BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

One thing that is a bit weird about Toth is he has (so I have read) great stats and 76 starts in the Hungarian top league, but he hasn't got any starts for the national team despite first getting called up in 2021. Would have thought he would by now? Didn't go to Euros either....

Bit of an odd one.

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Eustace wanted a proven keeper which costs money or he wanted the likes of Ruddy or Krull, any of those signings would have gone straight in imo.

As it is we've taken a similar punt to last time again so the only sensible option is to let him get up to speed first as was the plan with Leo but Pears injury changed that.

How do you get up to speed without playing games though?Again maybe Whalstedt was just a poor keeper , I don't think it would have mattered if he could have spent a longer time on the bench and wasn't put in so quickly due to Pears injury.He just wasn't suited to the game over here and all round looked a shit goalkeeper.

Eustace doesn't want Pears as number 1, that is clear by the goalkeepers targetted in the window. And Pears has looked far from steady ,making mistakes in every game but getting away with it

If Toth has been scouted properly then he should be coming straight into the team, I don't see the sense in waiting, the coach clearly doesn't have confidence in Pears to be his number 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

How do you get up to speed without playing games though?Again maybe Whalstedt was just a poor keeper , I don't think it would have mattered if he could have spent a longer time on the bench and wasn't put in so quickly due to Pears injury.He just wasn't suited to the game over here and all round looked a shit goalkeeper.

Eustace doesn't want Pears as number 1, that is clear by the goalkeepers targetted in the window. And Pears has looked far from steady ,making mistakes in every game but getting away with it

If Toth has been scouted properly then he should be coming straight into the team, I don't see the sense in waiting, the coach clearly doesn't have confidence in Pears to be his number 1

My point is i don't think this guy has been bought to install straight as number 1 just the same as Leo wasn't despite the fee and alleged potential.

He's here imo as direct competition for Peas who is clearly still the first choice keeper so Toth will have to bide his time.

I've no issue with doing it that way Eustace wanted an upgrade but he didn't get the keeper he wanted and he isn't daft either so i still think he'll select Pears but after a two week break maybe he'll be bold and just swap them we'll have to see.

My last quid would be on Pears starting again unless/until he's injured or has a real bad run.

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

My point is i don't think this guy has been bought to install straight as number 1 just the same as Leo wasn't despite the fee and alleged potential.

He's here imo as direct competition for Peas who is clearly still the first choice keeper so Toth will have to bide his time.

I've no issue with doing it that way Eustace wanted an upgrade but he didn't get the keeper he wanted and he isn't daft either so i still think he'll select Pears but after a two week break maybe he'll be bold and just swap them we'll have to see.

My last quid would be on Pears starting again unless/until he's injured or has a real bad run.

It might be Pears in the next game due to Toth being away with Hungary.

I disagree with your statement that ,"Pears is still clearly number 1" though.The goalkeepers targeted in the summer paints the picture that Eustace doesn't have confidence in Pears as a number 1 and like I said in my previous post Pears has looked Shaky in all our league matches and has made mistakes that could have easily led to more goals being conceded 

We will see but the showing by our other foreign signings Ohashi and Gueye give me confidence that Toth will be a lot better than Whalstedt

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Rudy towing the party line in that YouTube video I see.

"It's really important to thank the Board and the Owners" y'know after banking £40m+ and spending approx. £2.5m.

It's infuriating. And has wound me right up (which is sad as the on pitch performances had me in a very positive rovers mood)

Lots of people in the comments lapping it up. 

We've got to remember that all that money isn't available up front - well then the same goes for our signings as do most transfers. It's really disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Ffp issues - not an issue after these sales. Could easily have spent more and still complied.

Wages - a fair point. However, the wage bill has been significantly cut following the freezing of funding by the owners. But the owners are great though aren't they!

It's really sad that they have to praise the owners for the most basic level of 'support', ie. authorising any transfers at all. But that's where we are, and yet some seem to think this all great.

He's just a puppet. He talks but I hear waggotts words. He's had little input in this tramfer window bar being a taxi service from the airport.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

One thing that is a bit weird about Toth is he has (so I have read) great stats and 76 starts in the Hungarian top league, but he hasn't got any starts for the national team despite first getting called up in 2021. Would have thought he would by now? Didn't go to Euros either....

Bit of an odd one.

Hungarians take all international football, including friendlies, incredibly seriously, so they don't really give out participation starts like England do. Their current number 1 plays for RB Leipzig.

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

Hungarians take all international football, including friendlies, incredibly seriously, so they don't really give out participation starts like England do. Their current number 1 plays for RB Leipzig.

And No2 plays for Ferencvaros. Both mid-30s though, so Toth will lively get his chance while with us.

• Like 1

If we continue to start the well this season and get within the play offs, what’s the likelihood The Rao's will fund us and help us push towards them and maybe higher?

My thought is, they won’t. They will again sabotage us and stop us from progressing, like they have done in previous seasons.

And there you have it, they won’t sell, as we aren’t in the Premiership.

Funny that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

It's infuriating. And has wound me right up (which is sad as the on pitch performances had me in a very positive rovers mood)

Lots of people in the comments lapping it up. 

We've got to remember that all that money isn't available up front - well then the same goes for our signings as do most transfers. It's really disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Ffp issues - not an issue after these sales. Could easily have spent more and still complied.

Wages - a fair point. However, the wage bill has been significantly cut following the freezing of funding by the owners. But the owners are great though aren't they!

It's really sad that they have to praise the owners for the most basic level of 'support', ie. authorising any transfers at all. But that's where we are, and yet some seem to think this all great.

He's just a puppet. He talks but I hear waggotts words. He's had little input in this tramfer window bar being a taxi service from the airport.

I guess that's a key reason for giving him the job, in the first place. He is an ex player, so the "others" think he will bring populist credibility for their fucking dreadful ownership.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

It might be Pears in the next game due to Toth being away with Hungary.

I disagree with your statement that ,"Pears is still clearly number 1" though.The goalkeepers targeted in the summer paints the picture that Eustace doesn't have confidence in Pears as a number 1 and like I said in my previous post Pears has looked Shaky in all our league matches and has made mistakes that could have easily led to more goals being conceded 

We will see but the showing by our other foreign signings Ohashi and Gueye give me confidence that Toth will be a lot better than Whalstedt

But he didn't get any of those goal keepers targeted.

The plan here is to keep developing Pears and hope he has a run of form then someone fancies an English keeper and they get money for him then the next one steps in.

Whether that comes to pass is a different matter but that was the initial plan.

11 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

If we continue to start the well this season and get within the play offs, what’s the likelihood The Rao's will fund us and help us push towards them and maybe higher?

My thought is, they won’t. They will again sabotage us and stop us from progressing, like they have done in previous seasons.

Funny that.

No chance that's happening it didn't happen over the last couple of near do's but they've at least recognised players were needed to avoid relegation.

It's 70/30 odds on there'll have to be a sale in Jan if their issues aren't sorted.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

But he didn't get any of those goal keepers targeted.

The plan here is to keep developing Pears and hope he has a run of form then someone fancies an English keeper and they get money for him then the next one steps in.

Whether that comes to pass is a different matter but that was the initial plan.

Who said that is the plan? 

I doubt very much the plan is to keep developing Pears when the club where looking for a new number 1 in the summer.The plan was obviously bringing in a new number 1 goalkeeper.

And just because Eustace didn't sign Ruddy or Rushworth doesn't mean that he decided Pears will be number 1 and we will sign a number 2 to challenge him instead .Toth could be 20x the goalkeeper Pears Is for all you and I know.

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Who said that is the plan? 

I doubt very much the plan is to keep developing Pears when the club where looking for a new number 1 in the summer.The plan was obviously bringing in a new number 1 goalkeeper.

And just because Eustace didn't sign Ruddy or Rushworth doesn't mean that he decided Pears will be number 1 and we will sign a number 2 to challenge him instead .Toth could be 20x the goalkeeper Pears Is for all you and I know.

We'll return to this further down the line.

58 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Funny that.

we all know what happens if we threaten the top six,venkys do not want us in the premier league for whatever reason

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we all know what happens if we threaten the top six,venkys do not want us in the premier league for whatever reason

Come on, we know the reasons. They would be under more scrutiny and don’t want to spend money.

Simple as that.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Come on, we know the reasons. They would be under more scrutiny and don’t want to spend money.

Simple as that.

brings us back to the question every rovers fan craves

why did they buy us in the first place,you generally don`t buy a product then go about destroying it

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I saw in the minute long preview video tweeted that he spent most of it saying how he wants more people to be in the ground. 

All well and good, but purposely evading the main reason why attendances arent bigger, price.

Yeh I love when millionaires tell people to spend more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roverblue said:

Shame we went out the Carabao as would have been a safer place to blood him in. Guess we stick with Pears till he cocks up or gets injured.

Won't be a long wait.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I saw in the minute long preview video tweeted that he spent most of it saying how he wants more people to be in the ground. 

All well and good, but purposely evading the main reason why attendances arent bigger, price.

He’s another one totally detached from reality. Waggott Mk 2

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Funny that.

Honestly I think that's your lot for the season. Only way we buy in January is if we sell again.