BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The thing is, again it is based on low standards and low expectations.

Its sad that we have to be grateful that it isnt as bad as it could have been.

I actually think, viewed in isolation, this is an objectively good window (assuming that we sign Cantwell). 

It's a bit poor when viewed with the January window as a combo - even if that is a previous season and under a different regime. It's excellent when compared with our windows from the last couple of seasons. 

We've basically lost one starter and gained several. That's a good window. We're another winger and a backup forward away from an excellent window (assuming Toth is at least playable). 

2 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

i still hope 1 more signing after cantwell....or we go in late for poku

Poku not a right winger?

Aasgaard can play on the left.

We won't get either.

5 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Get a grip. It’s been a good window all things considered.

Like I have said numerous times recruitment/Eustace have done well with the budget given 

But we have only signed 3 players currently that are here longer than 12 months

After 40+ million worth of sales I don't call that a good window.Fair enough if you do

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I actually think, viewed in isolation, this is an objectively good window (assuming that we sign Cantwell). 

It's a bit poor when viewed with the January window as a combo - even if that is a previous season and under a different regime. It's excellent when compared with our windows from the last couple of seasons. 

We've basically lost one starter and gained several. That's a good window. We're another winger and a backup forward away from an excellent window (assuming Toth is at least playable). 

Its not objectively, thats your opinion.

Lots of factors. The lack of reinvestment. The loss of by far our best player and the top scorer in the league. The loss of our main asset. Having no more obvious sellable assets looking forward. We dont know how the keeper in particular will do/if he will be first choice. We look very thin at centre back especially with Wharton out. The squad looks like it is lacking athleticism.

Equally, I do think that the squad has more balance and more experience. 

There are lots of question marks that could go either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not objectively, thats your opinion.

Lots of factors. The lack of reinvestment. The loss of by far our best player and the top scorer in the league. The loss of our main asset. Having no more obvious sellable assets looking forward. We dont know how the keeper in particular will do/if he will be first choice. We look very thin at centre back especially with Wharton out. The squad looks like it is lacking athleticism.

Equally, I do think that the squad has more balance and more experience. 

There are lots of question marks that could go either way.

Sorry, I will very carefully word every post to make it clear that it is mostly my opinion. 

No more obvious sellable assets? That's your opinion. Thin at the back? Your opinion. Squad lacks athleticism? Your opinion.

Got a bunch of people on here know pointing out that people are sharing opinions. It's a messageboard. It goes without saying and it is annoying to read every time someone thinks they are being smart by doing it. To be clear...that's just my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

Sorry, I will very carefully word every post to make it clear that it is mostly my opinion. 

No more obvious sellable assets? That's your opinion. Thin at the back? Your opinion. Squad lacks athleticism? Your opinion.

Got a bunch of people on here know pointing out that people are sharing opinions. It's a messageboard. It goes without saying and it is annoying to read every time someone thinks they are being smart by doing it. To be clear...that's just my opinion. 

You specifically said that it is objectively a good window.

40 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I would have taken Hagi as well, not as good as his Dad but definitely some talent there.

Only about 10 players worldwide have been as good as Gheorghe since he retired. 

• Like 3