BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Compared to what? The bars pretty low.

We've lost 35 goals from Sammi and an England midfielder, thats in the past few 9 months, how is this a win?

Compared to where I thought we would be.

I expected a Telalovic signing, an aging keeper and a few Morton / Chrisene style loans.

The budget is a joke, but if Cantwell does come in then we spend so much time criticising people at Ewood I think it's only fair to say the recruitment team "on paper" look to have done a good job with a hugely limited budget.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

that was with the old recruitment team we have a new team why is everyone still painting the new team with same brush as the last lot?

Because the Venky's tenure has instilled us all with a deep-rooted pessimism. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I expected a Telalovic signing, an aging keeper and a few Morton / Chrisene style loans.

The budget is a joke, but if Cantwell does come in then we spend so much time criticising people I think it's only fair to say the recruitment team "on paper" look to have done a good job with a limited budget.

Fair point Hasta.

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

only refused to play,demanded a transfer and then refused again to play for the reserves🙂,in fairness he could be the biggest a***** in football history but if he does the business here im`e not bothered

Bullshit, in parts....😉

He met with Clement on return to pre-season and asked to leave, he wanted to move back down South. Clement was quoted as saying that was a very respectful conversation and he understood the reasoning, then dumped Cantwell with the kids to train, which is to be expected.

When asked to play in the B Team, he had a Blackburn Rovers iron the fire and didn't want to get injured is the assumption.

But anyway, if he signs, he's a quality player and one I never thought we'd get over the line, but it still doesn't make up for the Wharton fire sale, those Venky bastards.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Assuming Cantwell has signed (I know!) what do people think our best starting eleven now is? 

I would hope now with a bit of depth it changes and it’s based on opposition and whether we are home/away

at ewood you would be looking at more attacking options 

away from home maybe a baker in with trav and tronstad 

game by game for me as it should be long gone are the days especially in a 46 game season where the same 11 are put out each game

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gav said:

e met with Clement on return to pre-season and asked to leave, he wanted to move back down South. Clement was quoted as saying that was a very respectful conversation and he understood the reasoning, then dumped Cantwell with the kids to train, which is to be expected.

💩you don`t need to make things up to prove your point

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Assuming Cantwell has signed (I know!) what do people think our best starting eleven now is? 

It depends on the opponent honestly as Travis, JRC, Baker would play in different scenarios, as would Ohashi/Gueye. The RW is tough, but today it would be JRC, next month hopefully Cozier-Duberry.

Tóth 

Brittain - Carter - Hyam - Pickering

Baker - Tronstad

JRC   -   Cantwell   -   Sigurdsson 

Gueye

Subs: Pears, Beck, Baath, Travis, Buckley, Cozier-Duberry, Dolan, Hedges, Ohashi.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

💩you don`t need to make things up to prove your point

I'd ask you to search on google, but I bet its beyond you, so you'll have to take my word for it.

37 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We have brought 40+ million in in sales.

We haven't made a signing above £1  million.

If we can't spend money on permanent deals after 40 million worth of sales then when can we?

Stop buying that bullshit we would be in trouble for spending some money this window.We could spend money without it impacting us if the owners chose to

Firstly, I agree, we should be able to fund transfers, but obvious answer is they cannot fund us regardless of whatever the fuck noise comes out of the club. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The budget is a joke, but if Cantwell does come in then we spend so much time criticising people at Ewood I think it's only fair to say the recruitment team "on paper" look to have done a good job with a hugely limited budget.

Agreed. Its the sort of window imo where we wont know whether its a good or bad window until the season has unfolded a bit but on the face of it  the recruitment team who have obviously been operating under fairly severe financial restrictions have done remarkably well in the circumstances.

Night and day from when Broughton was here and I'd also say potentially the best since pre Mowbray as for the first time there seems to have been a real effort to loan young players out who need game time or offload others who aren't part of the plans instead of just piling players up on top of other players and have them earning money for sitting there doing nothing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

This joke is never gonna get old for me. Love seeing it every time.

I hate it because I was catching up through the thread, thought of the joke, then had to wade through a dozen people getting there first...

• Like 3

The recruitment team has been doing a good job so far considering the limited budget at hand. Hopefully Cantwell signs within the next hour, would also like to see us make an audacious move (swap offer) to Rangers involving Dolan / Matondo. Feels like Matondo / Cantwell / Cozier-Duberry would provide plenty of service for Gueye/Ohashi up front.  

Edited by JCRovers

6 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

I hate it because I was catching up through the thread, thought of the joke, then had to wade through a dozen people getting there first...

That’s the thing! You can keep making it, just like they keep saying it! What are you waiting for?!

Edited by Bethnal

7 minutes ago, JCRovers said:

The recruitment team has been doing a good job so far considering the limited budget at hand. Hopefully Cantwell signs within the next hour, would also like to see us make an audacious move (swap offer) to Rangers involving Dolan / Matondo. Feels like Matondo / Cantwell / Cozier-Duberry would provide plenty of service for Gueye/Ohashi up front.  

I would have taken Hagi as well, not as good as his Dad but definitely some talent there.

30 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

that was with the old recruitment team we have a new team why is everyone still painting the new team with same brush as the last lot?

Because we have the same owners, CEO. The old recruitment team also had players who cost not much through the door the ones that cost serious money didn't happen. Cantwell will cost serious wages and money and hasn't been announced yet. Until he is through the door and on the pitch there will be doubts