BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24589407.lewis-obrien-opens-failed-blackburn-rovers-move/

Guessing this lad didn't hit his previous highs at Boro that he did for Huddersfield. Regardless, I'd still love to see him here. If he can recapture that form he's unbelievable player at this level. 

Edited by Neal

1 hour ago, Neal said:

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/forum/4-blackburn-rovers-fans-messageboard/

Guessing this lad didn't hit his previous highs at Boro that he did for Huddersfield. Regardless, I'd still love to see him here. If he can recapture that form he's unbelievable player at this level. 

Who? That just links to the message board.

2 hours ago, Neal said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24589407.lewis-obrien-opens-failed-blackburn-rovers-move/

He seems to have vanished as a player. He was top class at Hudds.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Sounds like our bullshit hit him hard. Have we contributed to killing a career?

before we all get carried away with the eustace revolution,lets not forget what a complete bunch of a***sholes our  ceo and owners are,it was blindingly obvious venkys told the club to stop the deal,same with mcguire,anyone who thinks otherwise is at best naive

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Rovers seriously let the lad down. But the whining from Forest (not the lad himself) didn't sit well with me at the time. As I understand it they signed him along with about 90 other players in the summer and didn't give him any game time whatsoever. And then it comes to the last day or so of the January window and only at the last moment would they let him go to another club. It then falls through and obviously that was amateur hour at our end, but the way Cooper was talking at the time you would have thought that Forest were bothered about his best interests and not just treating him as a commodity. 

Likewise, that's why I only said contributed to. Forest were pathetic during that saga. So were we, but at least we weren't hypocritical about it.

The player also bears some responsibility for seemingly going backwards, but I can understand the effect the psychological stress of the whole ordeal would have had. Players aren't immune to psychology and biology just because they're paid very well, as some people seem to think.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Likewise, that's why I only said contributed to. Forest were pathetic during that saga. So were we, but at least we weren't hypocritical about it.

The player also bears some responsibility for seemingly going backwards, but I can understand the effect the psychological stress of the whole ordeal would have had. Players aren't immune to psychology and biology just because they're paid very well, as some people seem to think.

I think O'Brien really should not have suffered from this "ordeal"; if he did he's too weak to make it to the top as a sportsman. Bobby Charlton really did go through an ordeal in the Munich air disaster and came back to establish himself as one of the all time great players.

On 18/09/2024 at 04:52, AllRoverAsia said:

Quite how Forest can be blamed for the O'Brien debacle is beyond me.

We pulled that plug, no one else.

So they signed 99 players, that is not cover for our shameful behaviour.

They shouldn't have signed so many players in the summer, nor made him train in Nottingham on transfer deadline day morning.

They certainly contributed to it.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 4