BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

If you can’t make certain KO times/days it seems pointless buying one until Sky announce which games are televised. 

Which is convenient that the early bird ends before the fixtures even come out.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fixtures release day is 26th June 9am

Will now by time season starts all set dates up start of Jan won’t we. You can’t win really if waiting for that till you decide. 

2 minutes ago, CA1Rover said:

Will now by time season starts all set dates up start of Jan won’t we. You can’t win really if waiting for that till you decide. 

Sky will announce all fixtures for TV games until to start of January before the season starts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Ah. So early bird ends on 22nd June and sky release tv dates on 26th June. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence! 

Well the fixtures come out on 26th June, probably be a another few weeks after that before Sky get there act together and decide what they want to show!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Are we still the most expensive? 

We're £1 cheaper than Wigan, and £3 cheaper than the dingles looking at that table.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CA1Rover said:

I am in it myself mate. I know what you mean, I’d be surprised if it just went to 0 at the end of each 2 year period, which does make me think I should make an effort to buy one really to get on the ladder again.

That what you say about women’s matches and points, I’m sure Rangers do something similar and they also award points for going on matchday tours etc… basically anything where they can make a few quid out of folk wanting to move up the ladder. 

Rewarding the self proclaimed super fans who the clubs love and pushing away traditional fans who they don't. Shock.

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Well the fixtures come out on 26th June, probably be a another few weeks after that before Sky get there act together and decide what they want to show!

Sky will announce the opening week fixtures probably on the same day as Fixtures come out. I think they did that last season

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sky will announce the opening week fixtures probably on the same day as Fixtures come out. I think they did that last season

In that case you’d think the club would extend the early bird for another week until after the tv dates are announced. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yeah they usually do that, I wouldn't expect the line up until January to come out for a good few weeks after the fixtures have been announced though.

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

In that case you’d think the club would extend the early bird for another week until after the tv dates are announced. 

They wouldn't want that though because when folk see that half the games are being moved they know they that would put them off.

Not as daft as they appear down there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Everything about this 'offer' cynical.

Ends before the fixtures are released.

Once again an early bird offer that only lasts a month, penalising those less financially well off.

A £10 penalty fee for people who want to purchase a ticket in person, disgustingly penalising those who are not technically savvy or have adequate access to IT facilities (these people are likely to predominantly 65 and older).

A tiny reduction on massively overpriced tickets.

All of it has been done solely as a token gesture to make the claim that they have taken the concerns of the Trust seriously.

The only positive thing I can glean from this is that in some ways it's not as shit as I was expecting. However, in other ways it's much much worse.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah they usually do that, I wouldn't expect the line up until January to come out for a good few weeks after the fixtures have been announced though.

Tells you the score here pal:

HOW MUCH NOTICE WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE SELECTION OF LIVE TV GAMES?

• Sky Sports and the EFL will make good on a landmark new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections.
  • The notice periods for selections are as follows:
    • Within seven days of the 2024/25 Fixture Release selections shall be made in respect of all matches to be played before the end of September.
    • Before the start of the season, selections shall be made in respect of all matches scheduled to be played prior to the end of the third round of the FA Cup (January 2024).
    • By November 1, selections shall be made in respect of all matches to be played between the end of the third round proper of the FA Cup and the first weekend of March.
    • Selections for matches scheduled after the first weekend in March will be made on a four-week rolling basis starting from February 1 (e.g. a selection for the first weekend in April will be selected in the first weekend in March).
  • This is almost six month’s notice provided to fans and Clubs, a significant increase on the current deal, which sees five weeks' notice given across the majority of the season.
  • By selecting TV picks early and giving much more notice, fans will be able to plan with certainty when making travel and hotel arrangements. 

Edited by CA1Rover
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Just worked out I get one payday to consider it. So my choice to not get a ST has become ‘cannot if I wanted to’.

Cheers Swagg.

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Just worked out I get one payday to consider it. So my choice to not get a ST has become ‘cannot if I wanted to’.

Cheers Swagg.

I get the sentiment and not wanting to put something like this on a credit card, but most people probably get two chances if paying by credit card? June bill if purchased straight away and July bill if purchased closer to the deadline?

This has to be a fair deal for families and young adults who can renew before end of first phase. You get an adult and 2 kids for £400-500 up to end of phase 2. This is affordable for many working people (they can spread the cost for a slight premium). If they can't afford this then they probably wouldn't buy in at any price. It should increase ST numbers and promote long term support if the idea continues. I think that you should get a discount for buying early and May/June are lighter times cost wise for people.

I can't access my loyalty points as yet (has anyone managed this?) but I reckon I have 183 from last season. I think it is a good idea to promote the Women's team though I have never been to a match (live in Hull and one travel a week is enough) but think that it is too highly weighted when you look at pro-rata cost (£65 adult, 45 OAP, 25/15 kids). Some will buy a Women's ST instead of 1875 as the point value is better than a pair of socks and a wash bag. This will create a negative aspect for the Women (i.e say 300 STs but only 100 turning up).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Cheers Swagg.

You knew this was coming soon. Stop whinging. You should have planned for it. Cheaper than last year so you can have no argument.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

They wouldn't want that though because when folk see that half the games are being moved they know they that would put them off.

Not as daft as they appear down there.

I know mate. I was just highlighting the cynical approach. I get that it’s a business and they have to maximise revenue etc. but people will be buying blind essentially. It’s fine if you can make every kick off time but for those who can’t they might be better off just buying on a game by game basis. Surely it’s fair to have all the info to make an informed choice before you commit £350. 

maybe I’m just naive and shouldn’t expect transparency from a football club 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I know mate. I was just highlighting the cynical approach. I get that it’s a business and they have to maximise revenue etc. but people will be buying blind essentially. It’s fine if you can make every kick off time but for those who can’t they might be better off just buying on a game by game basis. Surely it’s fair to have all the info to make an informed choice before you commit £350. 

maybe I’m just naive and shouldn’t expect transparency from a football club 

I certainly wouldn't expect it from this one.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Are we still the most expensive? 

Early bird no. If you decide to buy a ticket before the season starts then yes.

Comparing Cheapest area (BBE, Riverside) Mid-Priced areas (JW wings), Expensive areas (JW Central) again other local clubs with 2 or 3 differently-priced areas.

EARLY BIRD

Screenshot2024-05-22at11_08_59.png.91e5d3b1e39b3ff29c4d268b7ba33d90.png

END OF JULY

image.png.fa895b0d2933cdb76dcfce66c4811363.png

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Rovers ticket prices 10 years ago for the 2014/15 season.

Italic prices are those adjusted for inflation (using the Bank of England inflation calculator) https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

image.thumb.png.5a927db2d99612978d02088daa30ec0f.png

https://web.archive.org/web/20140528010047/http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/another-winning-rovers-deal-1571638.aspx

Prices down against inflation in almost every area, large drops in Jack Walker, Riverside ironically worse value for money in 2024/25 if you don't "Win the raffle"

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 4