BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exaucé Mafoumbi who we signed from Nantes. 

For total clarification, maybe the Fans Forum who meet the club on the 16th September could ask the question on which players are in the ESC slots and how many we got? @K-Hod @only2garners

I think we're well aware which players are in the slots and how it works. It's basically all publicly available. What I'd like them to ask about is Siggy's work permit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely we dont have to register him? He isnt a first team player.

And if we do, surely you would prioritise those slots for first teamers.

It's irrelevant if he's a first team player. He doesn't qualify for a permit so we must use a slot for him. We could play him in the next game if we wanted to.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely we dont have to register him? He isnt a first team player.

And if we do, surely you would prioritise those slots for first teamers.

But if you don't register Exaucé Mafoumbi then would he even be able to play in the under 21's?

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko's article 

Blackburn Rovers are chasing speedy Sierra Leone winger Augustus Kargbo for the next window.

Kargbo plays for Cessna in Italy’s Serie B but is rated one of the best players at the level and expected to be sold in January.

Rovers may have to find over £1 million for the player who was on their list in the summer.

Blackburn are also hoping to be first in the queue for Fulham flier Martial Godo in the New Year.

Rovers were desperately close to landing Godo on loan in the last window and he even had a medical with them.

But the deal could not be revived while Fulham landed Reiss Nelson at the death and held on to Godo in the late drama.

Blackburn still fancy Godo to bring some pace and width to their squad.

Imagine the transfer window clock ticking, as we try to get Martial Godo over the line....Elliot Jackson could be in with the best ever Rovers related headline.."Rovers waiting for Godo"...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's irrelevant if he's a first team player. He doesn't qualify for a permit so we must use a slot for him. We could play him in the next game if we wanted to.

But my point is more, with a limited number of slots and seemingly a number of targets that would need them, surely signings we make using them should be ones for the first team?

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But my point is more, with a limited number of slots and seemingly a number of targets that would need them, surely signings we make using them should be ones for the first team?

Absolutely, perhaps we shouldn't have signed him at all. But once signed he had to take up a slot.

Perhaps the club didn't think we'd be maxing out our slots and still want another foreign based player or something, so might as well get a prospect, but I wouldn't have done it myself, especially on a limited budget. All the best bargains are abroad. They'd better be really confident that he's going to be a very good player, but it doesn't sound like he's even pulling up trees in the U21s yet. It's one where I can envision us selling him on to free a slot back up, but time will tell.

We really need to be sorting Siggy's permit or else we won't be able to sign any foreign-based players in January without selling one. Part of me wonders if they're considering selling him and that's why there's no permit, but as has been pointed out, having a permit here expands our sale options and potentially his value. Any foreign club would just be able to sign him to a pre-contract in January, which would leave us stuck with a player taking up a slot until summer if we didn't get him onto a permit. We wouldn't be able to sell him to another club at that point, so the best case scenario would be a bargain basement sale to the pre-contract club. I'm not clear on whether he could just be de-registered (wasting a decent wage)...I assume so, but maybe he'd have to leave the country if so?

All hypothetical of course, but we need to decide fairly soon what we want to do with him or it will end up out of our hands. If he kicks on he could be a useful asset worth contracting for longer, but I think he could have a hard time establishing a starting berth now, and he likely commands a pretty hefty wage. I'd be surprised if he's not one of our top 3 earners. I'd guess it's him, Travis and Cantwell.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

This is assuming it hasn't been done in the background and not announced or leaked, which would be odd.

Like the contract extensions for Alex Baker and Jalil Saadi (which have both obviously happened as they get mentions on the club site re U21 fixtures)

The club do have previous for not announcing things/terrible communication

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

All hypothetical of course, but we need to decide fairly soon what we want to do with him or it will end up out of our hands. If he kicks on he could be a useful asset worth contracting for longer, but I think he could have a hard time establishing a starting berth now, and he likely commands a pretty hefty wage. I'd be surprised if he's not one of our top 3 earners. I'd guess it's him, Travis and Cantwell.

Hyam would also be up there alongside the three you named, & apparently Lewis Baker was on over £15K/week at Stoke, so I cant imagine they would loan him to a rival without a very large chunk of it being paid. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Hyam would also be up there alongside the three you named, & apparently Lewis Baker was on over £15K/week at Stoke, so I cant imagine they would loan him to a rival without a very large chunk of it being paid. 

Forgot about Hyam.

Would be weird of us to spend even 10k pw on Baker given we also signed Cantwell who I bet is on 15k upwards, and have Travis, known to be one of our highest earners, and Tronstad, all in the same part of the pitch. I suppose Cantwell and Baker may play a little further forward at times though, but they'd be competing for the same spot as each other. Seems an odd way to use the wage budget to me.

On 05/09/2024 at 22:40, roversfan99 said:

But back to Pears. He has always been backed in the ground which is where it matters but im guessing you mean on here.

I always give him a little boo when his name is announced in the stadium.

• Downvote 2

The manager stated there were still a couple of areas we were short of options in during his pre match interview for The Bristol City match.

Striker is one and then I reckon it’s a toss up between more pace out wide (We know they wanted Godos), a RB or a CB? I personally think he’s referring to a St and a winger.

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The manager stated there were still a couple of areas we were short of options in during his pre match interview for The Bristol City match.

Striker is one and then I reckon it’s a toss up between more pace out wide (We know they wanted Godos), a RB or a CB? I personally think he’s referring to a St and a winger.

For me it's a centre back and another forward player