BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Probably best to book hotel rooms near Wembley for next May, just in case we miss out on 1st/2nd place. Purely as a precaution. 

Already done. Only problem is having to book the entire week-end due to not knowing the exact date of the championship final.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Dolan’s a worry for potentially leaving on a free. The club should be planning a succession as it seems he’s going to do wind down his contract. He’s not a star player, either.

Unless he goes abroad when his contract ends we would be still due money for him due to his age 

my view on the window overall out of 10, it's a 8.5. 4 permanent signings on long term contract, 2 signings plus a re-sign player and 3 loans. Would have like us to sign Dembele or Millar as a left wing signing. Plus another centre back signing ideally. Eustace, Gestede, Park and Owen have done a very good job in terms of bringing in 9 signings. 

I can see why people have suggested we need another striker and its a fair point just like mine about not having that 5th centre back. I would have like to spend some more money and bring in Liam Millar or Dembele or Poku but we haven't 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Happy with the signings and think the recruitment team have done really well with basically, nothing to spend. Not happy about the pathetic level of investment given the >£40m pulled in and the fact that the Indians have never refused any cash requests 🤔

• Like 1

Much better window than envisaged definitely.

Still think we're short at centre half and up front, and pinning all our pace hopes on a lad who has never played a professional game isn't great.

I like the Gueye, Ohashi, Baker and Cantwell signings though. Also think Beck could be a shrews one along with the experience of Weimann.

7/10 for me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

What’s the word in Norfolk about Cantwell ?

My wife is overdue with our second now so not left the house this week tbh 😅

Noticed a couple of canaries on the Championship Reddit going on about his attitude though - let’s see. I reckon Eustace can get the best out of him.

Biggest risk is Toth, lets hope he comes good. Any insights into him?

1st time in a long time i feel we've actually got a squad (yes CBs a bit slow), no star striker as such to guarantee goals but thats not a given. On the manager now.

If we look good come Jan then surely we've the kitty to invest..

2 minutes ago, DackDackGoose said:

Biggest risk is Toth, lets hope he comes good. Any insights into him?

Yeah - he isn't Ainsley Pears.

That'll do for me.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

After years and years of dismal windows, it feels good to be on the right end of one for a change.

We've had an excellent window and without doubt our best one for a long time. Of course, no guarantees they will work out but I'm certainly more confident they will than the recruits we made last year. 

I think we push for play offs this year with that squad. Perhaps lacking a goalscorer but I think there's enough goals within the squad to offset that.

3 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

My wife is overdue with our second now so not left the house this week tbh 😅

Noticed a couple of canaries on the Championship Reddit going on about his attitude though - let’s see. I reckon Eustace can get the best out of him.

Best wishes for the new arrival, if you stick her in front of the telly for tomorrow’s match that might get things moving ! A win and a baby, what a day it could be 🤞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Yeah - he isn't Ainsley Pears.

That'll do for me.

Wahlstedt though? 😕 Had a good reputation when he came, full Swedish international, scouted by Man United etc.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I was a Gregg fan and probably stuck it back on those who disagreed….Im all here for eating humble pie because Gestate, in his first year, has gazumped him…With a little help of course.

This is the Gestede that some on here were giving dogs abuse to before he even started the job as well for various reasons

• Like 3

Very happy with the window and many positives to take. GUEYE, OHASHI and CANTWELL all great signings, The Brighton loanee has good pedigree aswell and good experience brought in with the other signings and a new keeper, lets hope hes a upgrade on what we have, Shame Sammie went, delighted Gally went, well done recruitment team

If we can only afford to spend and bring in the players we did after 40 mil worth of sales what's paying for the players we need to replace next summer.

Big questions still need answering.What is the plan going forward. 

I'm really not looking forward to Waggott talking about the window trying to mask the lack of fees paid out by the bargain signing of Cantwell and talking up the Brighton lad.Not saying both don't look good signings they do but I guarantee not one single media will press him on the minuscule amount spent on permanent deals .No way can we continue at this level if our signing pool is limited to players that cost under £1 million 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I was a Gregg fan and probably stuck it back on those who disagreed….Im all here for eating humble pie because Gestate, in his first year, has gazumped him…With a little help of course.

Came to say just this