BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

I can’t understand how Eustace can keep this squad happy. Going to be an interesting bench and some not even making it 

"Prove it" - essentially. He has competition for places now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"I'm different, I think I appear different with the blonde hair and because of the socks and bits and pieces... I think I also appear different because people also acknowledge there's a footballer there"

My god, WHAT have we signed here? 😂

Edited by jny
  • Like 2

At no stage over the last few years would I have believed anybody telling me that Rovers would be signing Cantwell.

To get him for as little as that is superb business. He seems determined to silence the noise about him too, which only benefits us. This could be another Bentley or Bellamy moment for us.

Fair play to Rudy, Park and Eustace. They are streets ahead of, actually, no, they are in a different country to Broughton and his team, when it comes to finding a player.

Duberry and Cantwell are going to bring us a spark in the final third and all done on a low budget too.

£500k or whatever it was on Markanday, similar on Ennis, similar on O'Riordan? Fack sake, you must be joking. THIS is how it's done, Gregg.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

What a day. Brilliant. Got an unfamiliar feeling of hope and happiness to be a fan of BRFC - it’s been a while. Let’s hope it carries on tomorrow!

RTID 

🔵

What’s the word in Norfolk about Cantwell ?

• Like 2

Says a lot when a window being better than expected means it’s a 9/10 in some people’s views. 

We should’ve spent more money; however, if we’re not spending money, it’s been probably as good a window as we could’ve had. Still a striker and a centre back light, wonder if we revisit the cooper deal? 

A very stop-gap window, which is probably understandable due to us not knowing day to day if our owners will pull the plug or not. Unfortunately will need to do it again next year when Weimann, Mcfadz, Batth, Beck, Brighton lad, Baker, Dolan, Hyam(?) are all out of contract.

• Like 5

Well all in all taking account  of the  state of our club money situation irsxa good a window asxwe could of hoped  so let's us press on and win at burnley

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Probably best to book hotel rooms near Wembley for next May, just in case we miss out on 1st/2nd place. Purely as a precaution. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Class window … Parks & Gestede stretched the limited budget to its max .. 

Yeah to be fair to those two, Owen and whoever else has been involved in the background. A good job in doing as much as they can with what they were given.

It's clear they've had scraps to work with, little to no reinvestment of any sales and they've spent every single penny possible.

They've plugged as many gaps as possible (although I think we can all agree we could've done with a couple more).

All done, despite Venkys.

We haven't spent as much as we probably could or should have but we've signed players in nearly all the positions we needed. Anyone on the fence about getting a season ticket, get one and lets get down to Ewood and see how high this team can finish. The atmosphere has been great so far this season and we all needed a boost player wise!

Gueye, Ohashi, Cantwell, Dubbery 👌🏻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Says a lot when a window being better than expected means it’s a 9/10 in some people’s views. 

We should’ve spent more money; however, if we’re not spending money, it’s been probably as good a window as we could’ve had. Still a striker and a centre back light, wonder if we revisit the cooper deal? 

A very stop-gap window, which is probably understandable due to us not knowing day to day if our owners will pull the plug or not. Unfortunately will need to do it again next year when Weimann, Mcfadz, Batth, Beck, Brighton lad, Baker, Dolan, Hyam(?) are all out of contract.

Next season, solving our problems may be hard, but they may also be easy. So let's just enjoy this season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Class window … Parks & Gestede stretched the limited budget to its max .. 

My view as well.

If they keep this up, maybe they'll win the owners trust and if they win their Court case maybe P and G could get some real backing?

(Pig flew past the window)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

At no stage over the last few years would I have believed anybody telling me that Rovers would be signing Cantwell.

To get him for as little as that is superb business. He seems determined to silence the noise about him too, which only benefits us. This could be another Bentley or Bellamy moment for us.

Fair play to Rudy, Park and Eustace. They are streets ahead of, actually, no, they are in a different country to Broughton and his team, when it comes to finding a player.

Duberry and Cantwell are going to bring us a spark in the final third and all done on a low budget too.

£500k or whatever it was on Markanday, similar on Ennis, similar on O'Riordan? Fack sake, you must be joking. THIS is how it's done, Gregg.

Markanday was a Mowbray signing, we washed our face with Ennis and you're quick to write off O'Riordan.

That maybe shows how low peoples expectations had become, especially with the timing of the signings being so late.

We have spent a slither of the money we have made, 4 permanent deals for a total of maybe £2.5m, 3 veterans on 1 year deals and 3 loanees. 

• Like 5