been through the last 14 years 

Common sense and financial stability? Here? When does that start?

Simply laughable what a few loans and cheap signings will do to people.

We are nowhere near sensible or stable in any respect. We are a club in financial crisis and having to exist hand-to-mouth despite fortunes being brought in through sales.

Give me West Brom's position any day of the week. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

We are nowhere near sensible or stable in any respect. We are a club in financial crisis and having to exist hand-to-mouth despite fortunes being brought in through sales.

On the face of it, this window has been the most sensible in some time. Criticise all you want where it’s due but this summer has been a win. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The highest league ground in England ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alex l said:

The £40m we've received in the last 12 or so months, firstly isn't received in one go. Similarly, any transfer fees we pay aren't in one go. However, funds need to be in the bank account for all the overheads which need paying monthly. So even if we've £20m sat in a bank account, that's what we're told is needed to run the club for 12 months. 

Of course the situation with Vs sending funds over is relevant and has been covered in countless posts. But until that money is received, we're reliant on what we have in the account. 

it`s the same for every club,it`s not just rovers who receive their money  in installments,other clubs don`t seem to have a problem reinvesting

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AspRover said:

He'd be murdered by Championship CBs.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoobydo said:

On the face of it, this window has been the most sensible in some time. Criticise all you want where it’s due but this summer has been a win. 

Been a win for the owners .Spend nothing yet have Rovers fans spunking over a "fantastic window"

Let's get this right, recruitment/Eustace look to have done well with the budget.But the budget was a disgrace when you take into account the shit window last summer and the money brought in in the last 12 months.

Until Cantwell is announced we have signed 3 first team signings whose contracts last longer that the current season. 

• Like 8
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Overstocked ? Cantwell is a 10 ? How can we be over stocked when we have 4 control midfielders which is the minimum for a healthy squad ? One injury away from bare bones ? Come on mate use your common sense 

Firstly calm down "mate".

I was expressing a general opinion not directed at anyone in particular or your goodself. Your opinion is also just that -an opinion. Nowhere as far as I'm aware is it written in stone that you need at least 4 "control" midfielders (whatever T F one of those is)

Secondly the post I was replying to listed 13 midfielders, wide players or wingers competing for four or five places assuming everyone signs. 

If you don't think that's excessive then I can't help you. If everyone signs ideally imo we need to lose another couple out of that area and bring in a CH and out and out striker.

Won't happen now probably as it's too late but still.

2 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

Compared to what? The bars pretty low.

We've lost 35 goals from Sammi and an England midfielder, thats in the past few 9 months, how is this a win?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

We hear this from people every window. As I say amazing what a few reasonable looking signings does.

Last time around some were celebrating the signings of Wahlstedt and Telalovic.

What's the plan here? 

• Like 1