BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, jny said:

Wahlstedt though? 😕 Had a good reputation when he came, full Swedish international, scouted by Man United etc.

Maybe there should be questions about the Goalkeeping coach 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

My wife is overdue with our second now so not left the house this week tbh 😅

Noticed a couple of canaries on the Championship Reddit going on about his attitude though - let’s see. I reckon Eustace can get the best out of him.

Hope it all goes well. 

Todd for a boy surely 🤔

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would give the rating a 6 out of 10 overall.

Firstly, the owners deserve a 0 out of 10. The reinvestment has been pathetic and that cant be ignored. That being said, I feel like the recruitment team has certainly done well with such little resources and hopefully we will be comfortable of any danger.

In terms of what we have, the goalkeeper was clearly not first choice and is a risk, the success or otherwise of this season may heavily depend on whether he is coming as first choice and in which case, if he does well. Comes from a very low standard but seemingly is highly rated. Impossible to know on this one.

Defensively, Beck gives us good cover for Pickering, if JRC is seen as competition for RB as he should then we are good at full back, as Duru isnt ready yet. At centre back I feel like we are light, Batth I understand, McFadzean I wouldnt have re-signed and it leaves us lacking pace, and we only have 3 who are comfortable playing in a back 4.

In midfield, Baker is an experienced addition and we look ok in there with the 4 we have.

In attack, I still think we lack pace and leaving deals so late has caused us to miss out on another winger for the left hand side. Szmodics going is irreplacable and im not even sure if the 5 newcomers will get 27 league goals between them. Gueye I think is going to be very important, powerful, good in the air and can hold it up but very erratic and a poor finisher. Ohashi is a clever player but not sure if hes an out and out striker. Weimann will just be a bit part player but a useful player to have off the bench. Cantwell is a risk but one worth taking, if we can get him playing he could be a game changer. And Cozier Duberry is an exciting loan who hopefully can hit the ground running.

Overall, centre back is a big issue, we are an out and out striker light, and a lack of athleticism and in particular pace is evident. As you would expect with peanuts, there are big concerns about the longer term health of the squad with all but 4 signings here for only a year and no obvious assets. But I would also say that there is much more balance and depth to the squad, more experience and hopefully a healthier spread of attacking threat.

I think the reaction (read the comments under the LT tweet, lots of 9 and 10 out of 10s) is based purely on what the recruitment has been like ignoring the fact that we have spent so little. That has to be a factor. But in terms of what the recruitment team has done amidst these restrictions, a 7 or an 8 out of 10 for me.

The amount spent has very little impact. The quality produced this season, is what is the major impact.

• Like 4

Given where we were at the start of the month and even at the start of the week, this has to be seen as a decent window. Plenty of proven Championship experience plus some exciting young talent. Cantwell is a real statement at this level despite the potential attitude issues.

It’s fair to question the overall financial outlay given transfer fees received but given the wider context, the recruitment team deserve credit for the names they got in.

Put simply, this is the kind of window that only other clubs seemed to have and one that we’d point to as an example of how a low budget window should be done.

Fair play.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Probably as good of a window as we could have had with the owners giving us scraps to work with. Will be impossible to judge for a while yet, but on paper at least the signings look decent.

Difficult to compare with Gregg due to the budget shenanigans during his time here, but on the surface at least Park's wider knowledge of the footballing world and likely significantly deeper contact book seems to have given us a boost this time around.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Can’t fault the recruitment team and manager really no complaints and well above expectations 

I would have liked to see some real money spent but it is what it is and the team seemingly have done a superb job with what they have been given 

Hopefully tomorrow we can break the recent transfer deadline post match hoodoo

After transfer window result 
2020 summer window
Lost to forest 1-0 at ewood
2021 jan window 
Lost to qpr 1-0 away
2021 summer window 
Drew with Luton 2-2 ewood
2022 jan window
Lost to swans 1-0 away
2022 summer window
Lost to Bristol 3-2 ewood
2023 jan window
Drew with Wigan 0-0 ewood
2023 summer window 
Lost to Plymouth 3-0 away
2024 jan window
Lost to qpr 2-1 ewood

6 losses 2 draws in last 8 windows 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Hopefully tomorrow we can break the recent transfer deadline post match hoodoo

After transfer window result 
2020 summer window
Lost to forest 1-0 at ewood
2021 jan window 
Lost to qpr 1-0 away
2021 summer window 
Drew with Luton 2-2 ewood
2022 jan window
Lost to swans 1-0 away
2022 summer window
Lost to Bristol 3-2 ewood
2023 jan window
Drew with Wigan 0-0 ewood
2023 summer window 
Lost to Plymouth 3-0 away
2024 jan window
Lost to qpr 2-1 ewood

6 losses 2 draws in last 8 windows 

Due a win then 😊

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I got a load of grief on the Rudy Gestede thread for suggesting that as a former player himself he was better qualified than the Egg to spot a decent player.

Lol.

That doesnt mean that he is a better judge because he is a former player.

• Like 3

Rating the window would be 8/10 right now. On paper it looks pretty good. To be reassessed in a few months to see how everyone settles. In my opinion we are now a mid table team. Any playoffs talk is very premature. Over to JE

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I got a load of grief on the Rudy Gestede thread for suggesting that as a former player himself he was better qualified than the Egg to spot a decent player.

Lol.

The Eggs stock has fallen even further now but it always seems the case the better they are at the talk and spin the worse they actually are at the job.