BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 hours ago, AJW said:

I know some supporters will be upset about the lack of £s spent but really it’s not about how much you spend it’s about how much quality you bring in , we like lots of clubs have spent fortunes on duds in the past and have also got gems for very little  time will tell if this window has been a success  

I dont get this argument.

Obviously its about how you spend it, but the more you have, the easier that task becomes. The more scope you have to bring in quality.

If you think the recruitment team has done well with what they have, and most do, imagine what they could have done with more money.

We are still short in 1 or 2 areas, and lacking 1 or 2 attributes, we could have got those in addition to what we got. We could have added a couple of players who could have been big potentially profitable assets which we dont have. We could have upgraded or signed permanent alternatives to a couple of the players we did get.

Obviously there are examples of poor signings for big money and good signings for little to no money. But in general, there is a correlation between teams with money and teams with success for a reason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get this argument.

Obviously its about how you spend it, but the more you have, the easier that task becomes. The more scope you have to bring in quality.

If you think the recruitment team has done well with what they have, and most do, imagine what they could have done with more money.

We are still short in 1 or 2 areas, and lacking 1 or 2 attributes, we could have got those in addition to what we got. We could have added a couple of players who could have been big potentially profitable assets which we dont have. We could have upgraded or signed permanent alternatives to a couple of the players we did get.

Obviously there are examples of poor signings for big money and good signings for little to no money. But in general, there is a correlation between teams with money and teams with success for a reason.

A few people have said some version of "Well X player was free so Venkys don't need to spend money"

Detached from reality

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

🤦‍♂️

My bad, thought he was on loan there.

You're by no means the first to get tripped up by this, I got all sorts of confused when we signed our Tom Bloxham because I only knew about the other one. The Shrewsbury Bloxham was meant to be a good prospect at one point - 6'5 forward, always ended up going to decent teams on football manager so I was quite pleased when we'd signed him...

28 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Omar Rekik has been released by Arsenal. On loan at Wigan- worth a look?

Good pedigree at youth level and international caps for Tunisia, played CB and in midfield. Hasn't exactly pulled up any trees at senior level though.

Bit of a family connection, didn't his brother play a few games for us on loan?

Edited by AspRover

21 minutes ago, AspRover said:

Good pedigree at youth level and international caps for Tunisia, played CB and in midfield. Hasn't exactly pulled up any trees at senior level though.

Yes his brother did play here for 5 months under Appleton's reign here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AspRover said:

Teams don't usually terminate the contracts of good players for no reason.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Has'nt he been here before? Name is familiar but I have had a few🤣

His brother Karim we had on loan from City (I think it was City at least)

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Stoke's keeper man of the match. 

We should have been all over that

Agree. Johansson was outstanding for Rotherham at Ewood last season - best keeper at this level I've seen in years

• Like 1