BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get how we can possibly know which backroom staff are good and which not. Standard media soundbites prove nothing. We cant possibly know so any judgement becomes based on random things, people like Mimms and Filan must be good as they played for us, if youve not had a reasonable career as a player then you must be bad.

Obviously, players and managers, different story. You can directly judge their performance 

You seem to forget Mimms was here GK coach for around 4 years and he appeared to do a very good job in rejuvenated Paul Robinson during Allardyce time here. 

Do you watch the warm ups pre match? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think he did rate him over Kaminski, I think it was more that it was lateish in the season when Kaminski recovered and its a bit more complicated to revert back at that time. Kaminski I am sure would have been number 1 again had he stayed and was starting the main pre season games.

But either way, why would people withhold opinion anyway if they felt like I did that Kaminski is and was a far better choice. Tomasson messed up with that decision.

Gestede for the most part has been praised. The Benson stuff is a bit strange especially based on the misguided view that because he wasnt a good player he cant be a good coach.

But either way, you have created this Pears narrative in your head. People have had enough of him because hes crap and has proven not to be Championship standard over a long period of time, making far too many errors.

As I said, the Wigan performance would have been a potential moment where he would struggle to get the fans back. But it didnt. People simply do not rate him because he has proved himself as not capable and a big liability, and hiding behind narratives about why he signed is misleading.

Take the supposed Mowbray's mate narrative out of it, assuming it exists. Do you think people would be still desperate to get shut of him without it considering his performance levels?

Gestede has been praised and rightly so for what looks like a good transfer window in difficult circumstances.

I was referring to  the initial speculation surrounding his appointment when he was  slated on here by some who felt he was too inexperienced and had done nothing to deserve the job, but mainly that he should be nowhere near the job because he refused to turn out for us once in his playing days due to transfer speculation.

Surely you remember that ?

The Pears narrative you say is in my head, you again are right, it's in my head because I saw it on here. I personally would not have connected Mowbray and Pears' relationship without reading it on the forum.

For the record once again I agree that he isn't up to scratch

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You seem to forget Mimms was here GK coach for around 4 years and he appeared to do a very good job in rejuvenated Paul Robinson during Allardyce time here. 

Do you watch the warm ups pre match? 

Robbo needed the services of a good optician as much as he needed a goalkeeper coach. He got beaten from distance too often for a supposedly top class keeper.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure you can get much of an opinion from someone whizzing a few weak shots and crosses into a goalkeepers hands to merely get him warmed up. 

Again not necessarily true.

I used to go in at 2pm and watch the whole warm up routines a few years ago and watching John Keeley at work with the keepers was like a full on training session.

I've said many times on here Steele started to go backwards quickly once he left and there was a very noticeable drop in the standard and length of warm up under Lamberts man who looked like he was on 5 pints a night.

Can only presume from watching these things it was similar on the training ground.

Bensons sessions always seem thorough.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Gestede has been praised and rightly so for what looks like a good transfer window in difficult circumstances.

I was referring to  the initial speculation surrounding his appointment when he was  slated on here by some who felt he was too inexperienced and had done nothing to deserve the job, but mainly that he should be nowhere near the job because he refused to turn out for us once in his playing days due to transfer speculation.

Surely you remember that ?

The Pears narrative you say is in my head, you again are right, it's in my head because I saw it on here. I personally would not have connected Mowbray and Pears' relationship without reading it on the forum.

For the record once again I agree that he isn't up to scratch

If anything, the Gestede situation shows how even if an early negative opinion is held, that it is impossible to turn it around. There was a couple of mentions relating to refusing to play, notably from @RoversClitheroe but in the main it was talk of him being a vanity appointment due to him being a former player and considering the off the field neglect, and crucially due to a lack of experience. Fair concerns and ones that have quickly in the main gone away.

But back to Pears. He has always been backed in the ground which is where it matters but im guessing you mean on here. It was one or two who mentioned that relationship, I am not having that he has always been up against it because of that. As you even admit, he isnt up to scratch. Opinions on him have become stronger over time as the mistakes have continued and his lack of competence at this level has become more and more evident. No need to find conspiracies, it is as simple as that. Player keeps playing bad, fan opinion worsens.

10 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Benson gets a lot of stick but from an outsiders perspective he must look pretty good given Steele, Raya and Kaminski have all gone on to the premier league... Wonder how manu other gk championship coaches would have as good a cv.....

I wonder how many clubs would have got so little for them? I suspect none.

• Like 2

I was just watching some highlights of Cozier-Duberry on Youtube.

I assumed the Bukayo Saka comparisons were the usual lazy comparisons.

But he absolutely reminds me of Saka. He looks a real talent. Looking forward to having someone like him in the team.

• Like 2

DIdn’t realise Beck was in the Wales squad. The fact he got into the SPL team of the season last year and at 22 years old, seems not to be in Liverpool’s immediate plans, means he might well have been an astute transfer target for Rovers, after we sold our other left back option. Maybe not feasible - but would’ve been worth a try. It does seem that if he does well at Rovers and for Wales, he’ll be out of the club’s reach - though, you never know. I have a feeling, just based on his recent form and barring injury, he’s going to have a good season.

Edit; In my opinion, Rovers should be using some of their loan signing to convert to permanent, as we memorably did with Cairney. Especially, as we are selling players. Loans can patch things up and give a boost but, financially, they are often a sunk cost, with no return (but can add value for the other club).

Ayari, Chrisene and Moran’s careers and values seem to be pushing on this season, as they make breakthroughs, but what value did Rovers get out of the deals? To be fair, Chrisene started that last crucial game and Moran might have finished top of our assist charts but they were far from regulars. If we had them this season, I reckon they’d be starting or close to.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I was just watching some highlights of Cozier-Duberry on Youtube.

I assumed the Bukayo Saka comparisons were the usual lazy comparisons.

But he absolutely reminds me of Saka. He looks a real talent. Looking forward to having someone like him in the team.

How long has it been eh?

Nicko's article 

Blackburn Rovers are chasing speedy Sierra Leone winger Augustus Kargbo for the next window.

Kargbo plays for Cessna in Italy’s Serie B but is rated one of the best players at the level and expected to be sold in January.

Rovers may have to find over £1 million for the player who was on their list in the summer.

Blackburn are also hoping to be first in the queue for Fulham flier Martial Godo in the New Year.

Rovers were desperately close to landing Godo on loan in the last window and he even had a medical with them.

But the deal could not be revived while Fulham landed Reiss Nelson at the death and held on to Godo in the late drama.

Blackburn still fancy Godo to bring some pace and width to their squad.

• Like 2

I remember when Augustus Kargbo was originally mentioned and there was uproar due to the level he was playing at…Rightly so.

Yuki and Gueye, so far, have been great finds by our recruitment team so imagine this lad must be on a similar level.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why were we scrambling around for loans for a winger if we has received all that money and had found one for just over £1m who had been identified.

Venkys wont spend that in January. 

If any truth to the story I presume to bring the lad from seria B in we would have had to get rid of one of the players who is taking up one of the 4 slots.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why were we scrambling around for loans for a winger if we has received all that money and had found one for just over £1m who had been identified.

Venkys wont spend that in January. 

cos this player would require one of those 4 ESC slots which I believe are full now. If we hadn't sigh Toth then maybe we would have gone for this winger instead, But we signed Toth now

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

cos this player would require one of those 4 ESC slots which I believe are full now. If we hadn't sigh Toth then maybe we would have gone for this winger instead, But we signed Toth now

Or we could have just got Siggy's work permit done. It's mystifying that we haven't done this. There are only really two explanations - nobody at the club realises it can be done, or it's seen as a convenient excuse to why we couldn't sign another player from a foreign league.

This is assuming it hasn't been done in the background and not announced or leaked, which would be odd.

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Or we could have just got Siggy's work permit done. It's mystifying that we haven't done this. There are only really two explanations - nobody at the club realises it can be done, or it's seen as a convenient excuse to why we couldn't sign another player from a foreign league.

This is assuming it hasn't been done in the background and not announced or leaked, which would be odd.

Surely the player and the players agent would know and wouldn't they have been pushing to get it done?

If he had a permit to play over here gives him more options if he wanted to move on in the summer or January 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even with Sigurdsson, isnt it only him, Toth and Ohashi that have ESC slots?

Exaucé Mafoumbi who we signed from Nantes. 

For total clarification, maybe the Fans Forum who meet the club on the 16th September could ask the question on which players are in the ESC slots and how many we got? @K-Hod @only2garners

• Like 2