BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Is this something to shout about? I dunno tbh. 

It’s not about the start it’s the finish. Going off what I’ve read on here the dingles, nob end and noblot are looking at shifting 15k ish or have already done so. That's in the same or lower divisions, similar demographics, some larger and smaller populations, etc. Frankly less than any of those is a bad place to be in let alone halving their nos. 

I find it very strange the club are bragging about selling 2k season tickets when we were one of the last professional clubs to put them on sale and the die hards will have been chomping at the bit.

When it comes to any rovers “announcement” I always try and think what is swags agenda. All I can think is he knows the grand total will be pathetic and is trying to create a false narrative that they’re flying off the shelves and you’d better get one. Or as I suspect he’s got a meeting with his overlords and he’ll say look at what I’ve done 2k season ticket sales in one weekend. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The next Fans Forum is in July and no doubt he’ll be crowing again saying we are in for “*our best figures ever since time began* (time starting, of course, in 2012 as Rovers have always been like this, and Oceania has always been at war with East Asia). And he “wants to put on record our thanks to the owners for allowing this fantastic offer” (an offer that still has us an average £100 dearer than Bolton).

Then in September’s FF he we state we have actually sold an amount in the standard range again between about 8k and 9.5k.

Edited by Mattyblue

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Funny how when its a figure the Club wants people to hear about - 1200 in the first day and 2000 after the first weekend - they are quite happy to broadcast it to all and sundry,

Yet usually what we get is all sorts of mixed messages, confusion and silence about sales totals.

I'd suggest this is because they can't wait to try and take advantage of numbers that they think reflect positively on them, whereas the usual way of things is they are silent on such things because the figures are nothing at all to be proud of. This is likely to be the case come window closing day so I expect to see these sales updates shudder to a halt once the initial surge has passed.

We will once again end up well under 10,000 sales yet enough for slippery Steve to massage some positives out of, yet miles behind rival clubs of the same / lower leagues.

1200 (ish) after 1 day

800 (ish) more after the next 3 days.

Seems like quite a drop off to me and not quite as positive as they’re trying to make out.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Blackburn Rovers attendance last season on average was 12 - 14 thousand,  a majority of those paid at the gate.

I'm not sure where you got those numbers from. Last season we sold 9,116 full season tickets and a further 300 other packages.

• Like 1

Think RoversTillIDie is thinking of th’owden days where most folk didn’t bother with a ST and just rocked up at the gate - certainly not the case for the vast majority of match goers these days.

Well its good to see season tickets flying off the shelves, even though its still early days.

Last season saw an increase in season ticket sales on the back of a very good season under JDT, as always the Blackburn public will respond if the product on the pitch is worth supporting, hence why I expect a decrease in sales this season.

Time will tell.

They went up about 300 on the back of our best season in a decade and a slight price reduction, so scraping just over 9k instead of scraping just under it. So in reality they stayed static as they have for a decade.

That will remain the case until we get back in the PL or there is a sizeable price reduction - and as we won’t get either under this calamitous regime they’ll stay static.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They went up about 300 on the back of our best season in a decade and a slight price reduction, so scraping just over 9k instead of scraping just under it. So in reality they stayed static as they have for a decade.

That will remain the case until we get back in the PL or there is a sizeable price reduction - and as we won’t get either under this calamitous regime they’ll stay static.

9416 vs 9191 (+ 225)

• Like 1

Emailed club over the maggot St  tax . 

Someone called fraser emailed back a full on venkygander email. It was full of how amazing season tickets sales have been and how everywhere charges more for onsite sales. 

Got an Abbey one back questioning why he's bragging over the other 32000 empty seats and how I've never been charged a tenner  at Vue 

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Emailed club over the maggot St  tax . 

Someone called fraser emailed back a full on venkygander email. It was full of how amazing season tickets sales have been and how everywhere charges more for onsite sales. 

Got an Abbey one back questioning why he's bragging over the other 32000 empty seats and how I've never been charged a tenner  at Vue 

that will be fraser read,head of marketing  i do believe and the perpetrator of "digital day",complete bull*****r as well,i don`t know any other club in the country that charges it`s fans extra for buying something in person,with gobshites like him,swag,pasha and the others,the clubs only going one way and it is`nt up

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

.... or the owners leave, and the 15000 people who've told me over the years that they're only staying away because of Venkys, come flooding back 🙄

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Such people exist in minuscule numbers.

We lost not far off 10k fans between 2010 and 2012, most have long gone.

Upside down reckoned the figure to be 4000 the other day. I'd say it's at least that number. 

If they're being sincere, then no amount of discount would tempt them to buy a ticket. 

A failure to acknowledge this situation makes any comparison with other clubs null and void. 

As you've said yourself many times, we're not a "normal" club. 

9 hours ago, matt83 said:

It’s not about the start it’s the finish. Going off what I’ve read on here the dingles, nob end and noblot are looking at shifting 15k ish or have already done so. That's in the same or lower divisions, similar demographics, some larger and smaller populations, etc. Frankly less than any of those is a bad place to be in let alone halving their nos. 

I find it very strange the club are bragging about selling 2k season tickets when we were one of the last professional clubs to put them on sale and the die hards will have been chomping at the bit.

When it comes to any rovers “announcement” I always try and think what is swags agenda. All I can think is he knows the grand total will be pathetic and is trying to create a false narrative that they’re flying off the shelves and you’d better get one. Or as I suspect he’s got a meeting with his overlords and he’ll say look at what I’ve done 2k season ticket sales in one weekend. 

Things probably depend on summer signings, the supporters wont want a repeat of last season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Such people exist in minuscule numbers.

We lost not far off 10k fans between 2010 and 2012, most have long gone.

Some Rovers fans are'nt the loyalast in the country. A loyal supporter sticks with the club through thick and thin, not just turn up when they win the premier league or the league cup.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)

They aren’t sincere, not a chance in hell 4,000 people are actively Venky-boycotting - I’d say 400 sounds more plausible and that’s still being generous.

But let’s pretend there is and that these 4,000 who haven’t been seen since PL football in 2011/12 and do all manner of other things now with their time and money will suddenly return to watch a midtable (at best) second division side if we got new owners tomorrow.

Most of those that knocked it on the head as ST holders between 2010 and 2012 have gone and that’s that - doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of other fans out there to target as fan bases evolve constantly.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Some Rovers fans are'nt the loyalast in the country. A loyal supporter sticks with the club through thick and thin, not just turn up when they win the premier league or the league cup.

You do realise that all fanbases contain a mix of regulars and those who pick and choose dependant on lots of factors including success.

Still, if you want to go down the nonsensical shit fans route, each to their own.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Some fans are just fed up of 13 years of lies, let downs, being ripped off, misled, and having the piss taken by people who are actively destroying and undermining the club.

I'm one of them.

Handing money over to the likes of Venkys and Waggott doesn't give me any satisfaction or 'I'm a proper fan' feeling. Infact I feel dirty and conflicted when I do it. Knowing full well that these people at best don't care and just take us as an irrelevance and more likely are laughing at us behind closed doors.

Any other club you can think of had 13 years in a row of this rubbish?

That’s exactly how I feel. It’s why I can never forgive them or move on until they’re gone. They’ve made me feel ashamed and embarrassed about just wanting to support my team.

There was a time I would speak to fans of any club from Man Utd to Liverpool to anybody and argue that rovers are a better club than theirs. Once I made it clear I didn’t mean team or success I meant club I never once came across anyone who said anything to convince me otherwise. Fast forward to the present day I barely like to admit who I support to people I do not know. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Upside down reckoned the figure to be 4000 the other day. I'd say it's at least that number. 

If they're being sincere, then no amount of discount would tempt them to buy a ticket. 

A failure to acknowledge this situation makes any comparison with other clubs null and void. 

As you've said yourself many times, we're not a "normal" club. 

That is correct.

I think the ship has sailed on getting back the full 10-12 Thousand fans that have been driven away by venkys without a major puscht.

I reckon a change of ownership and some positivity and actual ambition could bring around 4k back.

If our season ticket sales are anywhere below 12,000 then that can only be deemed a total failure.

• Like 1