BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Hopefully tomorrow we can break the recent transfer deadline post match hoodoo

After transfer window result 
2020 summer window
Lost to forest 1-0 at ewood
2021 jan window 
Lost to qpr 1-0 away
2021 summer window 
Drew with Luton 2-2 ewood
2022 jan window
Lost to swans 1-0 away
2022 summer window
Lost to Bristol 3-2 ewood
2023 jan window
Drew with Wigan 0-0 ewood
2023 summer window 
Lost to Plymouth 3-0 away
2024 jan window
Lost to qpr 2-1 ewood

6 losses 2 draws in last 8 windows 

A win tomorrow though really would be the biggest sign in over 10 years that we could seriously (and purposefully this time!) be fighting to get back into the promised land this season. A loss wouldn't be the end of the world though, just maybe a bit of a reality check! And a draw would obviously be a possitive 

On paper this is our best squad since we got relegated and in spite of our owners lack of interest and having a pair of bafoons at the head of the table.... the club seems to be running smoothly behind the scenes at the moment

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

A win tomorrow though really would be the biggest sign in over 10 years that we could seriously (and purposefully this time!) be fighting to get back into the promised land this season. A loss wouldn't be the end of the world though, just maybe a bit of a reality check! And a draw would obviously be a possitive 

On paper this is our best squad since we got relegated and in spite of our owners lack of interest and having a pair of bafoons at the head of the table.... the club seems to be running smoothly behind the scenes at the moment

I don’t think this is our best squad from we got relegated wouldn’t even say it’s in the top 3 tbh 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I like our signings and credit to our recruitment team. 

However (in my opinion) we do not have the best squad since relegation. Heck despite the good recruitment, we have lost Wharton and szmodics from that starting XI in 12 months. 

That bowyer season is still by far our best squad since relegation.

Still not to be a downer I'm hopeful after today. I certainly hope we can push on from last season dreadful last 6 months.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The Eggs stock has fallen even further now but it always seems the case the better they are at the talk and spin the worse they actually are at the job.

fallen further? did I miss something?

6 hours ago, Ricceh said:

Firstly, I agree, we should be able to fund transfers, but obvious answer is they cannot fund us regardless of whatever the fuck noise comes out of the club. 

Then they should fuck off.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I don’t think this is our best squad from we got relegated wouldn’t even say it’s in the top 3 tbh 

Have to say I'm pretty happy with the window from where we're sitting. There's still so much uncertainty though, I can't quite fathom how anyone can be scoring it. It only takes the new keeper to be below par or Cantwell to stink the place out to put a totally different complexion on our business.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I think the balance throughout the squad looks similar to bowyers team. 

There's been times when we've had better attacking players & goal scorers but been weak in other key areas of the pitch

I think an awful lot will lay on whether Toth turns out to be a good strong reliable keeper or not

As usual it's very annoying there hasn't been much actual investment in buying players but wrong to say they haven't spent quite a bit.

The 'committed' spend in wages for signings, short term contracts and loans will be very hefty and it seems that is where the money has been directed, boosting the wage bill rather than investments. Shortermism yet again from the club who are either desperate to give Eustace as much backing as they could

OR

Maybe it's Vs last throw of the dice......

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bboy said:

I like our signings and credit to our recruitment team. 

However (in my opinion) we do not have the best squad since relegation. Heck despite the good recruitment, we have lost Wharton and szmodics from that starting XI in 12 months. 

That bowyer season is still by far our best squad since relegation.

Still not to be a downer I'm hopeful after today. I certainly hope we can push on from last season dreadful last 6 months.

Wharton never really got to play enough games to really flourish for us though and last year we where basically a one man team for the most part with just Szmodics keeping us up

Bowyer had an excellent starting 11 (or maybe 10!i can't remember who our main keeper was then) but I don't remember us having much strength in depth at that time

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Can you be optimistic and realistic at the same time?

A battling display and not a rout will do for me.

Expectations slightly raised 🤞

I’d want a goal start to back us tomorrow. A month ago it would have been three goals.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Wharton never really got to play enough games to really flourish for us though and last year we where basically a one man team for the most part with just Szmodics keeping us up

Bowyer had an excellent starting 11 (or maybe 10!i can't remember who our main keeper was then) but I don't remember us having much strength in depth at that time

In part this was how we set up, but had good depth in certain positions. Josh King couldn't get a start for instance (absolutely ridiculous in retrospect). We let Alan Judge go because he couldn't get a game either. Good players like Kilgallon on the bench too. It's fair to say we didn't have too much quality in centre midfield in that squad - Cairney aside - but part of that was that Bowyer just wanted to play water carriers there. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Obviously best starting XI and better squads are different. I'd argue we had a better starting XI 12 months ago. Although we have a better squad now (Even though I still don't think we have enough depth).

As for the Bowyer squad, the reason it failed was lack of depth defensively (a similar story as now IMO). However attacking that squad managed to keep Josh King on the Bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

My view as well.

If they keep this up, maybe they'll win the owners trust and if they win their Court case maybe P and G could get some real backing?

(Pig flew past the window)

Calm down! Venkys won't change! More chance of Fleck scoring 20 goals.

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

This is the Gestede that some on here were giving dogs abuse to before he even started the job as well for various reasons

I think I might have said that appointing the work experience kid as director of football was a very Venky's move...

Good to see most business done well before deadline day. 

Playing Brum in the cup (allegedly) contributed to the calamity that was the 2023 window. Playing that lot at the turd on deadline day could have caused armageddon. 

Great business really. No matter what you want to say about the level of support we get from India, the recruitment team has done really well with what they've been given. Let's hope it translates on the pitch.

Gestede and Park clearly have contacts and a network far superior to what Broughton ever did. The old saying is that it's not what you know, but who you know. I think this is why our recruitment somewhat struggled under Ask Gregg. Tronstad was probably his best moment, but the rest appeared to either be names from previous lists, or total duds. Sat there waiting on Deniz Undav until it was too late, and signing Telalović, probably typified our recruitment under his watch.

Out of his depth, sadly. But forward we look.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Gestede and Park clearly have contacts and a network far superior to what Broughton ever did. The old saying is that it's not what you know, but who you know. I think this is why our recruitment somewhat struggled under Ask Gregg. Tronstad was probably his best moment, but the rest appeared to either be names from previous lists, or total duds. Sat their waiting on Deniz Undav until it was too late probably typified our recruitment under his watch. Out of his depth, sadly. But forward we look.

Szmodics!?

• Like 1