BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Some fans are just fed up of 13 years of lies, let downs, being ripped off, misled, and having the piss taken by people who are actively destroying and undermining the club.

I'm one of them.

Handing money over to the likes of Venkys and Waggott doesn't give me any satisfaction or 'I'm a proper fan' feeling. Infact I feel dirty and conflicted when I do it. Knowing full well that these people at best don't care and just take us as an irrelevance and more likely are laughing at us behind closed doors.

Any other club you can think of had 13 years in a row of this rubbish?

Exactly this. 

Selling us a season ticket last year on the back of a big promotion push and finally some ambition from the manager/dof. Then  Waggot comes out a few weeks after the ticket window closed saying we just need to avoid relegation and have no money.

It just feels like they are taking the piss out of us and can see Waggot telling the story over a pint laughing with his CEO mates.

Giving this clown money genuinely pains me.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Such people exist in minuscule numbers.

We lost not far off 10k fans between 2010 and 2012, most have long gone.

A large majority of those will have found plenty of more interesting, less stressful, things to do with their time and they wouldn’t come back if you gave them a free season ticket.

Can anyone help me avoid the £10 Waggot tax.......... i am after renewing my season ticket for me and kids how do i link there account to mine so that i can buy there ticket online.  they dont have email addresses to approve the request of managing there tickets

40 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A large majority of those will have found plenty of more interesting, less stressful, things to do with their time and they wouldn’t come back if you gave them a free season ticket.

Not while venkys have anything to do with the club.

New ownership and some real ambition will see a few come back for a cursory look and then no doubt many will once again be bitten by the bug.

It's not just about the football it's the community and feeling that you belong to something bigger than yourself. What venkys have done is rip the heart and soul out of that community.

I will never give them a single penny nor will I lower the standards that I expect from the club under their ownership.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You given money to Rovers not him

He's in charge of the money, so to me it feels like him. He could choose to charge less, he could choose to improve the ground, he could choose to spend some money on quality players, he could choose to run the club properly.

But instead he chooses to praise the owners who are billionaires whilst systematically downgrading the club in every aspect. Meanwhile using the money we give him for season tickets to pay for £20m of unexplained losses every season whilst the costs are reduced 20% every summer for the last god knows how many years.

11 minutes ago, roverblue said:

He's in charge of the money, so to me it feels like him. He could choose to charge less, he could choose to improve the ground, he could choose to spend some money on quality players, he could choose to run the club properly.

But instead he chooses to praise the owners who are billionaires whilst systematically downgrading the club in every aspect. Meanwhile using the money we give him for season tickets to pay for £20m of unexplained losses every season whilst the costs are reduced 20% every summer for the last god knows how many years.

Any reduction in budgets are yet (up to 30/6/23) to be reflected in the expenses shown in our accounts.

It will be interesting to see what the next accounts show a big drop in outgoings (and hard to explain why if they don’t) 

1 hour ago, pedrob2014 said:

Can anyone help me avoid the £10 Waggot tax.......... i am after renewing my season ticket for me and kids how do i link there account to mine so that i can buy there ticket online.  they dont have email addresses to approve the request of managing there tickets

I had a similar problem last season so I rang the club and a helpful lady talked me through it. Failing that call in the shop and ask for help. Once you get it sorted just go home and renew from there.

• Like 1

It isn't aimed at anyone in particular this, but for those who have renewed, here is a scenario and I wondered how you would feel.

Income becomes a real issue for some reason and you find yourself unable to afford to renew, but would just about scrape enough together if you could get a £100 reduction.

You E Mail the club and tell them your circumstances and having had a season ticket for 25 years, ask for some sort of compassionate discount, due to your loyalty.

The club E Mail you back and say, tough the price is the price, if we do this for you, we will have to do it for everyone.

How would you feel?

Do they have online accounts?

I’m assuming not given their lack of email addresses but I thought I’d double check.

If you ring the ticket office and ask them to link the accounts they will do. You will then be able to renew in a couple of clicks. Worked for me anyway.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lraC said:

It isn't aimed at anyone in particular this, but for those who have renewed, here is a scenario and I wondered how you would feel.

Income becomes a real issue for some reason and you find yourself unable to afford to renew, but would just about scrape enough together if you could get a £100 reduction.

You E Mail the club and tell them your circumstances and having had a season ticket for 25 years, ask for some sort of compassionate discount, due to your loyalty.

The club E Mail you back and say, tough the price is the price, if we do this for you, we will have to do it for everyone.

How would you feel?

Regardless of who owned the club or in what era this scenario happened, that's how I would expect it to play out.

Just now, Hasta said:

Regardless of who owned the club or in what era this scenario happened, that's how I would expect it to play out.

In days gone by (and I know this as fact) the decision maker at the club, ended up giving someone in almost identical circumstances a free season ticket for him and his kids and an invite to come and have an autograph session with some players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You given money to Rovers not him

Not really correct though is it. He's paid £300,000 a year by Rovers so at least some people or some part of your ST money will be going to him.

Not to mention the other people in the 'senior management' structure who are on god knows how much a year.

15 hours ago, matt83 said:

That’s exactly how I feel. It’s why I can never forgive them or move on until they’re gone. They’ve made me feel ashamed and embarrassed about just wanting to support my team.

There was a time I would speak to fans of any club from Man Utd to Liverpool to anybody and argue that rovers are a better club than theirs. Once I made it clear I didn’t mean team or success I meant club I never once came across anyone who said anything to convince me otherwise. Fast forward to the present day I barely like to admit who I support to people I do not know. 

That's not saying much. 

5 hours ago, roverblue said:

Exactly this. 

Selling us a season ticket last year on the back of a big promotion push and finally some ambition from the manager/dof. Then  Waggot comes out a few weeks after the ticket window closed saying we just need to avoid relegation and have no money.

It just feels like they are taking the piss out of us and can see Waggot telling the story over a pint laughing with his CEO mates.

Giving this clown money genuinely pains me.

You arent giving the money to Waggott. You are giving it to Venkys as they own us. Which is worse.

I suppose the only way Waggott benefits is if it helps him hit bonuses.

32 minutes ago, rossyste said:

I am one of those people who left in 2012 not down to anything Rovers related but due to some difficult personal circumstances. Thankfully those are all now gone and I would like to return and I have wanted too for a good few years. I will not however do so until the club has moved away from it's managed decline overseen from afar by the odious Venkys and shamelessly played out locally by Waggott et al . I have nothing but respect for the hardcore still attending Ewood but the club is a rotting corpse of what it was when it was sold by the Walker family. I have many other interests but could easily fit in Rovers home games despite the daft kick off times we face these days. I still watch on TV nearly every game and still get the Rovers buzz, the way I look at it now is it saves me trudging back to the car in the rain and saves me a few quid, it isn't quite the same though as a vibrant Ewood Park is it.  I just want the club to hit the reset button and offer some genuine incentive to get bums on seats, like many others have said other local clubs have added thousands to there season ticket numbers and yet we just plod along taking the regulars for granted. I can't be a part of that no matter how it hurts.

For context I ain't no glory hunter. I was 11 when I attended Bury away in April 1980 and am a veteran of Moscow, Trelleborgs, Warsaw , Lyon ,Leverkusen as well as Full Members Cup nights at places like Vale Park and league games at Southend and Bath (Bristol Rovers) !

My last engagement with BRFC was in April 2018 when I bought two tickets for what turned out to be promotion night at Doncaster. I returned them a week before the game as I felt someone attending Ewood regularly deserved them more than me. I watched it on TV instead.

I bleed Blue and White, I hate Burnley, I hate Venkys and I hate the shameless puppet Steve Waggott.

It's the hope that kills you, I just hope things change some day soon.....

Of course there are folk like you who would return under new ownership. But the fact you care enough to post such a heartfelt post on an obscure Rovers message board marks you out as still being invested with the club.

Unfortunately many, many others just drifted away 12/13 years ago and don’t really give the club much thought either way these days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lraC said:

In days gone by (and I know this as fact) the decision maker at the club, ended up giving someone in almost identical circumstances a free season ticket for him and his kids and an invite to come and have an autograph session with some players.

I wouldn't expect the club to do that, so fair play. But if it was me who contacted them in that scenario I wouldnt feel annoyed about it if they said no as I wouldnt expect it.

And it is a bit unfair that some people may have stopped going because of cost, whereas other people got free season tickets for emailing in.

There's plenty of reasons to dig the club out, and season tickets especially in the riverside should be cheaper, but not sure your example is one of them.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

If you ring the ticket office and ask them to link the accounts they will do. You will then be able to renew in a couple of clicks. Worked for me anyway.

We're imposing a £10 tax on buying in person so that staffing levels are not needed, but instead people are talking fans through how to avoid it over the phone? How long is that taking? Am I going insane?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rossyste said:

I am one of those people who left in 2012 not down to anything Rovers related but due to some difficult personal circumstances. Thankfully those are all now gone and I would like to return and I have wanted too for a good few years. I will not however do so until the club has moved away from it's managed decline overseen from afar by the odious Venkys and shamelessly played out locally by Waggott et al . I have nothing but respect for the hardcore still attending Ewood but the club is a rotting corpse of what it was when it was sold by the Walker family. I have many other interests but could easily fit in Rovers home games despite the daft kick off times we face these days. I still watch on TV nearly every game and still get the Rovers buzz, the way I look at it now is it saves me trudging back to the car in the rain and saves me a few quid, it isn't quite the same though as a vibrant Ewood Park is it.  I just want the club to hit the reset button and offer some genuine incentive to get bums on seats, like many others have said other local clubs have added thousands to there season ticket numbers and yet we just plod along taking the regulars for granted. I can't be a part of that no matter how it hurts.

For context I ain't no glory hunter. I was 11 when I attended Bury away in April 1980 and am a veteran of Moscow, Trelleborgs, Warsaw , Lyon ,Leverkusen as well as Full Members Cup nights at places like Vale Park and league games at Southend and Bath (Bristol Rovers) !

My last engagement with BRFC was in April 2018 when I bought two tickets for what turned out to be promotion night at Doncaster. I returned them a week before the game as I felt someone attending Ewood regularly deserved them more than me. I watched it on TV instead.

I bleed Blue and White, I hate Burnley, I hate Venkys and I hate the shameless puppet Steve Waggott.

It's the hope that kills you, I just hope things change some day soon.....

We will rise again my friend, the clock is ticking on these bastards in Pune.

Great post, we have many more like you.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

I'm not renewing until I see some genuine ambition from the club with regards to their recruitment. The playing squad was woefully inadequate last year - even for this level. I'm not sitting through another 20+ matches of us being blown away as soon as teams turn to their benches. 

• Like 4

even the obnoxious wagget must realise that if we go into the new season with the current squad we have it`s a certainty we`ll go down,that`s not good on greasy steves c,v,thus im`e hoping he pulls some of his unethical manoevures and makes sure eustace has plenty of money to spend

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The budget we go into the season with and whether it is sufficient in making hs competitive wont be down to Waggott. All depends on the owners.

waggot is a crook and a manipulator,he`ll be on to venkys spewing his bull**** about needing money for players,he won`t want a relegation damaging his cosy little payday