BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

17 hours ago, Neal said:

Thinking about the Theo Bair rumour... I'd probably prefer him than McGuire tbh

The only thing Bair has over McGuire is that he'd be a lot cheaper. McGuire has more goals in 12 games this season than Bair managed in his two seasons in the MLS. Bair also managed a single goal for St Johnstone last season. Not a very inspiring signing.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'd hope if we get a midfielder in that Garrett would be going out on loan.

A year in league one playing every week would do him the world of good in my opinion.

Absolutely agree.

I believe he still lives in Liverpool - Stockport and Wrexham are both nearby.

15 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Would be a good signing! 

IMG_6098.png

Never heard of him. Is he better than Travis Tronstad or JRC? Unlikely as his appearances were for a desperately poor Hull team. Probably on a par with Smallwood who played alongside him for two seasons. Just another cheap addition for a club that's received about £30m in transfer income in the last 12 months. Further evidence that the owners are preparing a squad for L1 the season after next. 

• Like 2

Docherty probably a solid signing instead of Fleck. Sonny, JRC, Trav +1 (Docherty) and Garrett coming through seems reasonable. I’m not sure JE fancies Buckley and at his age, he can’t sit in the bench so I reckon he’ll go.

Only a rumour of course but I’d prefer to save our £10m war chest for all these forwards we’re after! 😅

• Like 1

Agree on Bucko i don't think he's a Eustace player and whilst i wouldn't have loaned him out last season i think his time here is probably up now.

He's just a plodder who offers nothing much unless he feels like it, a player i'm disappointed in tbh because i think he could offer so much more. Travis offers more to the squad over a season.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Docherty probably a solid signing instead of Fleck. Sonny, JRC, Trav +1 (Docherty) and Garrett coming through seems reasonable. I’m not sure JE fancies Buckley and at his age, he can’t sit in the bench so I reckon he’ll go.

Only a rumour of course but I’d prefer to save our £10m war chest for all these forwards we’re after! 😅

My problem is, where is the creativity in that midfield? JRC sure, but he is injury prone and sometimes needed elsewhere. Buckley, sort of, but inconsistent and as you say doesn't seem to be fancied.

Very much doubt we have a 10 mill warchest without selling Sammie, and probably not even then. I want a good goalie before I want a striker (until we sell Sammie).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Eustace spoke highly of Buckley when he arrived at the club. May just have been standard manager spiel welcoming a player back into the fold after his loan. 

Buckley looked a man bereft of confidence for the most part. He was fantastic against Newcastle but poor in the league games. 
Maybe he’ll come back next season revitalised.

I think CM is possibly the only position we are well catered for with Travis, Tronstad, Buckley, Garrett and JRC. 

Edited by Forever Blue

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

there is a reason docherty did`nt play much last season,he`s not very good and it`s a typical unambitious free transfer

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just chat. We know full well he won’t come to Rovers. 

Preston released him cause he was on the piss before games.

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mcfadz and Flecky say what model 

still need experience players signings. 

I would look at Matt Godden as 1 of 2 strikers signings plus someone like Connelly or another striker signing age around 24 or 25 

Both of todays players i’m in favour for on the assumption they’re SQUAD players. We do not have options from the bench and desperately need some. Neither are good enough to be first team regulars and next time someone mentions Garrett as a viable option I’m going to burst into tears. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Both of todays players i’m in favour for on the assumption they’re SQUAD players. We do not have options from the bench and desperately need some. Neither are good enough to be first team regulars and next time someone mentions Garrett as a viable option I’m going to burst into tears. 

Garrett getting young player of the year is still astonishing to me. Must have been a really weak field.

48 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Garrett getting young player of the year is still astonishing to me. Must have been a really weak field.

Yeah, Garrett's been very disappointing. Really struggled all season. Had a few good games in the cups against lower league opposition but in the Championship just couldn't cut it.

• Like 1