BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I thought Eustsce wanted all manners of other keepers? Doesn’t sound like a choice of the manager.

Well, some on the BRFCS transfer committee weren’t happy that Eustace had a say at all. He apparently needed to know his place and not get involved in such things.

• Like 3

Rudy came across well in the interview he clearly knows what he's talking about and it's good he is on board here to inject what Waggot and Suhail are missing, football brains and ambition.

I gave his appointment a lot of stick but mainly because they couldn't tell us what he was actually doing and it looked like we were in for a novice apprentice CEO to add to the circus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Filan was a really good keeper. I’d have him back tomorrow if I could get my Time Machine working again.

Filan! I'd take Alan fettis back over Pears. 

Remember Sandomierski who came in on loan under Bowyer!? He was a good one, shame we never chased him up again but I think he was out of our salary range at the time 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I thought Eustsce wanted all manners of other keepers? Doesn’t sound like a choice of the manager.

Sounds similar to JDT's plea to just get him a striker, any striker, cos what he has in the building now is shite.

JDT would have got us promoted with just Gueye in his first season. What could have been.

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

All well and good, but purposely evading the main reason why attendances arent bigger, price.

I would say winning and be successful aswell as price are key factors. 

We have over 5k walk out for Derby and 4.5k walk out fans. So the fans are there but not everyone can get and commit to STH. The kids ST was great value and we need to attract more younger fans whilst trying to get non ST fans to commit to ST is down price, kick off time, work pattern and family commitments, etc. 

So far I think the commitment of non STH has been great. Just need to keep winning games, good performances and goals. 

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Watched the Gestede interview and it is as you would expect. Constant arse kissing of the owners and saying how great they are. With it being in house media, the questions are very friendly and any answers are not challenged.

Do you expect Gestede to say really? He is employee of Rovers. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like this summers business was a bit of a random amalgamation of targets from different players.

When 4 different people have together all within 1 month of each other apart from Eustace, do you really expect of each other to understand each other views, depth of knowledge, etc? 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im unsure what he meant when he said that Gueye and Ohashi were targets from before. Had they come from when Broughton was at the club as im sure that I read that we bid for or enquired about Ohashi in January.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Filan was a really good keeper. I’d have him back tomorrow if I could get my Time Machine working again.

I would take him as first team gk coach yesterday. Same with Bobby Mimms 

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Do you think Pears has played well this season ?

Has he played well? I suppose it's all about keeping the ball out of the net.

He hasn't been culpable for any of the goals, but he hasn't kept a clean sheet.

He's got away with two or three, so well might be pushing it, but overall the team has overachieved, and he's part of that unbeaten team. 

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

He's got away with two or three, so well might be pushing it, but overall the team has overachieved, and he's part of that unbeaten team. 

I know Hyam had gone walkabout for the dingle goal but I would have expected a keeper at this level to save the header. Equally accountable, in my opinion.

He's played as well as anyone expects, in that he hasn't thrown the ball in his own net. Yet.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, London blue said:

I know Hyam had gone walkabout for the dingle goal but I would have expected a keeper at this level to save the header. Equally accountable, in my opinion.

He's played as well as anyone expects, in that he hasn't thrown the ball in his own net. Yet.

Friedel identifies the danger, notices there's only one player in the box, comes out of his net the moment the ball is crossed, catches the ball and takes Lyle out.

The problem is my generation know what a proper top-level player looks like. So when Hyam goes walkabout, Beck is nowhere to be seen and Pears stands on his line its hard to comprehend. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Friedel identifies the danger, notices there's only one player in the box, comes out of his net the moment the ball is crossed, catches the ball and takes Lyle out.

The problem is my generation know what a proper top-level player looks like. So when Hyam goes walkabout, Beck is nowhere to be seen and Pears stands on his line its hard to comprehend. 

Very true. Thinking back to seeing the goal it was so, so clear where the cross was going. Staying on his line then reacting in the way he did was poor all round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say winning and be successful aswell as price are key factors. 

We have over 5k walk out for Derby and 4.5k walk out fans. So the fans are there but not everyone can get and commit to STH. The kids ST was great value and we need to attract more younger fans whilst trying to get non ST fans to commit to ST is down price, kick off time, work pattern and family commitments, etc. 

So far I think the commitment of non STH has been great. Just need to keep winning games, good performances and goals. 

Do you expect Gestede to say really? He is employee of Rovers. 

When 4 different people have together all within 1 month of each other apart from Eustace, do you really expect of each other to understand each other views, depth of knowledge, etc? 

I would take him as first team gk coach yesterday. Same with Bobby Mimms 

I dont expect him to do anything but arse lick the owners, as all employees do. Just commenting on it.

Even if people are giddy at a late window flurry spending a trickle of the funds received and a good start. You arent going to get many people enticed by a season ticket that has rocketed in price from when they were first released unfortunately. Its a shame as reaspnable pricing coupled with a good start could have led to some sales.

I wonder if Gueye and Ohashi like Cantwell were Broughton targets. 

The only reason you mention Filan and Mimms is because they used to play for us.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

He won't get away with it for much longer.

I think when we get a decent keeper between the sticks a lot will remember what it's like to have a keeper again. Just like swapping Gallagher for Gueye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, London blue said:

Very true. Thinking back to seeing the goal it was so, so clear where the cross was going. Staying on his line then reacting in the way he did was poor all round.

I'm no Pears apologist but the fact that some people are actually partly laying the blame at his door for the Burnley goal says it all really.

The guy hasn't got a chance and hasn't since he arrived

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Rudy came across well in the interview he clearly knows what he's talking about and it's good he is on board here to inject what Waggot and Suhail are missing, football brains and ambition.

We must have watched different interviews, because I didn't get that impression at all. He asslicked the owners, made feeble excuses for our piss poor spend, and said nothing of any insight or interest. The only part I can agree with is Waggot and Suhail are missing football brains and ambition.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

I'm no Pears apologist but the fact that some people are actually partly laying the blame at his door for the Burnley goal says it all really.

He's had multiple chances since he arrived, actually.

I expect more of Hyam and Beck in that situation, both of their positioning was awful. I also expect more of Pears. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Au contraire, Pears has been given many chances and failed most of them.

Burnley goal not particularly his fault though. A top class keeper may have prevented it, but I don't expect a top class keeper for us at this level. I mean, he does kinda move out of the way of it, but Foster had so much of the net to aim at, you can understand a keeper starting to move as he has a lot of goal to try and cover.

Overall though, he simply isn't good enough. And it's not a snap judgement, or some weird pointless bias, it's from watching him play for years.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We must have watched different interviews, because I didn't get that impression at all. He asslicked the owners, made feeble excuses for our piss poor spend, and said nothing of any insight or interest. The only part I can agree with is Waggot and Suhail are missing football brains and ambition.

Everyone employed and paid handsomely is going to drop in an arse lick or two literally everybody has, even Lambert did, apart from JDT who was trying to get himself potted.

It goes with the turf here and isn't worth getting worked up about anymore because nowt will change i think it's part of all their contracts to praise Venkys when the opportunity presents itself.

Perhaps he thought like the rest of us that there'd be nothing hardly in terms of recruitment aside from a few frees and loans so he's grateful the club have gone along with some of his recommendations ?

He clearly comes across as a guy that has a grasp on what the team needed and what Eustace wanted, i could never feel the same about Broughton and listening to Waggot is akin to listening to Starmer or formerly Sunak.

Big up Rudy, keep up the good work 👍

Yep, the idea that Pears hasnt had a chance since he arrived is absolute rubbish.

People have developed the opinion they have of him being not a capable Championship number 1 after an extensive period of time in which he has proven not to be up to it, making far too many mistakes.

In fact, he put in one of the worst goalkeeping performances you will ever see at Wigan. After that, when he came back in the team next, our fanbase proved that they hadnt written him off based on that. We even had some supporting the choice to play him over Pears. But over a year of constant mistakes later, thats why people dont rate him.

• Like 2

What a shite interview.

what is this? Waggott junior. Same nonsensical lines about money being split only when we are the ones selling and skirting around the budgets cuts.

This club is not attracting good talent at the moment on and off the pitch. Rudy is just another clown who wouldn’t get a job like this at any other club

1 hour ago, London blue said:

He's had multiple chances since he arrived, actually.

I expect more of Hyam and Beck in that situation, both of their positioning was awful. I also expect more of Pears. 

You're asking a lot of your LB to cover the CF when the CB is right there. 

• Like 3